• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Edit: I'm on top of the page again and still have no gifs
sorry everyone.
XC4Xbe4.gif

So, I just had someone report me for cheating, via network manipulation. He said I was a statue, skating around.

My connection showed green the whole match. And my internet connection is really good. 125Mbps down, 15Mbps up. I just ditched my sucky Comcast modem and bought a Surfboard so I won't have to deal with Comcast's DNS and routing.

The thing is I've had a couple of enemies port around in Prison of Elders this week. I wonder if my connection is wonky.

So what's going on? Is there a way to check if my connection to Destiny's servers is good? Halo 3 that functionality.

I live in Hawaii. That green bar is a lie. Weasels are everywhere.

Thing is, I'm in New England. Of course, he could be in Hawaii. Not sure why this is bothering me so much, because I'm not cheating. First time I've ever been accused of cheating I guess.

Should I just shrug it off as Destiny's netcode sucking?

I took the Dreg's Promise as my first elder cipher reward because I'm working on the Sidearms kills right now and I hate myself oh god

Related, can you get an Elder Cipher from PoE 34, or does it have to be Skolas? The one I got was from my Skolas kill, but I haven't played a ton of PoE 34.

Why don't you just wait and do side arm kills when TTK hits? They are going to have good side arms.

Sullichin

Thing is, I'm in New England. Of course, he could be in Hawaii. Not sure why this is bothering me so much, because I'm not cheating. First time I've ever been accused of cheating I guess.

Should I just shrug it off as Destiny's netcode sucking?
Yeah a lot of people don't know what they're talking about and will assume a lagging player is cheating. I doubt anything will happen to your account unless you have multiple infractions.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Should I just shrug it off as Destiny's netcode sucking
?

yep

imho anyone who averages 1.4 kd or higher has been reported at least once. thankfully, a few reports here and there isn't gonna get you banned.

Trash game. Can't even release a patch to fix the broken shit first.

Im out.

I can't wait to see the people who will suck ass when Thorn, blink, shot package shotguns, and final round sniping are all gone. Can't wait.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One of the guys on that team sent me a message bragging about us losing that first game. We destroyed them in the runback and he left and hes trying to start crap. LOL. I kept rubbing it in.

Holy cow those were some super sweaty and super fun Mercury runs. Many thanks to Wicked for helping and congrats to the folks who made the journey with us.

Probably can't do as much of a marathon but Wicked said he'd be up for helping a few more first timer runs tomorrow.

FyreWulff

Did a few attempts earlier this morning at getting to the lighthouse. didn't make it.

But I did suddenly notice that Trials losses still count as wins towards Elimination grimoire?

bgbball31

Holy cow those were some super sweaty and super fun Mercury runs. Many thanks to Wicked for helping and congrats to the folks who made the journey with us.

Probably can't do as much of a marathon but Wicked said he'd be up for helping a few more first timer runs tomorrow.

Mind adding me? I have class from 11:30-13:30, and 6:00-7:00, but other that that I'm free tomorrow.

Dave_6

If you're available now we could get you in here for a redemption run.

Thanks for the invite Drizz and Wicked! Got this as a reward from the chest:
Also got the shotgun from the gold package.

Can't thank you guys enough!!!

Thanks for the invite Drizz and Wicked! Got this as a reward from the chest:

Also got the shotgun from the gold package.

Can't thank you guys enough!!!

That's a slick looking weapon! Always great when RNG cooperates at the end of a sweaty run like that. Those were some super fun matches, great team plays all around. Congrats!

Mind adding me? I have class from 11:30-13:30, and 6:00-7:00, but other that that I'm free tomorrow.

For sure. You and Revolution could get a run, if timing works out. Then we could go from there depending on Wicked and my availability for potentially more runs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm the blue ranger.
Lnk is the white ranger.
Moridhin is the red ranger.
Save is the grey ranger.
Mupod is the black ranger.
Saithan is the green ranger.

Top Bottom