• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

X-Frame

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the breadth of changes this game is undergoing in a few weeks.

• The entire sandbox is being rebalanced. Literally every weapon anyone has had a problem with is being tweaked. They're even adjusting the classes - it's finally happening.
  • Every piece of content is being tied to Quests - something that barely exists in the game currently. It's going to radically change the way the original story is presented (or at least help it make sense).
  • The leveling system has been overhauled. Grinding 1-20 was tedious when you wanted to make an alt; however, there was a sense of progression that was lost when the game became about chasing marginally better pieces of gear. Now that anything contributes XP, it wont be a waste of time to hop into Patrol or Strikes to grind. Making an alt might not be tedious anymore because anything you do can level you up.
  • What will contribute to that enjoyment more than anything are the revisions they're making to some of the existing levels along with the shift in direction for the new ones. Strikes have objectives now and the new bosses don't appear to be giant stationary bullet sponges.
  • The stats on the gear are being reworked. We actually have builds now where we can pick up armor and specialize into certain elements. Every piece of gear now has meaning and its benefits are more accessible to players.
  • Collections completely change how players go about storing the items they value. It also encourages them to continue chasing new things.
  • The subtle UI changes like tracking bounties.
  • Gunsmith is no longer unemployed. Thanks Obama.

The way the game is played is becoming more profound, and that's just what's changing for the old stuff. The new stuff on top of that:

• New music, new cinematics, and maybe an actual story that will take more than 40 minutes to clear.
  • A new Vault of Glass like Raid for the community to discover all over again. The last Raid came out in December and really only frustrated players.
  • MOTHAFUCKIN' SWORDS!
  • New subclasses to learn, master and rage at in PvP
  • A bunch of new PvP maps and modes to lag on.
  • Emotes. 'nuff said.

whew.png

There's at least half a dozen more things I'm forgetting and that's just what we know. Destiny as we know it is about to become Destiny as we wanted to begin with. Maybe that doesn't excite people who were let down by the barebones launch, but to me it means the game is getting closer to Bungie's ambitious original vision.

I've only been overwhelmingly hyped for Destiny twice - the first time it was announced, and the moment the alpha downloaded onto my PS4.

This is the third time.

Hey Zoba, concerning what I bolded, where did you hear that they're tweaking the classes? Do you mean the existing sub-classes like Striker/Defender? Or do you mean just Blink?

ocean

Banned
Legends say he still travels the datastream, perpetually rejoining the lobby in a closed loop of time and space. He may very well no longer exist to us, and yet could be the manifestation of obscene voice chat itself.
He is Doritos. He is Mountain Dew.

Namikaze1

Dammit. I told myself I wouldn't cry as I watched the latest One Piece episode. :'(

Anyway, anyone up for a PoE 32 run in 10-15 minutes? I haven't done barely any since late June. Just want to finally hit rank 3 with Variks.

MrDaravon

Dammit. I told myself I wouldn't cry as I watched the latest One Piece episode. :'(

Anyway, anyone up for a PoE 32 run in 10-15 minutes? I haven't done barely any since late June. Just want to finally hit rank 3 with Variks.

I can, I still need to do 2 32 runs and 3 34 runs today >_>

I'm on episode 15 right now. I don't think I'll ever finish this show.
LLShC.gif
It's too damn long!

I'll join you for 32.

todd360

Are you Todd Romero by any chance?

No

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

*gulp*

Fig, you can have my stuff. Farewell friends

Drizzay M.D.

help other people with their own goals, the way I was helped myself.

Lol I like this nickname, and congrats on all your recent accomplishments! As for the second line there, "paying it forward" is the engine that makes DGAF run. Always good to hear people talking about it.

Yo I'll try to be around this afternoon or evening if I can get in on a Skolas run.

Sounds good. What time zone are you? Or what time is it for you now? I'm EST so it's 11:30am.

Still impressive

To some people. It's cool for those people. I don't find anything using the glitch interesting.

xCobalt

Is there a video or article outlining all the changes coming with TTK? I saw the one from IGN going over 27 major changes but is there anything else?

Kalamari

You people are way to nice. Swear at me like the people in COD beta. I can't handle these good feels.

A weasel hath not such a deal of spleen as you are tossed with. Your virginity breeds mites, much like a cheese.

edit: damn, no Shakespearean insult can top Zoba's trash talk. omg

LTWood12

Lol I like this nickname, and congrats on all your recent accomplishments! As for the second line there, "paying it forward" is the engine that makes DGAF run. Always good to hear people talking about it.

Sounds good. What time zone are you? Or what time is it for you now? I'm EST so it's 11:30am.

To some people. It's cool for those people. I don't find anything using the glitch interesting.

Last 6 Skolas kills have yielded at least one weapon for someone in the fireteam.

Just need some clarification on the redbull code promo. So if i enter 1 redbull code i get both the new quest (when it launches) and 1 focus light package?

I only got confirmation to claim focus light and nothing about the quest, not even in my redemption history on bungie.net.

Definity

Finally finished watching that rift footage from yesterday and I think ive made my mind up to roll with the sunbreaker first. Titan is my least played class but those hammers are going to wreck!

deafmedal

Okay. I have received a few PMs requesting Red Bull codes. I will not respond to them, but I will still give those who sent them codes... But you gotta reply here first to get them ;)

First 9 to quote get a code. Please only those who haven't already got one, thanks!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just need some clarification on the redbull code promo. So if i enter 1 redbull code i get both the new quest (when it launches) and 1 focus light package?

I only got confirmation to claim focus light and nothing about the quest, not even in my redemption history on bungie.net.

There is no confirmation on the quest if you enter it now but you can assume it'll show up after Sept 15th.

Okay. I have received a few PMs requesting Red Bull codes. I will not respond to them, but I will still give those who sent them codes... But you gotta reply here first to get them ;)

First 9 to quote get a code. Please only those who haven't already got one, thanks!

Me pls!

Edit: Deaf = the best

Bogeypop

giff me a code pls :D

Have yet to find a Destiny Red Bull here so I wouldn't mind one. Thanks for doing this!

Falifax

Pretty please!

Silvard

I didn't send you a PM (since I saw it kinda late) but if there are any left I'd love to get one, we have Red Bulls in my country but not a part of the promotion. I was give one once but the code wasn't working.

JayHayabusa

Finally done with the Salvage trophy!

The only two trophies standing between me and Lordship are the raid ones.

Any attempts at a flawless raid going on today?

noomi

Her benevolence with short gaze, hidden hand, snapshot,
and shoot to loot

Aww yiss, guess I can shard my other one.

Going to take a break for a bit, be back later dgaf.

Haybro

I'll take one!

DjRalford

If you have any left could I have a code please. I'll do you a dance in the tower :)

Last 6 Skolas kills have yielded at least one weapon for someone in the fireteam.

Nice! I did 6 kills yesterday (12 potential weapon drops) and I saw 5 weapons plus a ton of Ciphers. Shockingly I got a weapon on all 3 of my characters this week. They all had garbage elements/perks but it's better than nothing.

Klyka

Banned
Would any cool people be up for taking me on my very first Trials run later this evening? (GMT+2)?
I'd really like to one day make it to Mercury, it's the last piece of content in the game I have not seen.

deafmedal

Me pls!

Edit: Deaf = the best

giff me a code pls :D

Have yet to find a Destiny Red Bull here so I wouldn't mind one. Thanks for doing this!

Pretty please!

I didn't send you a PM (since I saw it kinda late) but if there are any left I'd love to get one, we have Red Bulls in my country but not a part of the promotion. I was give one once but the code wasn't working.

I'll take one!

If you have any left could I have a code please. I'll do you a dance in the tower :)

Ok! 2 left, quote original post for them. I'll do another give away closer to release :)

Am I too late for this? I'd like one, thanks in advance!

X-Frame

If there's any left I'll take one! Never gotten one yet.

Top Bottom