• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Arsin

Quick question for anyone who can answer. I have about 18 coins for Zur this weekend, what should I buy? I am a lv 27 Titan and I am not sure if the helmet would be worth it if I don't really use that subclass. My only legendary piece are my boots, my primary gun, and my secondary gun. Should I hold out for more next week or just buy the helmet? Or maybe the heavy weapon? I am not really sure what would be best and any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

ocean

Banned
I thought Destiny Tracker pulled their numbers from Bungie, including your player ranking.
They use the API to get your K/D and game history, but it's a different formula to Bungie's Combat Rating. Combat rating is somewhat more closely defined by performance, while DRR is basically equal parts performance and grind (amount of matches bumps you way up).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quick question for anyone who can answer. I have about 18 coins for Zur this weekend, what should I buy? I am a lv 27 Titan and I am not sure if the helmet would be worth it if I don't really use that subclass. My only legendary piece are my boots, my primary gun, and my secondary gun. Should I hold out for more next week or just buy the helmet? Or maybe the heavy weapon? I am not really sure what would be best and any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
Buy Thunderlord since you can afford it. Mask of the Third Man is useful situationally but not essential. How many Motes you got?

Thanks!

Thunderlord is super cool, but the helm grts you higher level. Depends on you priority. If you level up you can run higher level stuff

Arsin

Buy Thunderlord since you can afford it. Mask of the Third Man is useful situationally but not essential. How many Motes you got?

Think I have 22 motes of light. I did not see anything that the speaker sells other than cosmetic stuff. Are they used for something else?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thunderlord is super cool, but the helm grts you higher level. Depends on you priority. If you level up you can run higher level stuff
He's got plenty of room to go without needing an exotic though, at 27. There's vendor legendaries to be bought and boosted. Thundercloud has only been Xurified once before I think.

Mupod

my very last weapon part and mote on her benevolence got me:

hidden hand
unflinching
shortgaze
snapshot

y4BADOu.jpg

Arsin

Hmmm, the helm would be a huge upgrade of light that is for sure, but the weapon seems like it would be a bit more useful.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Think I have 22 motes of light. I did not see anything that the speaker sells other than cosmetic stuff. Are they used for something else?

The exotic engram (currently it's a chest) costs 23. Basically, it's a guaranteed exotic chestpiece but the odds are 2/3 against in terms of it being for Hunter. You could take the chance though. Any hunter chest would be more valuable than MotM.

my very last weapon part and mote on her benevolence got me:

hidden hand
unflinching
shortgaze
snapshot

y4BADOu.jpg

Actually speaking of rolls on Her Benevolence, I got a similar roll of a treasure chest drop

Hidden Hand
Shortgaze
QuickDraw
Unflinching

I'm assuming I should keep it, but which is better and what's the difference?

Actually speaking of rolls on Her Benevolence, I got a similar roll of a treasure chest drop

Hidden Hand
Shortgaze
QuickDraw
Unflinching

I'm assuming I should keep it, but which is better and what's the difference?

Some would argue Quickdraw is actually better than Snapshot. It increases ads but not as much as Snapshot, but it is better in that you can switch weapons faster so you can get an enemy weak with a snipe then finish them off with a primary easily.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Can two Gaffers with good experience in beating Skolas join on me? 2 guys wimped out. Im at Skolas so spam to join my session.

What do you guys think of this roll?

Full Auto
Small Bore
Army of One

I'm just curious if it's enough stability.

I'd recommend hand laid stock or braced frame. The RoF isn't nl shadow levels of unmanageable with low stability, but every bit helps. Even with hand laid stock the range should be fine, I think a bit better than Mida even. I have full auto, hand laid, and firefly on mine and it is pretty enjoyable to use.

Mindlog

Do we know how much rep Heavy Ammo will give?
Is there a direct Strange Coin -> Rep swap?

Just thinking it might be pretty cheap to buy 1000 packs for quick level up packages since our marks are getting wiped and I'll need something else to get early armor and weapons when switching characters.

Frenden

Banned
Despite thinking I might skip it this go around, I'm edging my factions.

I'm a little confused by the messaging surrounding the activities which will give marks, so those early rank up rewards may be more valuable than ever.

sjay1994

Even though the first time mercury dream died tonight, 8 wins in a row for my first attempt at trials is pretty good.

Thanks renta and myopic

Also, here is a gif of renta's incredible save

giphy.gif

zewone

I'd recommend hand laid stock or braced frame. The RoF isn't nl shadow levels of unmanageable with low stability, but every bit helps. Even with hand laid stock the range should be fine, I think a bit better than Mida even. I have full auto, hand laid, and firefly on mine and it is pretty enjoyable to use.

Rerolled

Full Auto
Braced Frame
Crowd Control

I'm not crazy about the sights, but I"ll live. This thing is going to wreck in TTK.

Frenden

Banned
It's a little crazy that year one folks may be the only ones with rerolled god weapons going into the future. Like, your rolled to perfection Radeghasts and Benevolences may be the most OP guns for vanilla PvP we ever see again, heh.

Has bungie talked about what will happen with all our class upgrade materials? I don't remember them mentioning class material conversion to the new singular armor material the stream.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Like I said. Scrubs. *sigh*

Thank you so much.

No problem.

It's okay. Not everyone can be good from the start.

If he's more to the left, need to wait until I make a run from the top before shooting if he's more to the right, when I get on top shoot immediately. The key is to give me enough time to get four hits on him. We got it done although in a funny way.

Do we know how much rep Heavy Ammo will give?
Is there a direct Strange Coin -> Rep swap?

Just thinking it might be pretty cheap to buy 1000 packs for quick level up packages since our marks are getting wiped and I'll need something else to get early armor and weapons when switching characters.

Wait, heavy ammo synths will give faction rep?

Top Bottom