• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

X-Frame

Rumble is weird to me because I always play 'smart' and build a decent K/D.
Then I remember it's Rumble and I go hyper aggressive to win near the end of the match, but still maintain a nice K/D.
I always forget that I can get a good K/D while playing aggressive and revert to a 'smart' playstyle.

I'd go for Rumble Grimoire, but since it means nothing I'd rather not play it anymore. After a brief period of intense Crucible I'm just playing it now to edge my rep.

This may be way Rumble is my "best" mode -- because I am always aggressive. More often than not most people are playing cautiously, so a Titan flying at them is probably the last thing they expect. My highest KDR is in Rumble as well according to Destiny Tracker and with a 72% W/L, which surprised me.

Maybe I should just stay in Rumble.

Mindlog

My problem is I don't play aggressive enough. Unless guys keep running at me, I usually finish 2nd or 3rd with a good k/d.
That's exactly what it is.
Playing 'smart' is not giving up your firing line because you have an advantage and may as well use it.
Playing aggressive is giving up your advantage and challenging the sniper you know is already camping the lane.
This may be way Rumble is my "best" mode -- because I am always aggressive. More often than not most people are playing cautiously, so a Titan flying at them is probably the last thing they expect. My highest KDR is in Rumble as well according to Destiny Tracker and with a 72% W/L, which surprised me.

Maybe I should just stay in Rumble.
I foresee this being the case for me when I go Sunbreaker and Titan has the best mobility in the game.
Right now people playing aggressively most often means they're floating slowly towards me and I have to kill them before they are in Matador Sniper range.

Ji66a-Man

I'm sure I've put more hours onto my controllers than almost everyone here. At least Jigga Man splits his hours between X1 and DS4 controllers.

I'm still using my launch X1 controller, but RIP to my launch DS4 controller. I'll never forget when the L3 button died on me while trying to run the sword.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Woo, beat VoG for the first time, and on HM at that! :O

Thanks to Sentient, OkayRene and the others in that party for carrying me :p

No. I was implying that you were implying that it had potential for me to imply similar thoughts on the matter at hand.

tumblr_inline_mn0hkqef241qz4rgp.gif

Boguester I think we should do a Skolas speed run, you think by now we could knock it out in sub 35? Not sure what the minimum is with wait times, etc, but I'd love to try a super aggressive PoE 35 at some point.

I'd definitely be up for this some week when it's Juggler+Brawler. The fastest I've done w normal runs is 42 min (not newbies but also not trying for speed). The big issue is all the built-in wait time, not just between rounds in the airlock but between waves and between objectives spawning. You'd want to make sure everything was dead by the time all mines dismantled in round 3, for example.

Round 2 would be interesting, how much risk you could take w jump-shot gunning the Major Hobgoblins to clear adds quickly relative to mine destruction. And I'm curious what the fastest DPS primary for Pilot Servitor would be, definitely need at least two Titans for bubble trains and Weapons of Light. Probably worth spamming GHorn to get Pilot down faster, although synth cool downs would be tricky to manage.

Anyway, fun to think about! Let's give it a whirl sometime.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nightstalker might be crazy all around in PvP and is the class I'm looking forward to playing the most, but in terms of just supers Sunbreaker and Stormcaller look craaaaazily OP to me

Sofa King

Finally got flawless raider checked off. Now all I need is raiding party and year 1 is done. Need to get this done before heading off for PAX.

ocean

Banned
Nightstalker might be crazy all around in PvP and is the class I'm looking forward to playing the most, but in terms of just supers Sunbreaker and Stormcaller look craaaaazily OP to me
Without an armor buff and with sonewhat limited range they seem very vulnerable to being team shot. Close range it does seem hard to escape. It has this crazy lock in that follows you vertically as far as it does in horizontal space so jumping won't save you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Without an armor buff and with sonewhat limited range they seem very vulnerable to being team shot. Close range it does seem hard to escape. It has this crazy lock in that follows you vertically as far as it does in horizontal space so jumping won't save you.
Which are you talking about?

ocean

Banned
I'd definitely be up for this some week when it's Juggler+Brawler. The fastest I've done w normal runs is 42 min (not newbies but also not trying for speed). The big issue is all the built-in wait time, not just between rounds in the airlock but between waves and between objectives spawning. You'd want to make sure everything was dead by the time all mines dismantled in round 3, for example.

Round 2 would be interesting, how much risk you could take w jump-shot gunning the Major Hobgoblins to clear adds quickly relative to mine destruction. And I'm curious what the fastest DPS primary for Pilot Servitor would be, definitely need at least two Titans for bubble trains and Weapons of Light. Probably worth spamming GHorn to get Pilot down faster, although synth cool downs would be tricky to manage.

Anyway, fun to think about! Let's give it a whirl sometime.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IO-vVz9LasXwh_KhBh6V_0KWbBS5cQAXJSRN8_8nFmQ/htmlview#

That's the most in-depth PvE DPS weapon database I'm aware of.

Which are you talking about?
Oh sorry I meant Stormcaller

The 1st Gen ps4 controllers are crap and so are the 1st Gen xb1 controllers.

My 1st Gen / day 1 ps4 controller peeled. Both of my 1st Gen xbox 1 controllers, I can press the 2 halves together which is really annoying. My newer one is better quality (but the sensitivity is higher haha)

darknil

So I was thinking, I'm going to start a new Titan with TTK, I have a couple of exotics for it waiting
and all the legendaries that I'm going to shard

I haven't done the daily in ages, so I've forgot the majority of the vanilla content, what would you do? start, level to 25 and then story on hard, right?

I'm curious how much will change on how the story is perceived with the new order and questification (?)

Top Bottom