• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Technically it's time according to Aussie timezone, but I'm sill in Germany!

Will be in the air when it happens. Should I get drunk on the flight?

Oh yeah if you haven't guessed it yet, it's that time of the year for me....

ocean

Banned
Tuned back in.
Deej acting surprised at what a Merciless medal is.
Can't even.

Zoba volunteer for commentary on their next event pls :p

todd360

We ran into 80% players there. No shame in losing.

They didn't even seem that good. They were hiding together in the back most of the time. Not having any rewards I need from mercury makes me play bad. I go into doesn't matter if we win or lose mode like in crucible.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Tuned back in.
Deej surprised at what a Merciless medal is.
Can't even.

Zoba volunteer for commentary on their next event pls :p

We all know Deej dont play Destiny.
As proven by every showcasing involving him and his character :)
Even i got more items than him and i started a month or two ago :p

ocean

Banned
To be clear I'm fairly sure he knows what it is and was just acting surprised for the viewers. But honestly who do they think the viewers are.

In all seriousness, commentary doesn't require a top player or anything like that but certainly someone who's familiar with the competitive scene, the strats and small things like crouching to see around a corner :p

todd360

We all know Deej dont play Destiny.
As proven by every showcasing involving him and his character :)
Even i got more items than him and i started a month or two ago :p

He doesn't know very much about destiny. I always wonder why he was chosen for this job. Maybe he's really good at other aspects of the job?

ethomaz

Banned
Tuning my PS4 on now...

Open for everything Destiny related (maybe some CoD Beta too).

What I missed about TTK in these two weeks?

PS. Zobaaaaaaaaaaaaa is back.

ocean

Banned
He doesn't know very much about destiny. I always wonder why he was chosen for this job. Maybe he's really good at other aspects of the job?
That's not really fair. It's impossible to evaluate his knowledge of the game - which I'm pretty sure is equivalent to ours at the very least. Impossible because he never addresses us directly to discuss the game at the level of detail we do.

It's his job to throw the widest net possible and talk to us, to the people who quit a year ago, to the people who started last week and to the people thinking of buying in 3 weeks from now.

In an ideal world each of these audiences would have a dedicated channel for communication but that's just not feasible. So basically you have to play a part - not Deej the dude or the player, but the representative of an extremely complicated and poorly explained game to a super heterogeneous audience.

End result is probably that casuals are still confused and vets nitpick until they find something that wasn't specifically addressed or potentially incoherent with a certain interpretation of something else. But it's still the natural thing to attempt in this situation.

I don't think he's particularly well suited to be commentator on a PvP tourney but that reflects nothing about what his actual job is, or what his talent in the game might be.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They didn't even seem that good. They were hiding together in the back most of the time. Not having any rewards I need from mercury makes me play bad. I go into doesn't matter if we win or lose mode like in crucible.

Yeah. And of course final round. Can't wait till it gets the nerf.

ocean

Banned
Do you get wins towards your Elimination Grimoire card in Trials even if you lose? I have way way more wins than I should.
I think it counts each round for that card. So one match could have 5 wins for ex. I got the 100 wins on the first weekend which honestly lol no way.

todd360

That's not really fair. It's impossible to evaluate his knowledge of the game - which I'm pretty sure is equivalent to ours at the very least. Impossible because he never addresses us directly to discuss the game at the level of detail we do.

It's his job to throw the widest net possible and talk to us, to the people who quit a year ago, to the people who started last week and to the people thinking of buying in 3 weeks from now.

In an ideal world each of these audiences would have a dedicated channel for communication but that's just not feasible. So basically you have to play a part - not Deej the dude or the player, but the representative of an extremely complicated and poorly explained game to a super heterogeneous audience.

End result is probably that casuals are still confused and vets nitpick until they find something that wasn't specifically addressed or potentially incoherent with a certain interpretation of something else. But it's still the natural thing to attempt in this situation.

I don't think he's particularly well suited to be commentator on a PvP tourney but that reflects nothing about what his actual job is, or what his talent in the game might be.

Deej defense force reporting in ;)

R0ckman

Have only beaten Crota hard once since DB realised and quit DB because it was so buggy earlier, how likely is it that I get the Crux?

Have only beaten Crota hard once since DB realised and quit DB because it was so buggy earlier, how likely is it that I get the Crux?

I have A LOT of hard mode completions and I've only had the crux drop one time, and it was recently, after trying to get it forever.

Then again, you sometimes have people getting it on their very first run....who knows.

MrDaravon

I think it counts each round for that card. So one match could have 5 wins for ex. I got the 100 wins on the first weekend which honestly lol no way.

Ah okay. The Grimoire bullshit makes no sense; I still can't get the Doubles or Salvage cards to even trigger at all (I even have wins in Salvage) but then shit like that works. Nonsense.

ocean

Banned
Ah okay. The Grimoire bullshit makes no sense; I still can't get the Doubles or Salvage cards to even trigger at all (I even have wins in Salvage) but then shit like that works. Nonsense.
Then there's stuff like:

- Strikes from a Vanguard Playlist (like Dragon or ROC Strikes) don't count towards completion. You need to select the low level strike directly from the planet for it to count. However...
- It will count for 3 of you finish thebStrine with a full team (even if they're randoms)
- Yellow bar enemies don't count. So farming Ogre kills for Grimoire requires finding red-bar ones, for instance.
- I got Kills as a Warlock points before I even made a Warlock. Why? Because I stood next to Warlocks getting kills at one point or another.

The implementation of these things is completely bonkers :p

R0ckman

I have A LOT of hard mode completions and I've only had the crux drop one time, and it was recently, after trying to get it forever.

Then again, you sometimes have people getting it on their very first run....who knows.

Oh god, screw it. I'll just continue to move on.

ocean

Banned
The last one and 1 points per player on strikes is fair I guess.

Kills only from red and the limitation in strikes are dumb choices.
I've talked about this with Drizz and we both sort of feel these aren't choices so much as oversights. Like it just shipped like that and has never seemed important enough to go back and fix.

Top Bottom