• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

border

How much damage does Shadow Shot do? I thought it was just supposed to be a movement inhibitor, but at least in PVP it looks like it is a one-shot kill.

ocean

Banned
I'm out, this commentary killed the stream for me.

That said, I'm liking what appears to be slower time to kill across the board with these guns. Hope all the year 1 stuff gets nerfed to hell and back so that Crucible matches play out like these.

daedalius

That said, I'm liking what appears to be slower time to kill across the board with these guns. Hope all the year 1 stuff gets nerfed to hell and back so that Crucible matches play out like these.

Yea this looks way better than TLWs and thorns everywhere, but I have doubts they can nerf them enough (or even want to) to keep people from using them always in pvp

Yea this looks way better than TLWs and thorns everywhere, but I have doubts they can nerf them enough (or even want to) to keep people from using them always in pvp

Thorn will probably still be viable as will Hawkmoon, TLW is to be determined

Its still normal crucible the proof will be in Iron Banner and Trials

The only reason the kill time is so slow is because they're all forced to use the same set of weapons, like Halo. Watching the stream makes me wish it was like this from the start, where they just gave us all a set of weapons instead of allowing people to bring weapons from PvE. It won't be like this once TTK comes out and people start leaning towards weapons with the fastest kill time like Thorn. Also wouldn't mind a specific playlist where we're bounded by the same weapons.

KxoZz

Did you play Hunter? I heard that wasn't very good either. Looks like its going to be about flaming hammers

I did. Seemed meh also since it's hard to hit anyone with the arrow and the even if you get tethered, it's easy to just kill the hunter that just used his super. It's a support class though and since not all the perks were unlocked it's hard to say.

noomi

Heading back home for trails and my platinum trophy in a bit but wanted to show this off :D

Hey ruthless, look what I got ;)

JurrzI7.jpg

Deku Tree

All of these games are very low scoring. What is the game ending score 15K?

Is it only rotating between 2 or 3 people? Or is that just me

Seems like it. They focus on TripleWreck and if he goes down they switch to Datto. And then they sometimes briefly sub in a third camera... Usually Flamesword. They even skipped showing most of the spark ignite scores because Triple wasn't carrying the spark.

ocean

Banned
Really not liking the whole "you die with the spark and it needs to respawn"

It should just drop like a neutral bomb
That would encourage camping. Let the other team run the Spark close to its destination then team shot grab it and you're right next to the cap. This system makes letting the other grab spark a huge risk vs. the making it the better strat.

daedalius

That would encourage camping. Let the other team run the Spark close to its destination then team shot grab it and you're right next to the cap. This system makes letting the other grab spark a huge risk vs. the making it the better strat.

I mean, that's how it's always worked in neutral bomb; seems to work out there.

Just weren't very many clutch plays it seemed involving scoring the spark... It was mostly deathmatch

Tecnniqe

Banned
Mayhem Clash will be interesting.
Hope we can see some other peoples PoV this time

Well it could drop with like 2-5 sec pickup timer before reset.

Edit: "Only 2 rockets Bungie please"

ahahaha

Zemm

So after borrowing this game from a friend to see if I like it, getting to level 13, I've ended up buying the taken king digital collectors edition from the US store, works out at about £50 which is quite good.

What's surprised me the most about this game is just how good the soundtrack is. The tracks and the timing of it kicking in is amazing, one of the best I've heard.

ocean

Banned
I mean, that's how it's always worked in neutral bomb; seems to work out there.

Just weren't very many clutch plays it seemed involving scoring the spark... It was mostly deathmatch
I kind of like this system because it really encourages contesting the Sparknti begin with, and offers zero reward for letting the opponent team move it closer to the point. This way tension is more evenly distributed throughout the engagement as opposed to it being a game of extremes where all the action is either at initial spawn or at final destination. I feel it makes coordination and team communication that much more important when the active field of the objective isn't one of two static points.

What's surprised me the most about this game is just how good the soundtrack is. The tracks and the timing of it kicking in is amazing, one of the best I've heard.

Have you tried the House of Devils strike in earth yet? (Sepiks Prime) The music track with chorus that sounds there is amazing. It probably sounds in the story missions too, but I have it recorded in my brain from running the strike over and over

well, mostly anything, I guess. I could try some PvP fun since In eight days I will probably stop playing when vacations are over, but I won't be a lot of help in serious stuff due to my scrubiness. at least I have a helmet with faster revival now. Only problem is the electrical storm... I hope nothing bad happens today.

Zemm

Have you tried the House of Devils strike in earth yet? (Sepiks Prime) The music track with chorus that sounds there is amazing. It probably sounds in the story missions too, but I have it recorded in my brain from running the strike over and over

I just listened to it on YouTube and yep that one is great. What made me make that post was going to Mars for the first time and running into the Cabal with this song playing. Was genuinely wowed which doesn't happen often for me with gaming.

https://youtu.be/XB9ZLvGi16c

Top Bottom