• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Namikaze1

I still don't understand what made you mad unless I actually hit a sore spot. I'd apologise, but you told me not to.

And for the record, the '2 hours of silence' was because I was busy playing Trials and not reading the thread. Stop arguing with me, but not actually talking to me on a public forum like a petulant child.
Insults? Really? You gonna stoop that low?

Look at it this way - Light Level is now technically "optional". The stats simply mean that going through a raid and getting nothing but the Shattered Vault Cloak wont be a complete waste of time anymore.

Didnt they say some activities werr going to be gated behind light level?

rNilla

tumblr_inline_mvyr07S3aJ1s2m7xu.gif

Daemul

No reason to use anything other than Blink Thorn and Shotgun. So boring to watch.

Can't wait till next month.

You and me both.

I've quite enjoyed watching War's stream when he's playing. Sunsinger, TLW, Sniper. Not that Sunsingers are any less bullshit than Bladedancers :p but TLW/Snipe is more fun to watch than Thorn/Shotty to me.

Whilst I agree that Blink,Thorn and Shotgun is a bullshit and boring combo and I'm looking forward to it being nerfed, these guys in the tourney turn it into an art form. There's shit that they do with that combo that I never could have imagined, the amount of creativity they have is off the charts.

We've hit the point in the back and forth where it's best to take it off the thread please.

Are there any seasoned Skolas killers who want to join a run now? Don't even have to be experienced as long as you're Lv34 w upgraded weapons.

Lima

Oh lol.

The Vision of Confluence fires faster on its own than with the turbo on the Hori pad.

Cause pretty much all games today have a maximum fire rate lock in place so rapid fire and turbo controllers are useless. Destiny goes even one step further and requires full trigger movement for most weapons to fire so trigger stops are useless also.

Unstable

We've hit the point in the back and forth where it's best to take it off the thread please.

Are there any seasoned Skolas killers who want to join a run now? Don't even have to be experienced as long as you're Lv34 w upgraded weapons.

I can hop in. Gotta be off in an hour or so though.

edit: beaten

Kalamari

Is being seasoned absolutely necessary? I downed him a few days ago for the first time, but I understand how the encounter works and stuff.

bgbball31

I haven't killed him before, but I hit the second part of the requirements.

PSN: bgbball

NeOak

Cause pretty much all games today have a maximum fire rate lock in place so rapid fire and turbo controllers are useless. Destiny goes even one step further and requires full trigger movement for most weapons to fire so trigger stops are useless also.

Nope, fixed it. Just had to increase the turbo rate. Now it fires a bit faster.

Daemul

Hopefully Faction class items are at max light. My Hunter has worn the FWC cloak exclusively since I got my Vanguard and Crucible to rank 3 and I won't be happy at all if I'm forced to wear something else just so that I'm not at a disadvantage when doing a Raid or something. Bungie making class items part of the light level equation boggles my mind to be honest.

Hopefully Faction class items are at max light. My Hunter has worn the FWC cloak exclusively since I got my Vanguard and Crucible to rank 3 and I won't be happy at all if I'm forced to wear something else just so that I'm not at a disadvantage when doing a Raid or something. Bungie making class items part of the light level equation boggles my mind to be honest.
Why would they do that? Existing ghost shells are starting out very low (3 light). They want you to upgrade to year two items.

Yeah but it's an average over 9 pieces.

If the other 8 are max Light losing a single slot to a low-Light class item won't bring you down much.

How is the math being calculated anyway? Is it just an average of all 9 items?

If so, if all of your armor, weapons and ghost shell are 190 and your class item is 160, your light level will be 186.

If your class item's defense is 1 and everything else is 190, your light level will be 169.

I'm not sure how they would calculate it if the class item has no value attached to it. If it is ignored when it is 0, then the light level shouldn't change.

Daemul

Why would they do that? Existing ghost shells are starting out very low (3 light). They want you to upgrade to year two items.

I don't have a problem with upgrading to year 2 items since they'll obviously be a Y2 version of the FWC cloak for my Hunter to wear, I just worry that it won't be a max light level item and we'll be forced to wear the Raid cloak or something if we don't want our light average to go down.

Unless there's an infusion option for Cloaks of course.

ocean

Banned
How is the math being calculated anyway? Is it just an average of all 9 items?

If so, if all of your armor, weapons and ghost shell are 190 and your class item is 160, your light level will be 186.

If your class item's defense is 1 and everything else is 190, your light level will be 169.

I'm not sure how they would calculate it if the class item has no value attached to it. If it is ignored when it is 0, then the light level shouldn't change.

Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being different but that's actually the way they described it on stream. They actually had a character with all pieces at some amount of light except for the Ghost, which was lower. I did the math and a straight up average should have made them 187 light, but they were actually 186. Probably some rounding error along the way or something but the math sort of checks out.

It'd just be a shame if all our old class items are stuck at literally zero Light though :p I mean a 0 can bring any average down by a chunk. They should give stuff like Raid and Trials class items the Year 1 Light cap weapons and armor get.

Top Bottom