• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

deoee

Cool. You wanna do it just once?

Yes, my other char is only 31 and I still need to finish the story to unlock PoE :|

(there will be an exotic for me waiting in my first chest right? Maybe I should wait for TTK then...? :D )

HotAgileDoctorfish.gif

60% through this OT already. Crazy!

The TTK before TTK keeps getting smaller. 3 more weeks. Hype intensifies.

I found out last night my Airbnb only has a CRT TV so I'll have to chance my Vita instead of bringing my ps4.

Chances are looking very slim.

Some PoE noob questions:

1. Is PoE like VoG/CE in that if you get the loot drops in the highest level activity you don't get drops for the lower ones? So would it be best to start at 28 each week and do every one or should you just do the highest each week (like VoG) and call it a day.

2. How do the big chests work? I know you use keys to open them, but can you open it more than one time per week? (This kind of ties into the above question)

3. Can you get loot from ToO/Lighthouse multiple times a week?

4. Is Fatebringer (assuming you ascend it) still the best hand cannon (pre-2.0/TTK), or should I be searching for something else? Same with Icebreaker for Snipers?

Sorry for all the questions ;) This my first week back since TDB. Left a while before Hard Crota released, so I'm kind of in the dark on a lot of things.

todd360

Was thinking about purchasing the faction emblems but it's 150 marks for all emblems from one faction. I won't have time to get back all those marks if I buy the emblems after this week. MGSV comes out next week and that's what I'll be playing till Taken King. Oh well, I already got Revenant. It's the only faction shader I wanted anyway.

Im gonna target your base so hard. Imma fulton all your shit. Erry time your on a mission your gonna get a report of intruders.

Am I too late? No 7/11's around here. Boguester you're a machine I can't keep up with all the carries you do. Despite how fun the fight is I'm burnt out of the first 5 rounds after doing it 3 times yesterday.

Yeah I totally understand the first 5 round drag, really dull. Pilot Servitor is the biggest snooze. I started solo'ing some of them just to spice it up a bit. Skolas is always fun but it's a chore getting there.

One possibility if we have a lot of people interested in the Triumphs but don't care about the loot: kill Skolas then wipe and get new people in for another kill. I have no idea if that would work and I feel lame depriving newbies of loot. It's not a great idea but something to keep in mind.

Btw: according to Destiny Tracker, world record speed run for PoE35 is 23 min, 35 seconds by HM05. It was set on 7-21 which I believe was after the burns were removed. Not sure what the modifiers were but I could probably figure it out from saved videos.

Lnkn52

Didn't know you can trade in your DS4. With a trade value of over $25. Shhhhhhttt, Going to buy a new one with warranty now.

noomi

I could do Skolas if you guys need a third. I've been slacking and haven't touched PoE 35 this week, yet.

I want to, but do you think we could do it in a few hours from now? I literally just promised my wife I would sit down with her to have lunch and watch John Wick.

I can go at it in 2 hours, if that works.

Ambitious

1. Is PoE like VoG/CE in that if you get the loot drops in the highest level activity you don't get drops for the lower ones? So would it be best to start at 28 each week and do every one or should you just do the highest each week (like VoG) and call it a day.

No, the loot drops are independent. If you finish level 35 first, you still get loot for 34 and 32.

2. How do the big chests work? I know you use keys to open them, but can you open it more than one time per week? (This kind of ties into the above question)

You can open the chests every single time you complete PoE on any difficulty.

todd360

Didn't know you can trade in your DS4. With a trade value of over $25. Shhhhhhttt, Going to buy a new one with warranty now.

What color though? Its a hard choice. You want black to match the console, but white looks great on ds4. How can you decide?

X-Frame

How powerful will TTK weapons be when brought into CE or VoG?

Considering 365 weapons now do make a noticeable difference against someone like Atheon, and those weapons will now be 160 or 170 Attack -- then a 280 or 300 Attack weapon should absolutely destroy any content we have now, including Skolas I'd say.

Says you, I got EXACTLY what I needed from it to get to lvl 34 in a single week.
Now that I used up all my luck I'll probably never get the II versions of the weapons from Judgement's Chance.

Any chance you're helping newbies with Lighthouse as well besides just Skolas?

Well la-di-da Mr Fancy Pants. I rolled 30+ judgements looking for a Warlock helm w Fallen perks and got a Vex helm plus lots of garbage weapons and armor pieces. :-/

I do help newbies w Lighthouse trips although unfortunately I need a lot more help for that compared to Skolas. If there's another helper around I could maybe do a run here in a bit. I always prioritize first timers since Lighthouse and Skolas are the PvP and PvE milestones for HoW. I'd like as many people to experience them as possible.

I could do Skolas if you guys need a third. I've been slacking and haven't touched PoE 35 this week, yet.

If it's possible to work a newbie into your runs I would certainly appreciate it. There were at least 2 people asking towards the end of the last page. Obviously it's up to you but I know you have the skills to carry newbies.

Nuszka

Good day dgaf. Busy weekend in work i had. Now 1.5k sidearm kills i must do. While Empire Strikes Back watching i will be... or whatever. Somehow i managed to convince my wife to watch episode IV with me at start of the week and this morning from herself she just asked that she would like to see the "second" part of that movie.
Blessed i must be.

deafmedal

Alright! That concludes today's giveaway, stayed tuned closer to release for another code bonanza if you didn't get one today!

All I ask is that each of you pray for my internal organs ;P

Am I too late? No 7/11's around here. Boguester you're a machine I can't keep up with all the carries you do. Despite how fun the fight is I'm burnt out of the first 5 rounds after doing it 3 times yesterday.

Any left? As an european I can't get those :v

If you have more I would love one :)

Sry all, done for the day, will give away more at an undetermined date :)

And now I'm off to Witcher-land until my inevitable nap. Geez, I really want to play Destiny instead. I'm not gonna make it all the way to TTK without playing, I can already see it :mad:

Some PoE noob questions:

28 is actually more like a Strike Playlist. You even get the same Strike Legendary weapons to drop, like Hopscotch Pilgrim. You get loot every time you do it, same as a strike. 32, 34 and 35 all have unique loot that drops once per week, they can be done in any order.

As long as you have a key, you can always open the big chest at the end of any PoE for a guaranteed Queen weapon and chance of exotic. As many times a week as you want if you have a key for it.

3. Can you get loot from ToO/Lighthouse multiple times a week?

The 4 packages at the Reef and the Lighthouse chest can be received once per week per character.

4. Is Fatebringer (assuming you ascend it) still the best hand cannon (pre-2.0/TTK), or should I be searching for something else? Same with Icebreaker for Snipers?

Fatebringer is the best PvE hand cannon. Icebreaker is can be useful but it's far from the best PvE sniper. Assuming you have a GHorn, you don't want your exotic slot taken by IceB. Black Hammer from Normal Crota is your best bet now, but you missed your chance for the best PvE sniper (old Effriet's Spear w Field Scout and Surplus) but lots of snipers work well. Something w high impact that you can roll w the Surplus perk, like Her Benevolence from a PoE chest.

Sorry for all the questions ;) This my first week back since TDB. Left a while before Hard Crota released, so I'm kind of in the dark on a lot of things.

See answers above, let me know if you have other questions!

SkylineRKR

How powerful will TTK weapons be when brought into CE or VoG?

Considering 365 weapons now do make a noticeable difference against someone like Atheon, and those weapons will now be 160 or 170 Attack -- then a 280 or 300 Attack weapon should absolutely destroy any content we have now, including Skolas I'd say.

Probably. Its roughly double damage from the current max. So I guess Gjallarhorn is out for any content. Because if the base rockets only do half damage, the nerfed wolfpack will do probably barely half the damage of that. So I guess a single rocket from Y2 is better.

No, the loot drops are independent. If you finish level 35 first, you still get loot for 34 and 32.

You can open the chests every single time you complete PoE on any difficulty.

See answers above, let me know if you have other questions!

Thank you both :) That was really helpful. Can't wait to try out PoE on higher difficulties, just need to level up some more (only 32 now).

Edit:

I have Black Hammer, so I guess my PvE build will be Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gally. Might switch it out for a shotty in PoE because it's more closed-off than Patrol/Missions/etc.

There are some pretty weird lag glitches. I've had people glitch through the porthole that leads to the treasure when a new round starts.

Oh yea that happened to me and my teammates. It's interesting that the treasure isn't there so they have a Boss Completion Check for that, but not for the porthole door haha

Top Bottom