• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Yeah i am seriously interested in hownthe light curve is going to hash out

Its going to effect and change everything

For the better IMO. This game has been missing a legitimate min/maxing grind. And now we have more elaborate builds with armor that affects how we react to elemental types.

What say the naysayers now?

Anyone up for PoE 32? With the caveat that I kinda suck at it? :)

I've got enough time to run one with my Warlock before wife enrage engages.

PSN: chae3001

You mean its so Twitch. the thread looks like what happens when grade schoolers lrarn a naughty word for the first time and run around the playground seeing who can yell it loudest without getting in trouble.

My friends and I used to play this game in the back of class where you would choose a dirty word and then go in a circle with each person saying the word louder than the previous person.

We were so young back then. Seems like it was just last month, but it wasn't, it was March.

Just kidding, it was like 2 decades ago.

rNilla

My friends and I used to play this game in the back of class where you would choose a dirty word and then go in a circle with each person saying the word louder than the previous person.

We were so young back then. Seems like it was just last month, but it wasn't, it was March.

Just kidding, it was like 2 decades ago.
Were you in the Pen 15 club?

Yes, and some ponchos with Sombreros.

giphy-1.gif

lt519

Btw I realized the main reason I like other modifier weeks better: without small arms, I can personally do more damage to Skolas. It's just more of the PoE35 I can carry when newbies don't have optimal weapons, or not leveled up etc. Honestly I don't notice a huge difference in add control w/o small arms.

I'm so ass backwards. On this modifier I use rockets to damagae Skolas because I can handle the adds mostly myself with a fatebringer. Without small arms I find I can't play mop up duty as well and tend to save my rockets for adds and then Snipe Skolas which is sub optimal. But for me its always clearing adds first and foremost to be on the safe side. So getting to use rockets on Skolas, even at lesser damage seems to make the fight faster.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I really regret not getting the horn when Xur was selling it last week. Just shitty timing, needed some coins to get it, but then family emergency came up couldn't play that last weekend and Bungie ended up sending 9 coins this week instead of last week when Xur had Gjallerhorn on sale.

At least I got Thunderlord this week but it feels like consolation prize after last week lol.

Sorry, Sushi. I would love to go and keep raiding with you guys but I need a break. I hope you understand.
No problem! Thanks for Crota.

Oh sorry unstable. i hadn't been reading the thread carefully and assumed it was him since your psn was water related. But thank you.

Does that mean Sushi has a spot open? :D
I'm full right now. I think rene wanted to do another run after this. I might run another for the hell of it. Can join us then if you're still up for it then.

Is being seasoned absolutely necessary? I downed him a few days ago for the first time, but I understand how the encounter works and stuff.

Seasoned is definitely not required, I've done several double newbie Skolas kills before or one newbie and one newish. I only mentioned it because our newbie that run was a Lv33 w no mic... But then we beat the PoE35 in 55 min w no wipes haha.

I guess I have to abandon any and all requirements for Skolas school now. Still haven't done it w a Lv32 but I'm sure it's possible if they run Sunsinger.

Tempted to get a Scuf controller. Can anyone here comment on how useful it is and how the build quality is?

Wallach just got one and posted very positive first impressions, too early to comment on build quality.

I'll probably buy one tonight. Destiny is a very cheap hobby so $160 for a controller isn't as crazy to me as it might sound.

Ghazi

Anyone doing HM VoG? Just moved over from bone to 4 and I'm 29 in need of better gear.

i can't decide between sticking to gunslinger, trying to learn nightstalker, or switching over to sunbreaker.

decisions...

Sunbreaker looks like Bladedancer with ranged attacks along with buffs on kills, which puts it on steroids. I know what I'm choosing.

Unstable

Wallach just got one and posted very positive first impressions, too early to comment on build quality.

I'll probably buy one tonight. Destiny is a very cheap hobby so $160 for a controller isn't as crazy to me as it might sound.
While I understand your logic. Your still buying a DS4. Specifically a DS4 that's been torn apart and modded for extra function, but it's a DS4 none the less, and all the build quality problems still come with it.

I haven't killed him before, but I hit the second part of the requirements.

PSN: bgbball

I think I've done... 5 Skolases today so I'm a little burned out, haha. Getting some dinner now, might be back later if you're still looking to do it.

i can't decide between sticking to gunslinger, trying to learn nightstalker, or switching over to sunbreaker.

decisions...

Correct answer is (D) Bladedancer

Honestly variety is spice of life, I'm just excited to try out new stuff. Initial impressions sound like Nightstalker and StormCaller are weak but Sunbreaker might have a chance to elevate Titans.

While I understand your logic. Your still buying a DS4. Specifically a DS4 that's been torn apart and modded for extra function, but it's a DS4 none the less, and all the build quality problems still come with it.

Hmm yeah good point about the build quality. I'll have to think about it some more.

DjRalford

After watching the lightning super i gotta roll a warlock when TTK drops, running round mayhem like the emperor shouting.

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.I"

All the time hoping Thor doesn't bash me with his solar hammer

Unstable

I'm going to make a sidenote here:

Fuckin' PS4 controllers fall apart so fast omg
Ding Ding Ding! Correct! I'm now officially on my 8th PS4 controller (if you count the Hori Pad I just bought) That's a PS4 worth of Dualshock 4s! (plus full retail priced game, and 6 month worth of PlayStation plus!)

The rest are dead in various ways. Sticks falling apart, face buttons sticking to the point of randomly switching my weapon or reloading, same deal with R1/L1, but I've always dealt with it, until they eventually kick the bucket in the same exact way. The trigger spring breaks.

If I haven't made myself clear.

I
Hate
This
Fucking
Controller

Should I roll Titan or hunter when TTK drops? I've already decided on New Monarchy.
Please, why is this even a question.

Top Bottom