• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Nuszka

Just looking at the rate this thread is going, we still have two more bungie streams which means more speculation and more people losing their shit over small/large changes, maybe a new trailer , last week of overhyped countdown. Is it to early to say we will hit ot30 before 15th of September ? I think we will get to 29th this week.
Edit: top of the page , I dedicate this one to all the guardians stuck in their daily routines unable to shoot the darkness in the face.

Can anyone help me on this final Thorn bounty? It's a 26 instance of The Summoning Pits but with epic modifier and it'd be a lot easier with some help. Join up on blackprophesy if you're interested.

Just looking at the rate this thread is going, we still have two more bungie streams which means more speculation and more people losing their shit over small/large changes, maybe a new trailer , last week of overhyped countdown. Is it to early to say we will hit ot30 before 15th of September ? I think we will get to 29th this week.

This thread is 9 days old and 60% of the way done. there are 23 days left till the next one. i'll be surprised if we don't hit 31.

More importantly, what's happening to the thread when taken king launches? Was Hawkian or someone making a gaming side OT?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
What are the sources of exotic armor?

The raids only give out weapons, so that I know of for exotic armor: Xur, POE chest, Lighthouse chest. Other than the one in a million legendary engram to exotic, that's all right?

noomi

The raids only give out weapons, so that I know of for exotic armor: Xur, POE chest, Lighthouse chest. Other than the one in a million legendary engram to exotic, that's all right?

Nightfalls as well, and that's pretty much it.

Gammacide

And we're done.

First RNG Hard Light. Another Fang.
Nice loot! Good run by everyone, esp swordbearer. Ran it like a boss.

Can anyone help me on this final Thorn bounty? It's a 26 instance of The Summoning Pits but with epic modifier and it'd be a lot easier with some help. Join up on blackprophesy if you're interested.
Still need help? I can join if so. Was in a clash match before. My PSN is V1ctIm.

Mandelbo

Right, so long story short a friend has given me his copy of Destiny because he doesn't want it anymore. I'm at level 9 right now and am having fun so far, but let me confirm a couple of things:

- If I continue to enjoy the game, I see little point in buying all the expansions when I can just get the legendary edition later, since it costs almost half as much. Since your save data is tied to your PSN account, there shouldn't be any issues upgrading physically, right?

- It also doesn't seem like it would be worth agonising over levelling up past 20, since they're changing how levelling up works in TTK. When I hit 20, should I just stay there until TTK launches?

Thanks!

Deku Tree

Right, so long story short a friend has given me his copy of Destiny because he doesn't want it anymore. I'm at level 9 right now and am having fun so far, but let me confirm a couple of things:

- If I continue to enjoy the game, I see little point in buying all the expansions when I can just get the legendary edition later, since it costs almost half as much. Since your save data is tied to your PSN account, there shouldn't be any issues upgrading physically, right?

- It also doesn't seem like it would be worth agonising over levelling up past 20, since they're changing how levelling up works in TTK. When I hit 20, should I just stay there until TTK launches?

Thanks!

Yes. Well whatever level you are when TTK launches, you will be the same level afterwards even beyond level 20. It seems to be good to be at least level 25 by the time TTK launches. That's the level where TTK stories will start. Also any rep you grind in the tower will be maintained after TTK launches.

Actually they are re-doing the way the whole story works with quests. And they have re-recorded the ghosts voice acting with Nolan North for the whole game. So there is even value to playing the story after TTK launches. But you can also do that with an Alt.

Homeboyd

So I just received a 2nd elder cipher and my first one has disappeared. Someone please help
Are you sure it wasn't just you completing the boss phase of your first cipher? It pops on the screen like you got a new drop when really you just finished the "kill bosses in PoE" phase on your original cipher. Check variks to see if you can pick up an exotic weapon.

BokehKing

Banned
I just started a new job and won't be able to take time off to play when this releases like I did with the first game... I'm going to be thinking about this game 8 hours a day, grab a bite on the way home and then play non stop

ocean

Banned
This thread is 9 days old and 60% of the way done. there are 23 days left till the next one. i'll be surprised if we don't hit 31.

More importantly, what's happening to the thread when taken king launches? Was Hawkian or someone making a gaming side OT?
A mod should chime in. I think the smartest bet to keep this going would be for OT30 or 31 or whatever to be created in Gaming Side, and then have it move back to Conmunity after a while.

It'd be messy to try and keep up with two threads about essentially the same things. But it'll also probably be time to keep the numbering but come up with an entirely revamped OT instead of jut a minor tweak and some Wall of Shame updates.

I'd say the TTK OT should include:

- Information on the new leveling system
- Explanation on the economy now that there'll be less crap to juggle and more flexible exchanges
- SKU breakdown (ugh what a mess)
- New subclass hype
- Weapon foundry hype
- New explorable location hype
- Red Bull promo
- Brief overview of the content the game will have once put together to preemptively calm down the "nothing to do crowd" (i.e. 13 Strikes plus some remixes, PvP map count, 3 Raids, etc)
- New PvP mode hype
- Hammer time GIF

Ok maybe that's too much work nvm :p but I volunteer to help draft any given section of whoever is making the OT wants some help. Sadly, I suck hard at design so I can write some neat explanations down but can't make any fancy image layouts or banners.

noomi

I really wish we could permanently drop the elder cipher quest, Variks keeps reminding me about it and I already have all the cipher weapons.

Same goes for Eris, I don't want to do that urn quest again :( Leave me alone!

Kyoufu

I really wish we could permanently drop the elder cipher quest, Variks keeps reminding me about it and I already have all the cipher weapons.

Same goes for Eris, I don't want to do that urn quest again :( Leave me alone!

Eris will haunt you as they haunt her.

ocean

Banned

Nightfalls. But to be fair, Xur has been a gentleman. He's sold 35/36 armor pieces and every one of his potential weapon options twice or more.

But yeah if you missed Xur for a specific item you might have to wait a long time unless you have Motes to splurge on Exotic Engrams.

Of course you were a big help! It's all about the team plays, not the K/D's. Only stat that matters is W/L. We had a lot of great games, clutch plays all around to pull out some tense victories. Trials is pretty addictive when the games are as good as the ones we played tonight.

That's awesome you spent more time at the Lighthouse, definitely enjoy it. Did you find Osiris' secret chamber? Sorry for not giving a better tour but we were in a bit of a hurry to get the next run rolling :)

Yah we had some really fun and close games. A few we're annoying because of the lag but overall a good card. I learned a few things from you guys too. I would love to run with you guys again whenever you guys have time and are not carrying any first timers. Btw, that messenger wrecks! Love it.

It's cool I know you guys had more people to get to Lighhouse. I couldn't find the secret chamber you were talking about but mostly just forgot because I was still so overwhelmed just being there lol. I will search again today!

Mandelbo

Yes. Well whatever level you are when TTK launches, you will be the same level afterwards even beyond level 20. It seems to be good to be at least level 25 by the time TTK launches. That's the level where TTK stories will start. Also any rep you grind in the tower will be maintained after TTK launches.

Actually they are re-doing the way the whole story works with quests. And they have re-recorded the ghosts voice acting with Nolan North for the whole game. So there is even value to playing the story after TTK launches. But you can also do that with an Alt.

Alright, thanks. I guess I'd better do VoG then to hit level 25.

A mod should chime in. I think the smartest bet to keep this going would be for OT30 or 31 or whatever to be created in Gaming Side, and then have it move back to Conmunity after a while.

It'd be messy to try and keep up with two threads about essentially the same things. But it'll also probably be time to keep the numbering but come up with an entirely revamped OT instead of jut a minor tweak and some Wall of Shame updates.

I'd say the TTK OT should include:

- Information on the new leveling system
- Explanation on the economy now that there'll be less crap to juggle and more flexible exchanges
- SKU breakdown (ugh what a mess)
- New subclass hype
- Weapon foundry hype
- New explorable location hype
- Red Bull promo
- Brief overview of the content the game will have once put together to preemptively calm down the "nothing to do crowd" (i.e. 13 Strikes plus some remixes, PvP map count, 3 Raids, etc)
- New PvP mode hype
- Hammer time GIF

Ok maybe that's too much work nvm :p but I volunteer to help draft any given section of whoever is making the OT wants some help. Sadly, I suck hard at design so I can write some neat explanations down but can't make any fancy image layouts or banners.

I agree that we should move over to gaming again (oh boy). Taken King is essentially a relaunch of the game after all.

If nobody wants to volunteer for the grunt work, then i'll post it again. But I will need everyone's help this time.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If you have the motes and are feeling lucky, Xur legendary engrams can get you almost everything you need ;)

I've blown my entire stash these past two weeks.

Last week I got both the ACDC and the Khepri's, but this week I couldn't get the Purifier that I needed.

What's the fastest way to farm Motes?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Whats a good Legendary AR? I've only got these at the moment. Worth reforging any of these for certain perks? I do have the Suros Regime but hate its Focused Fire perk.

Shadow Price
Vindicator XI - RR
Truth Serum - RR
Her Right Hand - RR

X-Frame

Going back to Gaming is exciting and scary. We already chew through OT's here but I agree, this is like a relaunch.

OT40 by the end of September then!

Top Bottom