• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

GhaleonEB

Has bungie talked about what will happen with all our class upgrade materials? I don't remember them mentioning class material conversion to the new singular armor material the stream.

The faction vendors had a long row of different packages under "materials exchange" in the Twitch stream. Looked like enough to trade in lots of different materials, though they did not show for what. At the least, I'd expect to be able to convert the current class armor material to the new universal one.

Wait, heavy ammo synths will give faction rep?

I believe they said most things can be traded ie. mats and yea ammo packs.

As for high road soldier it seems to drop often i kept one with full auto,single point and crowd control and my second has full auto,hand laid stock and outlaw which may be my go to.I also rolled a red hand with LiTC/expl rounds,snapshot,rifled barrel and final round on my first reroll gonna be fun to try that out so i can start using my bow in pvp.

Mercury and Skolas for EroticSushi and Saveweyard, hooray! Fun games gentlemen.

If you're that concerned, you probably shouldn't be sarcastic in the first place lol.

wut? I'm not concerned, just trying to be considerate. I'd rather communicate more clearly than completely avoid an entire type of expression (sarcasm).

Not at all, sorry.

Ah, just coincidental timing then. I was still wondering why you didn't like kappa, lol....

edit: wow there was a lot of Kappa Konversation I missed over the last page where you already explained it

8gA6lpU.png

Seriously, how could you not like that face? haha

Arsin

Just ed my 23 motes for my first try at an exotic chest piece and got something I can use! Not only that, but it seems pretty good too (hard for me to tell since this is my first exotic and I am upgrading from a blue chest), it is the Crest of the Alpha Lupi. It has the upgrade that let me rez faster and get more orbs from my super. Seems pretty good. Now I just need 2 more coins for the Thunderlord and I am in business. I thought I had 18, but sadly I only have 15 =/. I have done the weekly heroic already, not really sure how else to get more coins.

Mercury and Skolas for EroticSushi and Saveweyard, hooray! Fun games gentlemen.

wut? I'm not concerned, just trying to be considerate. I'd rather communicate more clearly than completely avoid an entire type of expression (sarcasm).

Ah, just coincidental timing then. I was still wondering why you didn't like kappa, lol....

Seriously, how could you not like that face? haha

Thanks for the runs Drizz! Lots of fun. And I went in only wanting to get those boots for my hunter haha

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just ed my 23 motes for my first try at an exotic chest piece and got something I can use! Not only that, but it seems pretty good too (hard for me to tell since this is my first exotic and I am upgrading from a blue chest), it is the Crest of the Alpha Lupi. It has the upgrade that let me rez faster and get more orbs from my super. Seems pretty good. Now I just need 2 more coins for the Thunderlord and I am in business. I thought I had 18, but sadly I only have 15 =/. I have done the weekly heroic already, not really sure how else to get more coins.
Do PoE 28, you should get 2-3 coins

Usually can get some by running the 28 prison of elders.

Easy to get coins now just do some 28 Poes or farm dragon strikes and spam blue engrams at cryptarch youll get your coins.

Sigh back to the hopscotch grind if anyone needs one for PoE or NF i can join.I havent done trials in weeks got tired of never seeing mercury but ill give it a go as well.

Psn legendkilla3rd just pm

I could do another Skolas kill if there's a newbie around or do some more Trials if there's another helper around. Wicked and Rubenov are too madly in love, I have no one to help me w/ Trials ;_;

Thanks for the runs Drizz! Lots of fun. And I went in only wanting to get those boots for my hunter haha

Rematching the same team after we went to the Reef and then the double-Defender games were probably my highlights. A lot of good games in Trials followed by a Skolas Steamroll.

Silvard

I could do another Skolas kill if there's a newbie around or do some more Trials if there's another helper around. Wicked and Rubenov are too madly in love, I have no one to help me w/ Trials ;_;

Rematching the same team after we went to the Reef and then the double-Defender games were probably my highlights. A lot of good games in Trials followed by a Skolas Steamroll.

Drizz, would you be willing to help me get at least 7 or 8 wins in Trials, for The Messenger? I've been trying all evening and haven't been able to get past 4 wins (which hey still better than what I used to, but yeah). I've already been to Mercury thanks to you and Rubenov and XO (I believe) so I understand if first timers get priority.

The faction vendors had a long row of different packages under "materials exchange" in the Twitch stream. Looked like enough to trade in lots of different materials, though they did not show for what. At the least, I'd expect to be able to convert the current class armor material to the new universal one.

Are you referring to this? You can trade in armor mats for rep. Like you, I expect we'll have the option to convert our class mats. I'm just wondering if it will be a 1:1 thing since everybody probably has 1,000+ of most class mats.

Easy to get coins now just do some 28 Poes or farm dragon strikes and spam blue engrams at cryptarch youll get your coins.

Sigh back to the hopscotch grind if anyone needs one for PoE or NF i can join.I havent done trials in weeks got tired of never seeing mercury but ill give it a go as well.

Psn legendkilla3rd just pm

hey we can start POE and look for 3rd, if its okay with you?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is POE 28 considered a strike?

Just need 3 more strikes for rank 3. Have 5 keys I need to get rid of.

Sidearm rank 3 finally. Only took a couple of days.

Kalamari

Huge thanks to Rubenov and Wicked for carrying my flubby butt to Mercury!

We started off with a loss, but after repurchasing a card, these guys managed to pull me through 9-1 after starting over.

Mupod

guh I forgot how slowly exotics leveled. I really want to give Last Word a spin tomorrow though, since I have a sniper rifle worth a damn now.

maomaoIYP

guh I forgot how slowly exotics leveled. I really want to give Last Word a spin tomorrow though, since I have a sniper rifle worth a damn now.
Get 2 characters with complete 10x 5000 xp bounties, then use the bonus xp item before turning it in, you'll be close to completion then.

Drizz, would you be willing to help me get at least 7 or 8 wins in Trials, for The Messenger? I've been trying all evening and haven't been able to get past 4 wins (which hey still better than what I used to, but yeah). I've already been to Mercury thanks to you and Rubenov and XO (I believe) so I understand if first timers get priority.

Hey, sorry I saw your earlier post and was about to respond. It looks like you've got a fireteam of 3 now so go ahead and roll with those folks but let me know if you still need some games for the Messenger later. I'll be around all weekend, I'm just trying to help folks with Trials and Skolas so I'm sure we can find some time.

I could try trials. Best I've ever done is 8-1, though

My usual PvP buddies have all retired for the evening so I'm not sure how many other folks are around. Unless we get lucky matching scrubby teams we'll probably need a strong 3rd to make a real run at Mercury.

Raybunny

Hey, sorry I saw your earlier post and was about to respond. It looks like you've got a fireteam of 3 now so go ahead and roll with those folks but let me know if you still need some games for the Messenger later. I'll be around all weekend, I'm just trying to help folks with Trials and Skolas so I'm sure we can find some time.

My usual PvP buddies have all retired for the evening so I'm not sure how many other folks are around. Unless we get lucky matching scrubby teams we'll probably need a strong 3rd to make a real run at Mercury.

I am up for some Trials if you feel like it. Or skolas. Or salvage, or clash or something. Either.

I don't understand what's taking Bungie so long to put the patch in that changes at least Final Round snipers. That's obviously an easy change.

Next would be Thorn.

Like update your game in pieces, not all at once. Prioritize and fix what needs to be fixed the most.

I've never tried Trials before, and I suck with a sniper rifle in this game. I have no chance at getting those boots, do I? :( lol

As Slammin said, you definitely don't need sniping skills for Trials. Imo sniping is the most powerful ability but it's far from required and most teams you'll face won't have a pro sniper who can make your life miserable.

Just start playing some games and don't worry if you lose a bunch, it's a good way to earn Passage Coins. Once you have some experience and some Coins you can buy the boons which mean you'll only have to win 2 games before losing 4 in order to get the boots. As long as you get lucky and don't face all-star teams constantly you should be fine.

Also lots of people around here including myself are happy to help newbies in Trials if needed.

Olengie

Used to play Destiny a lot in the first three months. Since I didn't have access to the DLCs, I stopped playing.

But lately, I find myself slowing coming back to Destiny. And I'm seriously considering getting Taken King.

I could do another Skolas kill if there's a newbie around or do some more Trials if there's another helper around.

What happened to Unstable, he's still fixing his desk? :p

Is POE 28 considered a strike?

Just need 3 more strikes for rank 3. Have 5 keys I need to get rid of.

Sidearm rank 3 finally. Only took a couple of days.

What happened to taking a break from Destiny till TTK and playing other games? You obsessed kids.... :p

5 wins is very attainable. Sniping is by no means a requirement either. Plenty of people have success with shotgunning.
Hmm.. gonna have to have a go at it tomorrow then. I hope I can convince some GAFers to join a Trials virgin. :p
I'm pretty decent with a Hawkmoon so hopefully that gets me by.
As Slammin said, you definitely don't need sniping skills for Trials. Imo sniping is the most powerful ability but it's far from required and most teams you'll face won't have a pro sniper who can make your life miserable.

Just start playing some games and don't worry if you lose a bunch, it's a good way to earn Passage Coins. Once you have some experience and some Coins you can buy the boons which mean you'll only have to win 2 games before losing 4 in order to get the boots. As long as you get lucky and don't face all-star teams constantly you should be fine.

Also lots of people around here including myself are happy to help newbies in Trials if needed.
Awesome, thank you.
I actually have a ton of passage coins in the vault already lol, I've been playing the game regularly but avoiding the non-matchmaking stuff out of laziness. Trying to put an end to that before Taken King comes out.
But yeah, thanks for the tips! Hopefully you'll be around tomorrow. ;)

Used to play Destiny a lot in the first three months. Since I didn't have access to the DLCs, I stopped playing.

But lately, I find myself slowing coming back to Destiny. And I'm seriously considering getting Taken King.

Obviously we're biased around here but TTK looks to be bringing a lot of good changes and some hopefully compelling content so it should be a good time to hop back in. If you still have reservations you could wait until it's released to see what the general consensus is. Most people disliked TDB expansion 1, most people like HoW expansion 2, most people are optimistic for TTK.

What happened to Unstable, he's still fixing his desk? :p

I dunno, he's been pretty much Trials-retired for awhile now. We still do our 3 runs on Friday but I don't see him play much after that. I wish I could help more people in Trials but there just aren't many people who can/want to help (which is totally understandable).

I dunno, he's been pretty much Trials-retired for awhile now. We still do our 3 runs on Friday but I don't see him play much after that. I wish I could help more people in Trials but there just aren't many people who can/want to help (which is totally understandable).

Yeah I get it. TBH there isn't much to do anyway till TTK drops.

You're doing a fantastic job helping others complete their triumphs and such :)

Had my SCUF 4PS come in today. Seems ace. Paddles are great.

Oooh, nice! Let me know how you like it, I've been debating pulling the trigger on buying one myself. Did you get the re-mappable paddles or any of the other optional bells and whistles?

Played about 60 games of trials today and won about 8. I've had enough.

Lag is bullshit.
Final round is bullshit.
Thorn is bullshit.

Fix this shit already.

Is this on X1? Whatever you do, don't play too much Trials until you want to rage quit Destiny completely like before! Trials is super stressful stuff, even matches that you win can take a lot out of you and losing matches is super depressing.

I'll be down to help out some Trials newbies tomorrow night through Monday. I'm not going to carry anyone as I'm only a decent player, but I will gladly help new people learn the gametype and become more comfortable with it.

Wallach

Oooh, nice! Let me know how you like it, I've been debating pulling the trigger on buying one myself. Did you get the re-mappable paddles or any of the other optional bells and whistles?

I got the Elite with the EMR key to remap the paddles. Wasn't really interested in any of their other options like custom analog sticks or blacked out buttons (though if they had offered an option to switch the analog sticks out for default XB1 sticks I might have done that).

They seem to have updated their paddles to ones that fit your hand better - I guess the older 4PS paddles used to bend inward, but these feel really good. Currently have the left paddle mapped to Circle for crouch/slide and the right paddle mapped to Square for interacting with stuffs. Already feels really natural, the only thing I have had to really adjust is not putting too much pressure with my left finger when trying to click in L3 for sprint so I don't accidentally also press the paddle. The paddles take about as much force as a 360 bumper to click so they're not overly sensitive or anything, I guess I just didn't realize I did that with my finger to be able to get L3 to click in consistently.

Ooh being able to revive and shoot accurately by using a paddle would be nice. Slide shotgunning while aiming too. Man, if I ever find myself with extra money to spend on something like that I'd totally pimp out one of those scuf pads.

Speaking of which, wasn't Unstable getting a hori fps pad? Did he or anyone else here that got one ever give their impressions?

Is this on X1? Whatever you do, don't play too much Trials until you want to rage quit Destiny completely like before! Trials is super stressful stuff, even matches that you win can take a lot out of you and losing matches is super depressing.

Yea I've been playing pretty much all day, both ps4 and xb1. Definitely just need a break / some sleep at this point.

Top Bottom