• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's not unplayable at all. It can be frustrating but you're not at a COMPLETE disadvantage without those guns and perks. It is disappointing that being said.

It really, really isn't that bad.

Blink/shotgun is rough, sure, but the people that are actually good with it aren't nearly as common. People still run in straight lines for you with it

The Thorn is outright demonic, but you just have to remember you're dealing with one and play a bit safer than usual.

Taeshik Cha, a fellow badass trials player on xbone, has just deleted all of his characters. Rip Cha, I had fun wrecking fools with you.

I can't believe it. This makes me sad. I can never go as far as to delete a character, as much as this game frustrates me.

Cha is an incredible player. I'm hoping he just wants to start fresh when TTK comes out. I'm pretty sure that's it, right?

Holy shit dude, that's amazing you were able to find those posts so fast. It's funny but those matches were some of the clearest memories from my early Crucible days. I was in love with the original pre-nerf Hawkmoon (RIP SniperMoon) and could never get the feel for TLW. I would follow you around the map trying to copy you using it but would just get wrecked constantly. I was so bad, smh.

Taeshik Cha, a fellow badass trials player on xbone, has just deleted all of his characters. Rip Cha, I had fun wrecking fools with you.

Why did he do that? I'm sure it's for the best if that's what people decide, just curious.

Korosenai

I can't believe it. This makes me sad. I can never go as far as to delete a character, as much as this game frustrates me.

Cha is an incredible player. I'm hoping he just wants to start fresh when TTK comes out. I'm pretty sure that's it, right?

Holy shit dude, that's amazing you were able to find those posts so fast. It's funny but those matches were some of the clearest memories from my early Crucible days. I was in love with the original pre-nerf Hawkmoon (RIP SniperMoon) and could never get the feel for TLW. I would follow you around the map trying to copy you using it but would just get wrecked constantly. I was so bad, smh.

Why did he do that? I'm sure it's for the best if that's what people decide, just curious.
Think he just had enough of the game. First Lima, now Cha. Xbox is losing some good players.

Koro and Cha both carried my very first xb1 character to mercury when I was a level 27 and I couldn't do anything. That's how good they are.

I also had a blast running with Cha in Thieve's Den a couple of weeks back. He's like a freaking cowboy and it's so fun to watch.

Thanks for the Memories. I'll never forget Back out Kappa

Think he just had enough of the game. First Lima, now Cha. Xbox is losing some good players.

Did Lima actually delete his characters? I know he talked about it a few times but didn't think he'd gone through with it.

Wish them the best. Everyone has to do what's best for their own life.

I heard about what happened from Colonel. Sorry to hear the frustration go to ya Cha.

I've rage deleted games more than I care to admit (most being Bungie games in fact) and it wasn't too long ago that I also deleted all of my Destiny characters. Whether it's something major or a snowball of minor things, the frustration can sour the experience and make you feel like you're wasting your time.

A healthy break is good once in a while, so hopefully it isn't permanent. The good thing though with TTK on the way is that you can get your exotics back and relevel through the new quest system.

Sorry about the frustrations X :-/

It's pretty ridiculous that they haven't made any weapon balances for this long, especially when there are so many clearly broken aspects. Fingers crossed that TTK will bring the meta change everyone is ready to receive.

Yea I don't understand doing it all in one patch versus prioritizing fixes needed and doing them in multiple patches.

I feel Trials is a doubled edged sword for me atm. On one hand, I want to quit until TTK / weapons 2.0. But on the other hand, it's going away when TTK arrives and I always to keep playing to improve. But that hand can lead to frustrations quickly especially with the current state.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Have Thorn and TLW just waiting on Hawkmoon to drop for the trifecta of PvP handcannons.

Sweet lordy, Thorn wrecks PvP even for someone like me who's not a pro at PvP I'm getting 15 to 20 kills and over 10 assists per match while using it. I can understand the love and hate it gets now.

Edit: got a Spare Change.25 with third eye and headseeker. They seem like good perks for PvP.

Waldini

The problem right now is that Thorn > TLW > everything else. Sure, on mid/long-range maps you could use Hopscotch, Messenger or any other pulse-rifle with decent perks. You just have to make sure you land every shot.

Can't wait to start using other weapons again. Started with Shadow Price, went to TLW and the Devil You Know. After the nerfs? Thorn and TLW. There are no better weapons.

We'll see how TTK does...

.... still pissed as fuck on that Exotic Year 1 shit.

zewone

Damn Ram.

35snbzg.gif

Got a Multi Tool off an 8 wins package for Trials. Specifically what I wanted!

Titan-cheese abyss, here I come!

Nice! Mida is so damn good for Abyss solo'ing. A very fun weapon in general and the stagger effect is legit. Plus scouts are getting a 5% buff in TTK, hopefully Mida will be revealed as a Year 2 Exotic.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I saw a pic from Taeshik Cha on my activity feed with zero characters and I thought it was a glitch or something. Commented "how scared were you?"
Then I come in here and find out it's real?
Wow that's too bad.

Hope he doesn't regret that tomorrow.

I played a round/card with him a couple of days ago and couldn't hang with him at all. Couldn't keep up.

But I think our rounds were a perfect example of how toxic some people's view of this game mode is.
I still have the card on my Hunter and it's sitting at 6-1.
To me that isn't a leave the game and turn the console off moment. That's a good card for me still. And I hope to find a couple of people to play with tomorrow to get the last three wins on it.
This game mode should be a chance for all of us to meet some new people to play with and build some friendships. But the weekends are completely segregated due to this game mode. If you can't go flawless you are alone.

For instance: on Friday I accepted an invite from someone after I had told him I'm joining to play for fun. I hadn't played trials on my Titan ever and just want to get some practice. We go up 2-0 and things are alright. The other team ties it up and it's now 2-2 and the third teammate starts ripping into this guy about what a piece of garbage he is and how he better pick his game up. When we were 4-4 with this asshat still going at it and just throwing insult after insult (he never voiced anything directly towards me) I spoke up and shared my feelings regarding his attitude. Party disbanded. Horrible feelings for all.

I tell people that I'm a decent second and a great third. I've had control games where I had 35+ kills. I've had other games where my k/d was brutal. I'm not elite at all.

I ran caboose with Ned and Kor one night and it was a memorable experience for me. I didn't do anything great but had a couple of clutch moments in a cruical match. I contributed to that trip to Mercury and it was a highlight of my time with the game.

I would have loved a chance to play with those guys or Cha a second time and learn from skilled players.
But Trials is about Mercury or nothing at all.

It sucks that this game mode influenced Cha to clear his account. Not only was he skilled but he seems like an awesome guy.

Cha is an awesome guy. Very humble and calm, and he teaches along the way. His comments are also really good. I feel really lucky to have played with him the 2 times I did. Anytime you can combine ridiculously good skill to an even better attitude, you get my vote, everytime.

I hope it's just a break and that everything is ok

I still have the card on my Hunter and it's sitting at 6-1.... tomorrow to get the last three wins on it.

FYI since you already have a loss on the card the best you can do is Gold Package at 8 wins. No reason to do another game after that, 9-1 doesn't get you anything new whatsoever compared to 8 wins.

As for the other stuff about Trials, I definitely agree. It's a very exclusionary game mode, especially by now when many of the scrubs quit. It's hard for competitive players to just play w whoever because they want to win and help others get to Mercury. Realistically you should have two competitive players together then the 3rd can be a moldy sack o' potatoes.

But one competitive player plus two potatoe sacks is bad for everyone and not realistic for Mercury without some assistance. Even Pro streamers that do double carries (Giggle Monster, Real Krafty) have to restart cards often relative to two pros carrying one scrub. Non-competitive players don't really understand how stressful it is and competitive players have a hard time adjusting to how inexperienced folks will move around and approach encounters.

FyreWulff

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to do casual Trials, I'm for it. No pressure and I'll just talk about things through each match.

I have a bajillion Osiris coins.

Very frustrating time with trials just when I thought I was getting better a smack back to reality.

Having problems getting to Mercury this week. Still having fun though when I am not screwing up.

That was just a brutal run, near on every team we faced had a high win rate.

That last card it was all 70%ers not a lot you can do about that

Edit has anyone else done the button switch for TLW and found clicks won't register with RLs?

Top Bottom