• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

maomaoIYP

This may be way Rumble is my "best" mode -- because I am always aggressive. More often than not most people are playing cautiously, so a Titan flying at them is probably the last thing they expect. My highest KDR is in Rumble as well according to Destiny Tracker and with a 72% W/L, which surprised me.

Maybe I should just stay in Rumble.

72% W/L in rumble is incredibly impressive!!

GutZ31

Your estimation of it seemed solid, what I'm most worried about is the seeming range on the hammer throw for Sunbreaker...
What are you worried about exactly with the range?

The hammer has to hit something for the user to be able to attack again. The farther you throw the hammer, the longer it takes to get it back for the next attacking.
Or are you worried about something else?

The hammer has to hit something for the user to be able to attack again. The farther you throw the hammer, the longer it takes to get it back for the next attacking.

Can I kill someone on the opposite side of Skyshock with it? Asking for a friend.

ocean

Banned
Your estimation of it seemed solid, what I'm most worried about is the seeming range on the hammer throw for Sunbreaker...
For that Super to be remotely balanced the throwing hammer needs to either eat a chunk of the Super bar so they can't get 6 Golden Hammer kills or make the hitbox super narrow so it's not something you can spam like a rocket and actually have to aim.

2.0 can't come soon enough, I'm dying to try all this stuff out!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

it looks like it's a lot.

Tjamato88

If I buy the rocket launcher telemetry what's the best time to use it? I have 3 vanguard bounties waiting to be cashed in. So should I buy it before I do that?

lt519

Me please!
PSN: Revolutionary
Edit: got a maxed Gally

Revolutionary through Skolas! One wipe again at VIP round again, 1:05 this time with a first timer. Skolas was cake again, I think this can be done sub 45 easy.

Two elemental gets as well! Another Kell for me and a Solar Six Dreg with captain stun!

Just wanted to say thanks again to It519 and his friend for carrying me through Skolas tonight. You guys are awesome!

No problem man, you were rock solid, was like playing with a seasoned vet.

X-Frame

For that Super to be remotely balanced the throwing hammer needs to either eat a chunk of the Super bar so they can't get 6 Golden Hammer kills or make the hitbox super narrow so it's not something you can spam like a rocket and actually have to aim.

I don't know, looking at the skill-tree from the E3 build at least makes it seem like there are multiple ways to build Hammer of Sol for it to be devastating and last a long time.

Health regen, natively making it last longer and increase the hammer impact radius, homing hammers, creating DoT sunspots and gaining over shields when standing in them (e.g. throw a hammer, create a sunspot, jump down to the sunspot to gain an overshield then jump back up, throw another hammer, etc etc).

I'm very curious to see how much the builds have changed for release.

In the twitch stream today it seemed hitting someone with a hammer that's in the air is incredibly difficult.

Revolutionary through Skolas! One wipe again at VIP round again, 1:05 this time with a first timer. Skolas was cake again, I think this can be done sub 45 easy.

Two elemental gets as well! Another Kell for me and a Solar Six Dreg with captain stun!

Nicely done! I was shocked to get an elemental primary from all 3 of my first kills this week. I've seen an average close to one gun per kill, which is especially decent since I'm not getting drops from most of them.

Max in the buy sell thread sells subs for Live and PS+ on the cheaper. I usually wait and see if stores sells em cheap because it happens often.

i managed to find 12 months of Live for $31 on cdkeys.com, but their PS+ deals aren't as low. Hoping to find one online that cheap.

i'll keep an eye on the thread

GhaleonEB

Is it bad that I'm waiting for the 2.0 update before playing PVP again?

I'm pretty much waiting for TTK before playing Destiny again. :lol

I need Crucible wins for the Triumphs. I might ask for help next week, as I have two games played to date. (And a perfect 2-0 record, woo.)

lt519

Nicely done! I was shocked to get an elemental primary from all 3 of my first kills this week. I've seen an average close to one gun per kill, which is especially decent since I'm not getting drops from most of them.

There's a working theory that the longer you go without one the higher chance you have. I didn't start getting drops until 5 or so kills in and since then I've been about every third go at it maybe even every other. That's 6 now for me. That solar Six Dreg Pride is actually really useful.

But u guess if your newbies are getting then then that theory is moot lol

todd360

I need Crucible wins for the Triumphs. I might ask for help next week, as I have two games played to date. (And a perfect 2-0 record, woo.)

The man with the perfect record. A crucible god. God Ghaleon.

When i was checking some stats on some gaffers here i was actually legit amazed that you literally didn't exaggerate when you said that you haven't even touched the pvp in destiny. Like i would have thought you would have at least like 40 matches or so to give it a proper chance after 1000 hours or whatever but you really are a pve player at heart :p

I need to kill Skolas once (like he killed my fucking afternoon) and apparently also HM Crota before TTK. Anyone mind helping with any of the above? I do best when I'm bossed-around thoroughly so I'm happy to do what I'm told.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
i managed to find 12 months of Live for $31 on cdkeys.com, but their PS+ deals aren't as low. Hoping to find one online that cheap.

i'll keep an eye on the thread

Just keep an eye out when target, walmart, bestbuy, etc sells them cheap. Happens like half a dozen times a year.

Wait...WHAT!?

Does that mean you never tried trials yet? It's so much fun

I need to kill Skolas once (like he killed my fucking afternoon) and apparently also HM Crota before TTK. Anyone mind helping with any of the above? I do best when I'm bossed-around thoroughly so I'm happy to do what I'm told.

I hear kadey bosses a lot at other people while playing.

Wait...WHAT!?

Does that mean you never tried trials yet? It's so much fun

I've been playing regularly and I haven't played trials either. I have 0 real-life friends who play Destiny and y'all are so much better than me that I don't bother asking.

...I don't even have an elemental primary :-/

Got a spot open for a fresh PoE 34 for anybody willing to join.
PSN CamoKid42

I could use that. Can't be on mic much because my dogs start barking and my husband insists on sleeping on the couch near me but I can listen well.

Top Bottom