• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Ok, I'm ready. No plan, if you just need one person for whatever (daily, weekly, PoE32 (I'm unsure about having gear good enough for 34)), hunting Urzok, I have 90 minutes available.

PSN - Figaliz

R0ckman

Me and one of my local buds will be jumping back in when TTK hits, unfortunately my other friend has actually been driven completely insane from Destiny and refuses to play it ever again, despite the fact that TTK literally fixed all of the issues he had with the game, hearing about it makes only him angrier. Ironically we just finished with the FF14 expansion he convinced us to buy and it ended up being new areas mainly filled with nothing but areas to fly around in. Whatever the case Destiny, MMOs and modern day gaming practices have led him down a questionable path in his gaming career where he does nothing but play PC games and plays the old school classics. He has left a slot open in our staple fire-team grinds

And on that note we'll always have a spot open for GAF members to jump in, missions strikes pvp, always open, PS4 arekkusu77, hunter and sometimes warlock, my friend is a warlock. Friends with much of the community already I'm sure but since this may be bringing new people in I figured I'd share my PSN user with newcomers.

LTWood12

Friend of DGAF T-44 became legend Thursday night! Thanks to everyone here, and the members of Sexy who helped!

yO5NlG0.jpg

Edit: his first platinum!

noomi

Guys.... GUYS.... HEY YOU GUISE!

It's been a long time coming! Finished a story mission and the XP was enough to fill out my warlock subclass... and BAM! Guardian Lord.

Mr. lnkn, I would love to be on that list now please :)

Kukawaki

Guys.... GUYS.... HEY YOU GUISE!

It's been a long time coming! Finished a story mission and the XP was enough to fill out my warlock subclass... and BAM! Guardian Lord.

Mr. lnkn, I would love to be on that list now please :)

Congratz! Same day GLords :)

Jofamo

Hey DestinyGAF!

I've been playing since May, and despite subscribing to these threads haven't made a post here yet!

I'm JofamoPS (PSN), I run a 34 Titan and I'm glued to this game.

So far I've been through and done just about everything there is to do in year one, with just one exception. I've never gone flawless in Trials.

I've tried many weeks, always relying on teams met through Reddit or LFG. But so far, the best I have managed to muster was a frustrating 8-1.

I'm not terrible at Trials, but obviously not great enough either. My KD is sitting at around 1.0.

But I was wondering if any strong Guardians would be willing to run through a few games with me? I'm a good team player and I'll follow all good advice! I'm desperate to mark this off my checklist before Taken King Drops.

Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to help!

LTWood12

Hey DestinyGAF!

I've been playing since May, and despite subscribing to these threads haven't made a post here yet!

So far I've been through and done just about everything there is to do in year one, with just one exception. I've never gone flawless in Trials.

I've tried many weeks, always relying on teams met through Reddit or LFG. But so far, the best I have managed to muster was a frustrating 8-1.

I'm not terrible at Trials, but obviously not great enough either. My KD is sitting at around 1.0.

But I was wondering if any strong Guardians would be willing to run through a few games with me? I'm a good team player and I'll follow all good advice! I'm desperate to mark this off my checklist before Taken King Drops.

Welcome!

Hey DestinyGAF!

Yesterday was really sweaty for me. I'm down to help you try! I'll ask Slammin if he'd be down to try to take you to the promised land!

Also, welcome! Feel free to post in here more often :p

Question:

About gear requirements for PoE 34. I'm still 33, and although I suppose that it not a big deal for a few more defense points, having fully upgraded weapons are vital?

I'm still fighting to have that Horn fully upgraded, while trying to learn how to play with handcannons and a semi decent Fulcrum.

Doing the daily heroic if anybody wants to join.

Jofamo

Yesterday was really sweaty for me. I'm down to help you try! I'll ask Slammin if he'd be down to try to take you to the promised land!

Also, welcome! Feel free to post in here more often :p

Man! DestinyGAF is so kind :). I've applied to join the DestinyGAF clan too, haven't even explored the clan side of the game yet.

I'm available to play anytime in the next 6-7 hours or so, so if you're able to pull this off just hit me up with a friend request on PSN! Thanks!

Mindlog

Hrm. Don't really need mores, coins, weapon parts or class armor components. Do I do it? Do I hedge the Cryptarch and start throwing away engrams that are useless anyway?

Question:

About gear requirements for PoE 34. I'm still 33, and although I suppose that it not a big deal for a few more defense points, having fully upgraded weapons are vital?

I'm still fighting to have that Horn fully upgraded, while trying to learn how to play with handcannons and a semi decent Fulcrum.

Doing the daily heroic if anybody wants to join.

Week 1 we were running the 34 as 33s. It is doable. Especially this weeks. It will be easier if two 34s run with you.

Anyone running VoG Hard or Crota Normal? Trying to knock out those Triumphs before TTK

Or if anyone wants to help a Trials virgin get to 5 wins for those boots, that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Question:

If you have 2 others that are 34, it won't be a problem. Even 3x 33 can get the job done but it takes a little more effort but either scenarios can work. Anytime you're 1 level lower, you'll do 33% less damage and I believe take 33% more damage as well. A maxed ghorn always helps but isn't required. As long as you can clear the objective then worry about the ADS after.

Gulrot, the boss, is the easiest imo since he just slows you down.

Congrats to T-44 and Noomi! That GLord list is getting pretty insane.

Congrats! Another year one triumph! Smooth run 1:06 with one wipe on the VIP one. Skolas was cake as usual!

Nice, thanks for helping w this one. I tried to get Super in a run the other night but timing didn't work out because I was still finishing another run.

Btw I realized the main reason I like other modifier weeks better: without small arms, I can personally do more damage to Skolas. It's just more of the PoE35 I can carry when newbies don't have optimal weapons, or not leveled up etc. Honestly I don't notice a huge difference in add control w/o small arms.

Rahvar

Me and another Gaffer are at Skolas for the first time, we had anither noob Gaffer with us but he had to leave. Anyone feel like carrying us through this? :p

PSN Thaennon

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm not usually one to care about such things but playing them back to back it is surprisingly noticeable!

All multiplatform games I play on the PC because of that. 60fps or bust. Better looking is icing.

Anybody up for more trials, strikes, salvage, skirmish?

ocean

Banned
Question:

Being a level below implies more than just a few defense points. You do a third less damage to enemies, and take about a third more.

That said, it's totally doable. The vast majority of us did Itay HoW launch with a 33 and 331 weapons except for maybe an ascended Exotic. Just be more careful.

So you go in prepared, this is the setup for this week's 34, courtesy of Reddit;

1 Vex No Objective Airborne - Players deal more damage while in the air.
2 Hive Eliminate the Target Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
3 Vex No Objective Void Burn - Void Damage from any source is greatly increased.
4 Hive Destroy Mines Angry - Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage.
5 Hive Kill The Boss - Gulrot Exposure - Guardian shields are increased but do not replenish.

If your Gjallarhorn already has Wolfpack Rounds you're good to go. Shotguns are also key when you engage Majors. And of course, remember to pack ammo synth :p

Ok. I may have said that Destiny PvP is the worst in the past but after now playing BO3 i take that back.

I've watched a few streams and it looks terrible to me but I don't play CoD. I just hate the constant insta-gib clusterfuckery, doesn't seem very strategic although I'm sure there're a lot of details I don't know.

Me and another Gaffer are at Skolas for the first time, we had anither noob Gaffer with us but he had to leave. Anyone feel like carrying us through this? :p

PSN Thaennon

I don't need loot so if anyone looking for loot wants to hop in that's cool. If not I can join in a minute and help, what classes are you two?

Top Bottom