• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

zewone

For the love of God please.

Can someone please join me for a NF?

I got killed by Taniks at the very end solo with that one shot solar burn.

I just want to get it over with.

Thank you

PSN zewone

SnakeEyes

Banned
Let the hate flow through you.
scb610.jpg

tumblr_mlb9cqjHWq1qerkzao1_500.gif

ocean

Banned
It should be a fairly minimal factor.

The 100 games vs 1000 games would probably reveal very similar stats for most people. The law of averages would come into play pretty quickly.
I think # of played games is important. If I play a single match against a horrible team and go 20-0 I shouldn't be briefly ranked as one of the best players out there.

I do feel that it's weighed far, far too heavily in terms of how much played games matter though.

Quick example. Look up a guy called ZL_Chriss. 99% wins (810 wins, 8 losses), 6.92 K/D in Trials. And this is often carrying people of wildly different skill levels - from people who can hold their own, to my Lvl 27 brother last week. Evidently, the guy is extremely skilled. But:

He's not even on the PS4 Trials Trueskill leaderboard, because being there would require at least twice that amount of games.

That's where I feel it sort of falls apart. Consistency should matter but it's weighed far too heavily. I'd easily say someone with 99% and 7 K/D over 800 games is more intimidating than a 2.1 K/D, 90% win player with 3,000 games (I'm already dead against either Kappa)

Btw props to our community's members of the top 100 board :) Unstable, Runenov and Wicked (#27!!!), you guys rock.

Silvard

I can play but if Dunk wants to get in there that's cool too. I did 5 runs today, so just offering to help/play for fun.

Drizz, would you be willing to help me get at least 7 or 8 wins in Trials, for The Messenger? I've been trying all evening and haven't been able to get past 4 wins (which hey still better than what I used to, but yeah). I've already been to Mercury thanks to you and Rubenov and XO (I believe) so I understand if first timers get priority.

MrDaravon

0 wins first card, 1 win (I think?) the second card, 3 wins the third card. All cards had all boons purchased.

Completely giving up on Mercury/Lighthouse, not even close to happening. Trials is nothing but super tryhards teabagging. Everyone I ran with was cool, and I shit it up as much or more than anyone so not trying to point fingers or anything like that since I'm not that good at PvP to begin with. That was probably the most boring and distasteful experience I've ever had with this game. I'm deleting my last Thorn and Juju bounties, done with the PvP in this game completely. I already hated it, Trails cemented it lol. Awesome that there is content I will never see in my PvE game because I'm not godtier at the PvP -_-.

darknil

Drizz, would you be willing to help me get at least 7 or 8 wins in Trials, for The Messenger? I've been trying all evening and haven't been able to get past 4 wins (which hey still better than what I used to, but yeah). I've already been to Mercury thanks to you and Rubenov and XO (I believe) so I understand if first timers get priority.

Well, I'm a first timer if he wants to take us :p

Silvard

0 wins first card, 1 win (I think?) the second card, 3 wins the third card. All cards had all boons purchased.

Completely giving up on Mercury/Lighthouse, not even close to happening. Trials is nothing but super tryhards teabagging. Everyone I ran with was cool, and I shit it up as much or more than anyone so not trying to point fingers or anything like that since I'm not that good at PvP to begin with. That was probably the most boring and distasteful experience I've ever had with this game. I'm deleting my last Thorn and Juju bounties, done with the PvP in this game completely. I already hated it, Trails cemented it lol. Awesome that there is content I will never see in my PvE game because I'm not godtier at the PvP -_-.

Aww :(. I think you did way better than me anyway.

MrDaravon

Aww :(. I think you did way better than me anyway.

Oh I'm not bitter or anything, I just really actively dislike the PvP in this game, it's a total shitshow with bad netcode and never knowing who is going to have an ability or weapon that you can't plan for that can oneshot you. I would literally rather play Perfect Dark Zero or Homefront online than this.

Juraash

I totally sympathize. I thought seeing Mercury might be cool to see. But I'm literally garbage tier at PVP and I've never liked it in fps games. One night of failing at crucible way back when was enough. I thought about trying the bad juju bounty, but my guess is ill never finish it once the pvp requirement hits.

MrDaravon

I totally sympathize. I thought seeing Mercury might be cool to see. But I'm literally garbage tier at PVP and I've never liked it in fps games. One night of failing at crucible way back when was enough. I thought about trying the bad juju bounty, but my guess is ill never finish it once the pvp requirement hits.

The Juju bounty isn't bad though because you don't get penalized for deaths, so assuming you are able to hold a controller you can power through it. The Invenctive (?) bounty where you have to get the K/D spread is extremely generous and also pretty easy to do. The Thorn one is the only one that's pretty fucked, especially if you don't have a Void primary. Really doesn't help that it doesn't count assists either, it would be significantly easier if it did. No reason not to stick with the Juju bounty though.

Edit: Unrelated protip: Not Your Father's Root Beer is fucking amazing. Holy shit.

Daemul

lol Trueskill, ignore that shit. Destinytracker uses the word Trueskill to refer to their rating system but it isn't the official Microsoft TrueSkill system used in games like Halo(though the number isn't displayed anymore) and it isn't utilized in anyway by Bungie since they deploy their own rating system(yes, they do actually have a rating system lol). Destinytracker have their own super secret(not really) formula to calculate "Trueskill" which is completely based on W/L thus favouring pubstompers.

Juraash

The Juju bounty isn't bad though because you don't get penalized for deaths, so assuming you are able to hold a controller you can power through it. The Invenctive (?) bounty where you have to get the K/D spread is extremely generous and also pretty easy to do. The Thorn one is the only one that's pretty fucked, especially if you don't have a Void primary. Really doesn't help that it doesn't count assists either, it would be significantly easier if it did. No reason not to stick with the Juju bounty though.

I really hadn't thought about that. I could fail my way through it with enough endurance. Seeing as how that and Obsidian Mind are coming over, might be worth trying that build. Maybe I will stick with it.

Deku Tree

lol Trueskill, ignore that shit. Destinytracker uses the word Trueskill to refer to their rating system but it isn't the official Microsoft TrueSkill system used in games like Halo(though the number isn't displayed anymore) and it isn't utilized in anyway by Bungie since they deploy their own rating system(yes, they do actually have a rating system lol). Destinytracker have their own super secret(not really) formula to calculate "Trueskill" which is completely based on W/L thus favouring pubstompers.

I thought Destiny Tracker pulled their numbers from Bungie, including your player ranking.

Top Bottom