• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh yea that happened to me and my teammates. It's interesting that the treasure isn't there so they have a Boss Completion Check for that, but not for the porthole door haha

They kinda do need it. If not people would just lagswitch it.

Almost top page :8
giphy.gif

Deku Tree

How powerful will TTK weapons be when brought into CE or VoG?

Considering 365 weapons now do make a noticeable difference against someone like Atheon, and those weapons will now be 160 or 170 Attack -- then a 280 or 300 Attack weapon should absolutely destroy any content we have now, including Skolas I'd say.

Each enemy has a maximum damage you can do to them. It's displayed as a grey damage marker. For the same reasons that we now don't one shot dregs in the cosmodrome, the old raids won't become much easier than they already are.

They kinda do. If not people would just lagswitch it.

Yea I'm just saying that they do have a check for that in the code, but not a check for the door to open that leads to that, or so it seems.

Just from a coding perspective it would seem that the event (porthole door opening + chest appearance) should be tied to the exact same trigger.

Is Salvage guaranteed to be available every other week? Or is it random?

I don't think it's guaranteed but it comes around pretty often. I remember a while back when Salvage went MIA for maybe a month since a lot of people just needed that trophy to finish GLord.

Now that they have the Weekly playlist (at the bottom middle of the Crucible screen) as well as the two DLC/special playlists (at the top, on left and right), it's common for Salvage to be available in one of them. It might be "HoW Salvage" or vanilla Salvage, for example.

You can also do Doubles and will get credit for any Salvage games since it alternates w/ Skirmish. Iirc they said Salvage would become a permanent mode in TTK.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yea I'm just saying that they do have a check for that in the code, but not a check for the door to open that leads to that, or so it seems.

Just from a coding perspective it would seem that the event (porthole door opening + chest appearance) should be tied to the exact same trigger.

To me it seems more like the doors are set to trigger when you spawn in, but if its lagging it wont trigger.

Langy

Any interest in getting a group to run through the Vault and Crota? Need to do my warlock to finish out the weeks activities....

todd360

Want it! Where can I preorder?

Dat ps1 grey.

I don't really want one of those. I'm not super nostalgic about ps1. I had one, but I was super young so I didn't have the money to get many games for it. I do still remember being allowed to get one game at eb games though. I saw a cool looking purple dragon and picked that. Thank god I got something good. That could have easily ended up with me getting a terrible game.

I have more nostalgia for ps2. I saved up money for that. Kingdom Hearts looked so amazing. When I I hooked it up and saw the opening I immediately knew I did good. Those graphics were mind shattering good back then. I think KH1 graphics still hold up. Plus the gameplay is still pretty fun and unique.

Question:

I have a disk copy of Destiny without the DLCs
I was thinking of just going digital only
If I pre-order The Taken King digital collector's edition will I be able to access the other DLC content right away or do I have to wait until the September release?

Klyka

Banned
Question:

If I pre-order The Taken King digital collector's edition will I be able to access the other DLC content right away or do I have to wait until the September release?

You will be able to immediately play every content currently released for Destiny

Tecnniqe

Banned
Question:

Yes digital edition gives you everything right now.

To me it seems more like the doors are set to trigger when you spawn in, but if its lagging it wont trigger.

Just for one day id love to look at their code and bask in its glory.

I wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyways but it'd be so awesome.

I'd try to tweak some guns and playtest them :D and create custom games ftw

Future

So what's the best way to play up till ttk?

Level up factions and keep packages at the post master?

Get max marks across all alts?

Get max grimoire?

Any legendary weapons or items we should purchase before the vendors change their inventory? Or are all gonna be worthless after TTK?

Kyoufu

Is there any interest in Salvage or Skirmish trains? Trying to get the grimoire with randoms isn't happening any time soon.

phen0m24

Out of 10 salvage games, I've been dropped in 8 where I was losing with 3k+ points. Really game? Really?

Worse yet the game could put you on my team, Tears...

:p

I hit a doorway with a nova bomb last night and I immediately flashed back to EJ's commentary... Egads :p

Hope you guys had a fun weekend

GutZ31

So what's the best way to play up till ttk?

Level up factions and keep packages at the post master?

Get max marks across all alts?

Get max grimoire?

Any legendary weapons or items we should purchase before the vendors change their inventory? Or are all gonna be worthless after TTK?
Max out your marks.
Get your factions almost leveled then leave them alone if you have them past level 3 already.
Grimoire above 3000 is advised for some extra goodies come TTK.

All legendary gear will be obsolete come TTK, so if you are already level 30, just get gear and weapons you wish to play with in the now, or crucible specific.

lt519

One possibility if we have a lot of people interested in the Triumphs but don't care about the loot: kill Skolas then wipe and get new people in for another kill. I have no idea if that would work and I feel lame depriving newbies of loot. It's not a great idea but something to keep in mind.

Btw: according to Destiny Tracker, world record speed run for PoE35 is 23 min, 35 seconds by HM05. It was set on 7-21 which I believe was after the burns were removed. Not sure what the modifiers were but I could probably figure it out from saved videos.

Yeah I was thinking of just doing Skolas kill helps now when they can't finish it off, I can't stomach the first 5 anymore.

Wow that is incredibly fast, must be a Servitor burn as well. After playing last night we guessed 3 mins for first round, 4 for the next 4 and then 5 for Skolas. Seems possible, I think the best grouping would be three titans with ruin wings and Horns just spamming rockets and gift of the void. Feel like trying anytime?

ocean

Banned
Over 3k grimoire for TTK? What does it unlock?

3610 :)
Nothing confirmed, people are just speculating that it might happen and it gives us a new thing to work towards.

Btw props in getting all the hard stuff out of the way. You only need Hunter/Warlock kills in Crucible, Salvage/Skirmish wins and Sidearm kills. I am envy.

Top Bottom