• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Dave_6

ikhcXaa.gif

LOL!

Haybro

I had a whole game plan to beat 3 games before TTK, that went right out the window about a week ago.

Far Cry, batman, and the witcher are crying.

Destiny addiction is strong.

I know this feel. I got all hyped up on Bourbon sat night and decided to re-roll my hunter for cosmetic reasons...

I've been wanting to do it for a while anyways, the only downside is I lost my golden chest part of the triumph.

Dave, congrats on the solar jewel last night! I was watching you guys play for a bit on wicked's stream.

ocean

Banned
Honestly, blink is a good jump, but I'd rather play with normal jump sometimes. It's not that bad if the shotgun is taken away.
The defensive capability is too strong. I can't hold fire on you while you blink, because you literally zap from one position to another. This makes using Blink the absolute best ability for evading damage in PvP. Then there's the fact that it also allows safely closing distance between you and your opponent, giving you a crazy offensive advantage.

I've never really been killed all that much by blink shotgun. Like, when it happens it's more the shotgun having bullshit range than blink having made it worse.

But the fact that you can close so much distance so safely makes it too far removed from the other options, defensively and offensively.

Nuszka

2.0 is a week before, IIRC. The content for TTK will be included; a small patch to activate it will land on the 15th.

I'm hoping it brings out the Taken public events early, as the other pre-expansion updates brought out the Blades and Wolves.

Dang, i will be on vacation during that time, it will mean this thread will be checked on a daily basis while i chill out.

That's assuming those bounties stay.

I'm betting they won't and the wolves will be gone with them.

Makes petra useless then. And with it, the how expansion. It completely cuts off a part of the game that new players have paid for. Seems like an odd decision to me. Especially since its required for ttk

GhaleonEB

I could see the ones that don't require waiting for an event to trigger to still be there, but the pack of wolves ones will definitely be out. It wouldn't make any sense for them to stay.

That's my guess. The public events go, but the minor bounties stay. That, or they drop entirely. I think that would retire Petra as a faction/rep character unless they do something else with her. Maybe Queen's Wrath can come back periodically if they get rid of Wolves entirely.

Whatever Bungie does they should not make blink less fun to use. They just need to make it punishing to use carelessly.

And the quickdraw perk on Bladedancers needs to be replaced.

ocean

Banned
Btw in case TTK just flat out removes Wolves, which I doubt, make sure you have the Grimoire for all the Wanted targets from Queen bounties. As far as I know there isn't any missable Grim in the game, but knowing this game I wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally become impossible to find for a few months while they get patched back in :p

The defensive capability is too strong. I can't hold fire on you while you blink, because you literally zap from one position to another. This makes using Blink the absolute best ability for evading damage in PvP. Then there's the fact that it also allows safely closing distance between you and your opponent, giving you a crazy offensive advantage.

I've never really been killed all that much by blink shotgun. Like, when it happens it's more the shotgun having bullshit range than blink having made it worse.

But the fact that you can close so much distance so safely makes it too far removed from the other options, defensively and offensively.

I'm very curious as to what ways Blink is being changed, but I've often though that most of the issue would be solved if Blink was only allowed to occur if the character is moving no more than 45 degrees away from straight up. No straight forward or backward blinks. No lateral blinks.

Make it more about jumping and less about replacing walking/sprinting.

So in game, if you basically waited to long to hit Blink, it simply wouldn't trigger on button press.

kiri

Hello all~ Hope you're well - I don't post in here often!

Bungie has triggered my OCD with the Moments of Triumph thing and I -need- to complete it before TTK is released. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me get through some of the Crota stuff on hard sometime this week? Maybe from 7pm(GMT) Tuesday or Thursday/Friday?

Here is how I'm doing so far;
t5Z6Ra6.png

Apologies if this isn't where I should be discussing this.

Kydd BlaZe

I had a whole game plan to beat 3 games before TTK, that went right out the window about a week ago.

Dude...Destiny is the only game that I have played for basically a year straight. Despite the fact that I've bought and had plans to play every major game that has come out in that timeframe.

Here's what my backlog looks like:

Halo: MCC
Sunset Overdrive
Far Cry 4
Alien Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight
GTA V
Tales From the Borderlands
Game of Thrones
God of War 3 Remastered

Soon to be bought and the subsequently added to the backlog list, due to my Destiny addiction:

Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Klyka

Banned
That's my guess. The public events go, but the minor bounties stay. That, or they drop entirely. I think that would retire Petra as a faction/rep character unless they do something else with her. Maybe Queen's Wrath can come back periodically if they get rid of Wolves entirely.

What if they put the named Wolves into some HoW missions and make quests around them? Or maybe they make some "bounty only" missions like that one HoW bounty that spawns a mission on the moon just to clear it?

GhaleonEB

Hello all~ Hope you're well - I don't post in here often!

Bungie has triggered my OCD with the Moments of Triumph thing and I -need- to complete it before TTK is released. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me get through some of the Crota stuff on hard sometime this week? Maybe from 7pm(GMT) Tuesday or Thursday/Friday?

Here is how I'm doing so far;
t5Z6Ra6.png

Apologies if this isn't where I should be discussing this.

You've come to the right place. :p

ocean

Banned
Can't believe my Thorn in a garbage bin GIF actually got made lol. Props Nami, good stuff.

Next challenge for any bored image editors out there: casket burial for Gjallarhorn and/or Ice Breaker, forever kings of pre-2.0 Destiny.

Bogeypop

I'm kind of sad I lost so many exotics because I didn't realize items in the postmaster were overwritten if you run out of room there too. Lost so many good stuff. I decided to F it and get rid of a couple dozen legendaries, only keeping exotics.

What exactly is the limit of items you can have at the Postmaster? You've made me paranoid now D:

Namikaze1

I set out to beat Far Cry 4 before Taken King. Like you, Destiny kept a strong hold on me. Now I'm not sure if I'll beat it before the year's end with MGSV and TTK right around the corner and Fallout 4 in a few months.

noomi

I set out to beat Far Cry 4 before Taken King. Like you, Destiny kept a strong hold on me. Now I'm not sure if I'll beat it before the year's end with MGSV and TTK right around the corner and Fallout 4 in a few months.

Far Cry 4 is a great game for exploring, but I found the gunplay pretty boring. Destiny gunplay has broken me

I've been wanting to do it for a while anyways, the only downside is I lost my golden chest part of the triumph.

That one chest should be pretty easy to find. There a gold chest hunter site, let me see if I can find it.

Homeboyd

Makes petra useless then. And with it, the how expansion. It completely cuts off a part of the game that new players have paid for. Seems like an odd decision to me. Especially since its required for ttk
Urk mentioned there are quest kiosks now. I would bet the old stuff (vanilla, tdb, and how) quests can all be acquired here for replaying those missions and petra goes away (for now). Doesn't make HoW useless as the missions will still be there.. I just would not expect the wolves bounties/etc to stay there. I'm failry certain wolves are going away like the swords of crota did in prep for HoW.

The taken events will likely take over with the next patch.

Dave_6

Dave, congrats on the solar jewel last night! I was watching you guys play for a bit on wicked's stream.

Thanks Hay! I was so pumped too, couldn't believe that's what popped when I opened the chest! Rubenov, Drizzay and Wicked are top notch! In ~24 hours I got a Messenger, Scholar and a solar Jewel. Still can't believe it.

BTW, sorry I missed getting in some Trials with you and Spyder yesterday. I left the game running a couple times while I stepped away to do some things and missed the message.

I just noticed the feed at the bottom left Lol.

Tears of Blood dances with Grimlock33

Grimlock33 died

It's still hilarious! What's also hilarious is that we killed two guys in the church and the third kept on reviving them one by one, Inapplicable and me ended up with a 10-killstreak XD

darthbob

I'm kind of sad I lost so many exotics because I didn't realize items in the postmaster were overwritten if you run out of room there too. Lost so many good stuff. I decided to F it and get rid of a couple dozen legendaries, only keeping exotics.

How anyone can stand having that constant green postmaster notification always there I'll never understand.

Lothars

I am almost 30 on playstation now which is my goal to get before the taken king. I will be 30 this week just need 10 more vanguard marks and to get my vanguard to rank 2.

I've really enjoyed starting a new character with no items or anything and being able to play from the beginning though I do wish I had an ice breaker.

LTWood12

Thanks Hay! I was so pumped too, couldn't believe that's what popped when I opened the chest! Rubenov, Drizzay and Wicked are top notch! In ~24 hours I got a Messenger, Scholar and a solar Jewel. Still can't believe it.

BTW, sorry I missed getting in some Trials with you and Spyder yesterday. I left the game running a couple times while I stepped away to do some things and missed the message.

RNG was very good to you!

Skele7on

Banned
Whatever Bungie does they should not make blink less fun to use. They just need to make it punishing to use carelessly.

And the quickdraw perk on Bladedancers needs to be replaced.

shhhh shhhh shhhhh no no no no.

*shrug* people also said the other way around in other threads across the net.

Or by me saying something that has had mixed results and inputs you going to call me out again?

2.0 is a week before, IIRC. The content for TTK will be included; a small patch to activate it will land on the 15th.

I'm hoping it brings out the Taken public events early, as the other pre-expansion updates brought out the Blades and Wolves.

Yeah they were quite a good way to build hype...

They'll need to keep them somewhere for petras bounties though?

Homeboyd

*shrug* people also said the other way around in other threads across the net.

Or by me saying something that has had mixed results and inputs you going to call me out again?
No I'm just answering his question. I'm pretty sure they're only worth 2500 xp. Not really worth starting an argument over.

However, if I were to claim I had an inside source that absolutely guaranteed they were worth 2500 and had no other way to prove it, I could see that as being something worth discussing. I'll leave it at that though, because I can see where this is headed.

FyreWulff

I imagine the Targets will stay in since they're attached to Grimoire. They're also off in areas where public events can't drop so I imagine they wouldn't clash with the setup.

Like, the Blades left the patrol areas but the Hand / Eye / etc of Crota are all still there.

Is Variks going to send me a message while in Orbit that my Elder Cipher is ready or do I really have to check The Reef every time I log on to see if it's there? The green icon is annoying. Lol

Top Bottom