• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I'm so frustrated with the current state of PVP in this game I'm taking a break until TTK. I've been 2-shot from shotguns from mid-range and killed by scumbag weapons like Thorn from across the map for the last time. Can't wait for Sept 15.

ocean

Banned
Going back to Gaming is exciting and scary. We already chew through OT's here but I agree, this is like a relaunch.

OT40 by the end of September then!
Lol I swear they're gonna do something about us at some point :p there must be some inside bet between mods / admins about when we'll stop posting here.

Slightly more on-topic: going over the old PvP videos from E3 and later, it's astonishing how much has been rebalanced as of the Red Bull exhibit. Particularly Hammer Time. In the old videos the AoE for those was ridiculous. It was like a Golden Gun range, Nova Bomb scale, Bkadedancer spam mix of unbalanced insanity. Now it looks like you really gotta aim those things, which has laid my concerns to rest. It looks powerful but not broken.

Stormcaller is super hard to judge. I see some clips where it melts and looks OP and others where it feels my Last Word would have killed more quickly. Just speculating but maybe there's damage drop off at range?

noomi

I've blown my entire stash these past two weeks.

Last week I got both the ACDC and the Khepri's, but this week I couldn't get the Purifier that I needed.

What's the fastest way to farm Motes?

There really isnt a fast way but there are different things you can do to make sure you get some.

- Dismantle weapons/armor
- Cryptarch engrams
- PoE Chest
- Trials Packages
- Lighthouse chest

Also, if you have energies/shards you can go to the speaker and trade them for motes.

Loadouts for Destiny! The best app in my opinion, only currently on iOS.

People also seem to use tower ghost.
I use tower ghost for Android and Chrome. The Chrome version is great to set up loadouts (PoE, Iron Banana, void burn etc.). I haven't had any problems with it losing items. Luke Smith even have the app some love in the Game Informer interview.

MrDaravon

Catching up on the thread, I honestly wish I enjoyed the PvP as much as some of you. I probably need to find a full crew to run with or something.

If there is a gaming side thread, it'll need to look something like this:

WHAT'S NEW?
  • General Release Information
  • Taken King Information
    -Story Synopsis
    -Classes + Subclasses
    -New Destination: Dreadnaught
    -Taken Enemies
    -New Strikes
    -New Crucible Maps and Modes
    -King's Fall Raid

WHAT'S CHANGED?
  • -Quest lines
    -Player Economy and UI Changes
    -Weapon Balance
    -Either a link to patch notes or to a diagram of all Year One changes

WHAT'S INCLUDED?
  • -SKUs and Prices
    -House of Wolves summary
    -The Dark Below summary

• FAQ for new and returning players
  • Media Gallery
    -Screenshots
    -Trailers
  • Resources
    -Companion Apps
    -Updated Leveling Guides
    -Misc Links
  • Community Tab
    -Guardian Lord List
    -Mythocast
    -Clan/Stream lists
    -Misc

Will end up shifting things around to put the most relevant information first. The community tab is the only one I'm unsure of. It might make the thread too large.

bitsurugi

Will there be another Iron Banner event before TTK?

Banner should be tomorrow or next week. They have been anouncing it pretty poorly in the last 2 months, via tweet one day prior to start.
Last 2 banners were on the last tuesday of the month, so this month should be no different.

Zeus7

If anyone ever wants to carry a level 33 Warlock through level 34 PoE then please let me know, I am halfway to level 34 but no Etheric light :(

I am on Xbox One however and everyone seems to be on Playstation in here haha

Edit: Or perhaps a raid/ToI

noomi

I'm really hurting for Hadronic Essence for my Warlock, it's stopping me from maxing out armor pieces :(

Can't wait for class materials to all become unified. I have 6000 saphire wire, and 500 Plasteal Plating.... only 15 Hadronic Essence

E92 M3

I'm really hurting for Hadronic Essence for my Warlock, it's stopping me from maxing out armor pieces :(

Can't wait for class materials to all become unified. I have 6000 saphire wire, and 500 Plasteal Plating.... only 15 Hadronic Essence

When I started a new character, I used Trials to fund my armor parts lol.

ocean

Banned
A team of 3 level 20s could level up more quickly via Trials than anywhere else. The Watcher set can get you +36 Light Gauntlets, Chest and Legs. Even with a zero Light helm, that's level 29 just for grinding some losses for a while :p then you can run Dragon Strikes or PoE 28, where a 26 Light blue helm will drop soonish and bam, level 31.

New guardians don't know how easy they have it :p

Skele7on

Banned
Good morning, guys. :)

So many high scores. Can't wait for next week.

One piece killed me this week.

The review thread has gone to all hell at the moment, interesting to read how these reviews were conducted....

OT I am very excited for this weeks Twitch stream, lots of interesting things happening on it.

I'm so frustrated with the current state of PVP in this game I'm taking a break until TTK. I've been 2-shot from shotguns from mid-range and killed by scumbag weapons like Thorn from across the map for the last time. Can't wait for Sept 15.

I stopped playing pvp a while ago because of this meta. It's easily the worst meta I've been a part of when it comes to Destiny.

I'd rather go back to the auto rifles and fusion rifles days.

E92 M3

A team of 3 level 20s could level up more quickly via Trials than anywhere else. The Watcher set can get you +36 Light Gauntlets, Chest and Legs. Even with a zero Light helm, that's level 29 just for grinding some losses for a while :p then you can run Dragon Strikes or PoE 28, where a 26 Light blue helm will drop soonish and bam, level 31.

New guardians don't know how easy they have it :p

I didn't mean through losses lol. Purchasing the armor from brother vance. Many times it would break down into 3 pieces.

--

I'm conflicted about watching Wednesday's stream: On one hand I want to go in as fresh as possible, but on the other, I want to be part of the hype!

noomi

Oh damn....I completely forgot about that. I have a flawless on my warlock, so I should just be able to buy the armor and dismantle it a bunch of times. Should give me enough to level a few missing armor perks I need.

YOU DA MAN!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Cha is an awesome guy. Very humble and calm, and he teaches along the way. His comments are also really good. I feel really lucky to have played with him the 2 times I did. Anytime you can combine ridiculously good skill to an even better attitude, you get my vote, everytime.

I hope it's just a break and that everything is ok

Woah, what happened? He and Lima tossed me on their backs and carried me to the promised land a while back. I actually learned a lot from playing with them and now neither of them are playing anymore?

E92 M3

Oh damn....I completely forgot about that. I have a flawless on my warlock, so I should just be able to buy the armor and dismantle it a bunch of times. Should give me enough to level a few missing armor perks I need.

YOU DA MAN!

You're welcome :p. It is a great way to build up stock; most of the time I got 3-4 per piece.

Bladelaw

Finally beat Skolas. I got an Elder Cipher, then chose Lord of Wolves. Now I need to run the gauntlet again? Sigh... keep on grinding Destiny.

On the bright side all my Moments of Triumph are complete!

Nuszka

Finally got home, now how do i play destiny without my wife getting enraged? Definitely tougher then first view days of Crotas End on hard.

ocean

Banned
Finally beat Skolas. I got an Elder Cipher, then chose Lord of Wolves. Now I need to run the gauntlet again? Sigh... keep on grinding Destiny.

On the bright side all my Moments of Triumph are complete!
- Run PoE 32/34/35 once, *with a Treasure Key*. You need to open the big chest on any of those difficulties for the Queen's Cipher. 28 won't work. If you need a Key, just Doña Queen's Bounty from Petra; first one you do each week should give you a Key.
- Return to Variks. He'll tell you to wait. It can be 1-6 days I think, totally random. He'll have the green icon when he's ready to give you the last part.
- Once he calls you, you need PoE points. Fastest is running Skolas twice. PoE 34 4x (I think), or 28/32 a billion times.

Get grinding soldier. Thankfully they drop at 365 attack and have very few upgrade nodes so maxing them is super fast/cheap compared to the old Exotics.

GutZ31

I agree that we should move over to gaming again (oh boy). Taken King is essentially a relaunch of the game after all.

If nobody wants to volunteer for the grunt work, then i'll post it again. But I will need everyone's help this time.
na5vvgR.jpg

Just link to the OT for gaming side to find us. Let the hordes come to our lands so we may fight on home turf.

Namikaze1

Gif is done. Just need to upload it to my imgur account.
One piece killed me this week.

The review thread has gone to all hell at the moment, interesting to read how these reviews were conducted....

OT I am very excited for this weeks Twitch stream, lots of interesting things happening on it.
That OP episode was sad. It didn't help that I watched the previous week's episode before watching the new one. Fucking Doffy...

I left the MGSV review thread last night once folks started talking about possible spoilers.

E92 M3

I agree that we should move over to gaming again (oh boy). Taken King is essentially a relaunch of the game after all.

If nobody wants to volunteer for the grunt work, then i'll post it again. But I will need everyone's help this time.

As long as we keep the number, I'm happy.

Nice, the armor cost is 500 glimmer right? I should be able to get a bunch then :D

I think so - it's very cheap and very worth it!

Tjamato88

What level reputation do I need to be to get armor from the Hunter Vanguard? 1 or 2? I need like 50 more reputation to hit level 1.

Also what should be my next thing. I'm a level 31 and I haven't ever done VoG, CE, PoE or Trials. I know Trials is weekends only so what should I jump into? Is it worth plowing through level 28 PoE just to unlock the other modes?

And what's the better strike playlist to run? Dragon or Roc? Are they even worth it?

X-Frame

Lol I swear they're gonna do something about us at some point :p there must be some inside bet between mods / admins about when we'll stop posting here.

Hah, but what could they do? They could shut down all Destiny threads after OT100 or something?

This is going to be a 10 year supported IP. Which means OT300 in the year 2024, haha.

GutZ31

What level reputation do I need to be to get armor from the Hunter Vanguard? 1 or 2? I need like 50 more reputation to hit level 1.

Also what should be my next thing. I'm a level 31 and I haven't ever done VoG, CE, PoE or Trials. I know Trials is weekends only so what should I jump into? Is it worth plowing through level 28 PoE just to unlock the other modes?

And what's the better strike playlist to run? Dragon or Roc? Are they even worth it?
Dragon strikes are best for chances at legendary weapons and gear.
Do the 28 PoE, it's easy enough, and it is a great introduction into the end game 3 man stuff.
VoG should be next for the fun of it, and CE for possible gear/fun.
I strongly suggest getting to rank 3 with vanguard before stopping.
Rank 3 is usually the level where you can buy/get anything the NPC sells, except for Eris, she's level 4, and not really necessary for progressing, just shaders and upgrades for murmur and necrocasm.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm a 33 Warlock looking to do some PoE 34. Any kind souls want to help me out?

Thetrin on PSN.

I've got voice chat, so you can enjoy my scintillating conversation!

Top Bottom