• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

And for survivability, invisible bladedancers are really great for some revive actions :)

Hunters are so good at PoE 35, it's ridiculous. It's Crota's End all over again.

I solo'd to Skolas for something to do while watching football the other day and had 5 deaths. That could easily be 0 with minimal practice, not because I am amazing, but because invis is so OP. Someone really good with invis just trivializes every objective in PoE, even target elimination.

EDIT: Fuck, I hate being post x*50+1

lt519

I need either 5 ToO wins or ... yeah an Etheric Light drop (I currently have one so I should get the needed one next reset) but I'm still trying before the reset happens^^

I'm not the guy to take you through Trials, that'll just end in frustration. If you still need Skolas next weekend let me know and I'll get you through and/or get you to 34. I don't think I'll manage to get onto Destiny tonight. Feel free to add me on psn: rarbusto

lt519

Hunters are so good at PoE 35, it's ridiculous. It's Crota's End all over again.

I solo'd to Skolas for something to do while watching football the other day and had 5 deaths. That could easily be 0 with minimal practice, not because I am amazing, but because invis is so OP. Someone really good with invis just trivializes every objective in PoE, even target elimination.

I'd take 3 titans chaining Gift of the Void over 3 hunters any day (; But yeah besides that one set up I prefer my hunter. I actually ran a new-ish build yesterday doing solo for fun. Instead of crouch to invis I used Kephri's Sting and changed to health replenishing on blade dancing. Helped survive in a few sketchy situations and the backstab damage was really fun.

ocean

Banned
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I didn't say anything about being carried. When I said good group, I simply meant fun, patient, and competent. If he feels comfortable in a NF at 32, he should feel more than comfortable in a lvl 30 raid.
The things about raids is you often die more because of not knowing positioning and mechanics and spawns etc than because of actual difficulty. And if it's your first time? Chances are high you'll die soon. And with no revives, you end up spectating. It's
Not the best way to experience a raid for the first time.

Start Abyss for example and fall down a hole? Spectate until bridge. This is the kind of thing best avoided.

Need some advice. I never purchased the previous expansions, but with the announced changes coming down the line with TTK, i am interested in jumping back in.

Is worth buying the first two expansions or just wait out TTK?

deoee

I'm not the guy to take you through Trials, that'll just end in frustration. If you still need Skolas next weekend let me know and I'll get you through and/or get you to 34. I don't think I'll manage to get onto Destiny tonight. Feel free to add me on psn: rarbusto

Sure I'll get back to you! Gonna add you now

Ambitious

Hey, ocean:

CMkByGaUsAAUXj3.jpg:large

Well that didn't take long. The drop rate in the Crucible seems to be huge now.
Shot Package + Luck in the Chamber. Not perfect, but close enough. I don't want to waste any more motes.

ocean

Banned
Need some advice. I never purchased the previous expansions, but with the announced changes coming down the line with TTK, i am interested in jumping back in.

The Taken King at retail includes the base game, the two Year 2 Expansions plus The Taken King itself. Probably the best way to hop back on.

40 Rumble Wins total now, going for 5-10 more today before I call it quits. Hopefully 1 or 2 more wins before dinner.

Also just got Ash Factory but I do not want to waste my motes

Deku Tree

You basically have two options. (1) if you want to start playing now you can buy the digital collectors edition for $80 usd. Then you have everything. If you don't want to play until 9/15 and you don't care about the CE stuff then buy the legendary edition for $60 usd.

Both of those editions come with the first two expansions included.

The only way to buy TTK stand alone expansion for $40 is if you already own everything else. And the two expansions are $35 right now.

bitsurugi

4 Mercury runs today not too bad. Congrats and thanks to Bitsurugi, Dr_LawyerCop, Navvaro and Blaze for joining Tears and me for some fun. Also, thanks to Macello, Mupod and Robdraggoo for joining up for a couple of games. Finally hit a true skill level of 48. I'm tired but quite satisfied :)

Thanks to oyu guys, was fun playing with you and then watching the stream, keep it up, trueskill 50 is close :)

ocean

Banned
Hey, ocean:

CMkByGaUsAAUXj3.jpg:large

Well that didn't take long. The drop rate in the Crucible seems to be huge now.
Shot Package + Luck in the Chamber. Not perfect, but close enough. I don't want to waste any more motes.
A few weeks ago I'd have told you to keep rolling until you got Aggresive + Shot Package + Rifled/Reinforced Barrel. But the weapon rebalancing is coming really soon and there's no telling how things are gonna change.

Hold on to your motes. Not worth it to spend them on stuff that won't be top-tier in a month, specially considering motes will be super handy (engrams for new stuff, maybe cool Class Items at speaker? Who knows).

Re roll craze can be put on hold. It was insane and horrible and we loved it.

Went undefeated in the regular season of my Filipino basketball league that's once a summer. 1v4 and 2v3, we were the 1 seed. Winner moves onto championship. We were up by 20 and lost by 3. Feels very bad.

Not to mention I missed a wide open 3 with about a minute and a half left. Fhejcjkendnfjd

Tomorrow I'm going to my gf's grandfathers funeral. Everything feels bad.

deadduck

What incentive will people have to drop Matador64 type shotguns or LDR/HB/SoV in crucible? They are going to be just as good in anything but Trials aren't they?

lt519

Went undefeated in the regular season of my Filipino basketball league that's once a summer. 1v4 and 2v3, we were the 1 seed. Winner moves onto championship. We were up by 20 and lost by 3. Feels very bad.

Not to mention I missed a wide open 3 with about a minute and a half left. Fhejcjkendnfjd

Ouch ): I'm in a few competitive leagues myself and losing a big lead always stings. You can see the wheels coming off and them gaining momentum. One missed shot didn't make the difference though so don't beat yourself up. Go shoot some aliens to pass the time and take your mind off it.

No need to be too harsh on yourself! At least he got the armor to be 34, and truth be told, the silver/gold packages are more worthwile in terms of loot than Mercury.

Thanks for helping him out for me and EJ!
I was happy enough to get to 8. I felt I could have done better though, my back wasn't strong enough.

I'm happy to attempt to take some of the workload off you two if I have a strong second to help me because I'm nowhere near good enough to double carry. What you guys do is great and I'm happy to be a part of an awesome group.

Cade

Thanks for the run blackprophesy! Qodron remains the one POE boss who can throw me for a loop. Well, Skolas presumably, but I haven't run it yet.

ocean

Banned
What incentive will people have to drop Matador64 type shotguns or LDR/HB/SoV in crucible? They are going to be just as good in anything but Trials aren't they?
Matador 64 is extremely slow. Only reason it's good is the crazy range you can one-shot with it. With Shot Package and Rangefinder being nerfed significantly (30% on SP!!), you'll have to be super close to get a one-shot. We'll be back to the launch meta of shotgun+melee (people complained about this being too easy back in the day :p). In such a scenario, higher RoF shotguns like Secret Handshake become more attractive.

As for Sniper Rifles: that'll depend a lot on whether new perks are added to the Sniper table. Shadow of Veils does not have good perks. It has high AA and good scopes. And even then, it's attractive. I doubt they'll make something with more AA, but a base 50 AA sniper like LDR with some good perks (new stuff not available on old ones) would certainly be enough to drive interest.

EL CUCO

I'm starting to think shotguns will still be greatly used even after the balance patch. 30% reduction to shot package isn't much when you think of it. Unless they're planning on giving it another overall range nerf, which I hope they dont. I honestly think the base range is pretty good where it's at. At this point balancing blink is probably the best way of balancing shotties lol

Rip Rangefinder tho. Surprised to see them nerf that perk into the ground and not SP, given SP's popularity. They must know something that we dont.

Ouch ): I'm in a few competitive leagues myself and losing a big lead always stings. You can see the wheels coming off and them gaining momentum. One missed shot didn't make the difference though so don't beat yourself up. Go shoot some aliens to pass the time and take your mind off it.

Yea it sucks. Especially considering the circumstances it happened in. It's a lot of pride too since we're a smallish community.

I'm thinking about it but nothing sounds too fun right now.

Top Bottom