• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Ooh being able to revive and shoot accurately by using a paddle would be nice. Slide shotgunning while aiming too. Man, if I ever find myself with extra money to spend on something like that I'd totally pimp out one of those scuf pads.

Speaking of which, wasn't Unstable getting a hori fps pad? Did he or anyone else here that got one ever give their impressions?

He just got his HORI today after he ran his trials so he hasn't tested it out yet. At least as of around 6 hours ago.

Obviously we're biased around here but TTK looks to be bringing a lot of good changes and some hopefully compelling content so it should be a good time to hop back in. If you still have reservations you could wait until it's released to see what the general consensus is. Most people disliked TDB expansion 1, most people like HoW expansion 2, most people are optimistic for TTK.

I dunno, he's been pretty much Trials-retired for awhile now. We still do our 3 runs on Friday but I don't see him play much after that. I wish I could help more people in Trials but there just aren't many people who can/want to help (which is totally understandable).

meeeee

Silvard

Hey, sorry I saw your earlier post and was about to respond. It looks like you've got a fireteam of 3 now so go ahead and roll with those folks but let me know if you still need some games for the Messenger later. I'll be around all weekend, I'm just trying to help folks with Trials and Skolas so I'm sure we can find some time.

My usual PvP buddies have all retired for the evening so I'm not sure how many other folks are around. Unless we get lucky matching scrubby teams we'll probably need a strong 3rd to make a real run at Mercury.

Ah, thanks again, and sorry, I didn't mean to pester you too much. I've been trying hard with as many people as I can find and the best we've gotten is 4 - 3(4). It's hard to get practice in because of lack of matchmaking and the reality is that ToO is really competitive and my skills aren't up to snuff yet. I haven't gotten a good shotgun yet, but I maxed my sniper and Chest of Alpha Lupi and a Last Word, but I need more practice with it.

I got the Elite with the EMR key to remap the paddles. Wasn't really interested in any of their other options like custom analog sticks or blacked out buttons (though if they had offered an option to switch the analog sticks out for default XB1 sticks I might have done that).

They seem to have updated their paddles to ones that fit your hand better - I guess the older 4PS paddles used to bend inward, but these feel really good. Currently have the left paddle mapped to Circle for crouch/slide and the right paddle mapped to Square for interacting with stuffs. Already feels really natural, the only thing I have had to really adjust is not putting too much pressure with my left finger when trying to click in L3 for sprint so I don't accidentally also press the paddle. The paddles take about as much force as a 360 bumper to click so they're not overly sensitive or anything, I guess I just didn't realize I did that with my finger to be able to get L3 to click in consistently.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I can't decide what I would map to the paddles so I'd have to get the EMR stuff and try a few things. I know WishYouLuckk does slide and change weapon onto the paddles which makes sense, and I'd be tempted to use one paddle for melee just to get it off R3 while using Jumper. I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still accidentally press the right stick during sweaty moments and really screw myself.

I might go ahead and buy one here in a minute, hmmm...

Yeah I get it. TBH there isn't much to do anyway till TTK drops.

You're doing a fantastic job helping others complete their triumphs and such :)

Thanks dude! I'm trying. Still a few weeks left to make sure everyone gets the Triumph. Skolas is nice because I can carry super hard so the requirements for people joining can be super loose. Once you've done the PoE 35 a few times it's pretty straight forward.

I saw the sniping pro time a while back. Well done!

I'm guessing the VoG group either beat it or disbanded since it's been awhile from when I posted back to them. I'm gonna grab a little food real quick then I'll be up for whatever.

He just got his HORI today after he ran his trials so he hasn't tested it out yet. At least as of around 6 hours ago.

Ah I see. I'm curious as to people's thoughts. It looks interesting but I'm not sure if I'd like it being wired, having asymmetrical sticks (I'd get used to it in a day), or triggers which seem more like buttons.

Raybunny

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I can't decide what I would map to the paddles so I'd have to get the EMR stuff and try a few things. I know WishYouLuckk does slide and change weapon onto the paddles which makes sense, and I'd be tempted to use one paddle for melee just to get it off R3 while using Jumper. I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still accidentally press the right stick during sweaty moments and really screw myself.

Thanks dude! I'm trying. Still a few weeks left to make sure everyone gets the Triumph. Skolas is nice because I can carry super hard so the requirements for people joining can be super loose. Once you've done the PoE 35 a few times it's pretty straight forward.

I'm guessing the VoG group either beat it or disbanded since it's been awhile from when I posted back to them. I'm gonna grab a little food real quick then I'll be up for whatever.

Sounds perfect. I am just doing VIP patrols in the cosmodore. Invite me if you feel like doing some PVP.

Spoo

Well, after today both my friend and I just need to do PoE 35, and 2 world events to get our triumphs. Been a long road :| (lies, it's been a few weeks since we came back into the game, but the stuff we've done in these last few weeks feels pretty huge)

FyreWulff

When you're waiting for the Wolves in Skywatch.

Then the war breaks out.

Then the wolves show up during the war.

Then Urzok is like 'i heard there was a fight'

revive and crouch so you can do both without moving your fingers.

if you claw and try to revive you can accidentally bump the options button.

Now there's the added bonus of grinding grimiore till 3000 for elite status or something, bungie sure is coming up with ways to keep many busy till TTK.

I'll be back home in about a week. One last gaf meetup coming up in few days, you'll especially like this one ;)

Sent you a message on PSN if you want to do another Skolas. Still need the triumph.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The Hori pad is just like the XB1 pad. If you like that you'll love it. Hori makes great stuff in general. They made the two greatest sticks on the planet.

I don't think I would be playing Destiny if it didn't have rpg elements and co-op stuff. If it were barebones like Halo I'd stay away for the most part. And a big reason why people won't touch it is because they are intimidated by the stuff that makes it good.
As great as this community is same thing couldn't be said about a lot places out there with much louder voices.

Now there's the added bonus of grinding grimiore till 3000 for elite status or something, bungie sure is coming up with ways to keep many busy till TTK.

I'll be back home in about a week. One last gaf meetup coming up in few days, you'll especially like this one ;)

You need at least 3k for elite?

You aren't allowed to play Trials yet, you have to grind Rumble wins for me! Kappa

But seriously I thought you didn't have PS+? I'd love to have help in Trials whenever possible. There are a lot of people asking and I'm just not good enough without a strong 3rd.

Ah, thanks again, and sorry, I didn't mean to pester you too much. I've been trying hard with as many people as I can find and the best we've gotten is 4 - 3(4). It's hard to get practice in because of lack of matchmaking and the reality is that ToO is really competitive and my skills aren't up to snuff yet. I haven't gotten a good shotgun yet, but I maxed my sniper and Chest of Alpha Lupi and a Last Word, but I need more practice with it.

Yeah, like we were talking about the other day you have the right attitude to want to learn and get better, which is all it takes plus lots and lots and lots of practice :p

Trials is tough because the skill ceiling is so high for "normal" or newer PvP players. If the other teams are too far above your teams' average skill level there isn't much learning you can do, it will just be a massacre. Just keep working at it and things will come together, seems like you've already made a lot of progress in the short time since starting Trials.

edit: also, don't ever worry about pestering me too much. I'm always happy to help when I can :)

You aren't allowed to play Trials yet, you have to grind Rumble wins for me! Kappa

But seriously I thought you didn't have PS+? I'd love to have help in Trials whenever possible. There are a lot of people asking and I'm just not good enough without a strong 3rd.

i don't and probably wont until sometime next week. but i have some free time and a computer now so i should be able to

I don't think I would be playing Destiny if it didn't have rpg elements and co-op stuff. If it were barebones like Halo I'd stay away for the most part. And a big reason why people won't touch it is because they are intimidated by the stuff that makes it good.
As great as this community is same thing couldn't be said about a lot places out there with much louder voices.

Community is what keeps us playing. Hoping that bungie will give a little bit more attention to DGAF in the future.

You need at least 3k for elite?

Yeah that's what the email I got from bungie said.

COMPLETE YOUR PREPARATION

Triumphs complete and Founder's Fortune secured? Ensure instant access to the Vanguard's revamped weaponry in the Taken King by achieving Vanguard Reputation Rank 3. Discover every secret the first year of Destiny has to offer by raising your Grimoire score. Can you join the elite Guardians and achieve a Grimoire score of 3000 or greater?

- Loading in
- 'enemy controls all zones'

fu5eM4J.gif

Heavy ammo inbound. Spawn in, take rocket to face

Anybody else's destiny report says "this guardian doesn't need cheap tricks'?

Yep, though nothing manacles should be classed as one though, they are nasty

Skolas is dead! All triumphs done! Didn't get an elder cipher quest but I'm just glad Skolas is dead.

Congrats, now never speak of him again

What happened to Unstable, he's still fixing his desk? :p

He mostly spends his time spamming twitch streams now

I'll be up for helping people get there Crota triumph or flawless today

Pat_DC

Yeah that's what the email I got from bungie said.

I don't think it ties into any rewards as it was in it's own section separate from the vip awards and become legend achievements check-list.
More like bragging rights of I'm 3lite and have a grimore of 3000+ and something to give people who have done everything else something to aim for.

I don't think it ties into any rewards as it was in it's own section separate from the vip awards and become legend achievements check-list.
More like bragging rights of I'm 3lite and have a grimore of 3000+ and something to give people who have done everything else something to aim for.

It clearly says discover secrets from year one for "elite" guardians :p

SECURE THE FOUNDER'S FORTUNE

How better to commemorate those Guardians that joined the fight in Year One than with a stack of VIP Rewards? Destiny players who have reached Light Level 30 by August 31 will receive an exclusive Founder's Fortune Emblem, Sparrow, Armor shader, and more with their purchase of The Taken King.

Wonder when we'll find out what "and more" is alluding to. Maybe they're just referring to the rest of the TTK base content.

Why do I have 3 special deliveries in my inventory? :v

I got mine but im guessing they go to the kiosk when ttk drops as i just clicked them and nothing.

Edit:ive gotten the reward for email thing is this a second round and why did 3 not give me anything:/

Jinjo

So, I preordered Taken King yesterday after I told myself earlier I'd wait. Dammit Bungie, you got me by the balls. Looking forward to playing with you guys again come september!

i ordered one as well. looks like a good primary gamepad for Destiny. i discovered that my second DS4 right trigger is not as responsive as the left trigger now. i blame that on using HCs in Destiny. too much shooty wearing it down.

I was thinking about ordering one myself. Where did you order from?

Kyoufu

Played against you yesterday, you're skilled with the sniper rifle, congrats :)

Oh we played against each other? :O

I'm not skilled with snipers, haha. At least not yet. I've always hated sniping in every FPS I've played. Seems fun in Destiny for some reason though.

Top Bottom