• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

This was a quick one.

AaRiSvq.gif

This pleases me greatly.
Don't worry Fig I got the joke.

Thanks, I'm glad it wasn't a complete failure. :p

Tjamato88

Dragon strikes are best for chances at legendary weapons and gear.
Do the 28 PoE, it's easy enough, and it is a great introduction into the end game 3 man stuff.
VoG should be next for the fun of it, and CE for possible gear/fun.
I strongly suggest getting to rank 3 with vanguard before stopping.
Rank 3 is usually the level where you can buy/get anything the NPC sells, except for Eris, she's level 4, and not really necessary for progressing, just shaders and upgrades for murmur and necrocasm.
Are the Dragon strikes a better use of my time to get Vanguard rep than Patrol missions? You get more for a strike but they take like 20-30 minutes.

deoee

Just? Thats 1/4th of the game :|

I actually like the setting, just found the game itself meh.
And sadly they have too much time to explain.

Do you need a red bull? You seem to be talking to yourself :|

I enjoy it for
the cinematic
feels to this point.

Really mindblowing visuals and superb art direction+weapons :eek:

GutZ31

Rofl.
Are the Dragon strikes a better use of my time to get Vanguard rep than Patrol missions? You get more for a strike but they take like 20-30 minutes.
What is your time worth?
Is hours of patrol missions, with very low chance of legendary drops worth your time?
Or is a strike playlist, with a high chance of both legendary gear, and weapons worth your time?

Even if the strikes didn't level you up as fast, it would still be worth it to find gear if you needed it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

People rush through strikes and skip mobs now. You can get through one in 10-15 each with a good group.

Pics_nao

Giving the game a second chance and downloaded the demo. How far can I get in it? Probably won't buy the full game until TTK drops if I can get into it.

GutZ31

Giving the game a second chance and downloaded the demo. How far can I get in it? Probably won't buy the full game until TTK drops if I can get into it.
I can't remember if it lets you go past level 8 or not.
Last I remember it only let you level so far before it capped you.

So, I guess if you leave unleveled/non-upgraded armor/weapons in your inventory/vault space then your overall light level (or whatever it is now) will be affected by this initially?

...and what was the reason again not to dismantle legendary armor/weapons? Just possible TTK upgrading mats?

Zeus7

I was just invited to a random game, joined, and it was at the end of the Crota raid. Everyone left, does this mean I have a save at this point in the raid if I go back to it?

Homeboyd

So, I guess if you leave unleveled/non-upgraded armor/weapons in your inventory/vault space then your overall light level (or whatever it is now) will be affected by this initially?

...and what was the reason again not to dismantle legendary armor/weapons? Just possible TTK upgrading mats?
I think they just didn't want you to delete your gear that gets you to 34 so that you'll remain a 34 when ttk drops. I don't think there's any other reason. Your s1 gear will dismantle into s1 mats regardless of when you decide to shard them.

GutZ31

From my understanding, it was to make sure you didn't get rid of stuff that may be effective in crucible, or other activities that don't need light level to be useful.
Legendary stuff pre-TTK will have no value we know of after TTK drops, but upgrade materials is the likely one.

ocean

Banned

No. There's two different things:

- All your armor, equipped or not, will be analyzed. Your starting level at TTK will be the highest possible level your characters have using an optimal loadout. So if you have a full ToO armor set that makes you 34 in your Vaukt, but were wearing an old VoG set unleveled which makes you level 27 on September 15th...you'll still start TTK as a level 34, because the game saw that the good armor is on your possession somewhere. This is just for determining your base level. We're all currently level 20, and the cap will go up to 40. As long as you own at least one combination of armor which lets you hit level 34, you'll jump straight from level 20 to 34 with TTK.

- Your Light level will have nothing to do with the stuff you have in your vault. It'll be an unweighted average of the Light level of your *equipped* weapons and armor.

In neither case will having unleveled stuff affect you.
the new blink should make your guardian spontaneously revert to level 1 each time you use it.
That blink and QuickDraw can coexist in a single subclass is insane. QuickDraw would be a better fit for Gunslingers anyways IMO, it fits their style more clearly.

Nuszka

For blink i would add extra recovery frames so you could not immediately blink/shotgun or just shoot in general. I definitely would not increase the time needed between blinks as it would make quick traversal in some areas almost impossible.

ocean

Banned
It's called Blink because using it deletes your character who blinks into unknown space and time.
Blink is an Ability of Sorrow learned from the laggy depths of the Hellmouth. Using this powerful ability places the Mark of the Devourer on its users, causing Darkness-infused Damage over Time.

Top Bottom