• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ikhcXaa.gif

Sofa King

Who adds people to the guardian lord list? Just finished my 100% just in time for TTK.

Edit: nvm found it on the first page. Reading is hard.

That blink and QuickDraw can coexist in a single subclass is insane. QuickDraw would be a better fit for Gunslingers anyways IMO, it fits their style more clearly.

#HireOcean

They really should move the perk over, although i'm not sure I'd give up Scavenger in PvP for it.

Bladedancer tree is too stacked. Arcbolt grenade + blink + quickdraw + invisibility + OHK melee on top of a super with increased health that has ranged AND melee attacks.

Fucking ridiculous. Every other class has tradeoffs except Bladedancers.

always late to the party, but whats this founder's fortune? I see you need to have a grimiore score of 3000+

thank goodness I have a 3000+ grimore score and achieved my triumph

I cannot do well on Widow's court. It figures that this is the week the messenger is for sale.

But! I am driven, even after pat, X and I got our shit kicked in. Does anyone else on Xbox want to give Trials a shot tonight?

E92 M3

I am not a fan of nerf things I don't like and would want to see blink be treated equally. What makes it really bad was the shotgun and that's getting addressed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My day off. Last night's clash was so fun.

No heavy ammo for you.

fghghgh.gif

I'm kind of sad I lost so many exotics because I didn't realize items in the postmaster were overwritten if you run out of room there too. Lost so many good stuff. I decided to F it and get rid of a couple dozen legendaries, only keeping exotics.

P44

For blink i would add extra recovery frames so you could not immediately blink/shotgun or just shoot in general. I definitely would not increase the time needed between blinks as it would make quick traversal in some areas almost impossible.

I dunno, maybe that can just be the penalty for blinking. Quick Traversal gets harder.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My day off. Last night's clash was so fun.

No heavy ammo for you.

http://gifyu.com/images/fghghgh.gif[/IM]

I'm kind of sad I lost so many exotics because I didn't realize items in the postmaster were overwritten if you run out of room there too. Lost so many good stuff. I decided to F it and get rid of a couple dozen legendaries, only keeping exotics.[/QUOTE]so this what was going on in the team sexy clash orgy last night.

Happy Birthday Ruthless!! How was your vacation?

Btw, Got to Lighthouse yesterday with Drizzay and Wicked! Was such a fun and amazing ride. lighthouse is so beautiful.

Thanks and congrats to you. Hope you bought the gjallarhorn too last week :p

Vacation was awesome. Spending few days with family now, then I'll return to Melbourne and be back on Destiny from the 29th.

Bladelaw

- Run PoE 32/34/35 once, *with a Treasure Key*. You need to open the big chest on any of those difficulties for the Queen's Cipher. 28 won't work. If you need a Key, just Doña Queen's Bounty from Petra; first one you do each week should give you a Key.
- Return to Variks. He'll tell you to wait. It can be 1-6 days I think, totally random. He'll have the green icon when he's ready to give you the last part.
- Once he calls you, you need PoE points. Fastest is running Skolas twice. PoE 34 4x (I think), or 28/32 a billion times.

Get grinding soldier. Thankfully they drop at 365 attack and have very few upgrade nodes so maxing them is super fast/cheap compared to the old Exotics.

Thanks for the insight. I have about a dozen keys so I'm thinking I'm ok there. I don't know if I have two more Skolas runs in me though. I'd rather just bang out the 34 ones in that case. It took my group 2 hours and 17 minutes (3 wipes total) for the full clear of 35 PoE. I could have run Crota's End on all three characters and had enough time for a normal VoG run in that time.

I use tower ghost for Android and Chrome. The Chrome version is great to set up loadouts (PoE, Iron Banana, void burn etc.). I haven't had any problems with it losing items. Luke Smith even have the app some love in the Game Informer interview.

Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it and it is much better.

Kyoufu

For blink i would add extra recovery frames so you could not immediately blink/shotgun or just shoot in general. I definitely would not increase the time needed between blinks as it would make quick traversal in some areas almost impossible.

I don't see them nerfing Blink by hurting the fluidity of Destiny's combat.

Just want to give a big thanks to Xplicitone and his pal Spyder for helping me out in Trials last night. It was a lot of fun, and even though we didn't get too far I had a really nice night!

I'm looking to run Trials again tonight, if anyone's up for helping out with it? I'm looking to go Flawless before Year 2 starts. I wouldn't say I'm a terrible player or anything, but it just hasn't happened yet!

Hit me up on the PS4, JofamoPS if anyone wants to try help a guy try for Flawless!

Hey I just saw this now. Sorry I couldn't take you out to the promised land. This has been the sweatiest weekend for me in a long time. I did have a lot of fun at that point. I think I might have played a little too much this weekend haha. But yea, I hope someone with a much higher skill than me can take you otherwise I'll be down to try today and/or next week for sure! Assuming you haven't gone already yesterday :p

I am not a fan of nerf things I don't like and would want to see blink be treated equally. What makes it really bad was the shotgun and that's getting addressed.

But it's not about 'oh I don't like this pls nerf', it's the fact that it's clearly better than any other jump in the game for PvP so it gives those who use it an unfair advantage. That shouldn't be. Same reason Thorn needs to be put in the bin. I don't like pulse rifles, but I'm not clamouring for a nerf because they're not OP.

Kyoufu

But it's not about 'oh I don't like this pls nerf', it's the fact that it's clearly better than any other jump in the game for PvP so it gives those who use it an unfair advantage. That shouldn't be. Same reason Thorn needs to be put in the bin. I don't like pulse rifles, but I'm not clamouring for a nerf because they're not OP.

I am. Nerf Pulse Rifles! Hopscotch/Messenger 2op4me

X-Frame

I'm not familiar with the Leaderboards, but is it safe to assume that most of the Hunters and Warlocks are Bladedancers and Voidwalkers respectively, due to Blink? Or is it more mixed?

Last night I checked and there were only 13-15 Titans in the top 100 regardless of platform.

GhaleonEB

Wait,do we have a release date for 2.0?

I thought it's out on TTK release day?

2.0 is a week before, IIRC. The content for TTK will be included; a small patch to activate it will land on the 15th.

I'm hoping it brings out the Taken public events early, as the other pre-expansion updates brought out the Blades and Wolves.

Kyoufu

2.0 is a week before, IIRC. The content for TTK will be included; a small patch to activate it will land on the 15th.

I'm hoping it brings out the Taken public events early, as the other pre-expansion updates brought out the Blades and Wolves.

Will there be Taken PEs on all the planets too? I thought it'd just be on the Dreadnaught thingy.

darthbob

Do we know if the 2.0 update will activate a week prior to TTK or will it be like HoW and download but not activate until the 15th?

I'm guessing the latter.

bitsurugi

Do we know if the 2.0 update will activate a week prior to TTK or will it be like HoW and download but not activate until the 15th?

I'm guessing the latter.

2.0 will be live a week prior to TTK.

Pretty suree we will get the full deal. It's like giving a free sample fix of drugs to a junkie. Bungie knows that, that's why we get the patch & emblems & other goodies then and not 2 months ago.

noomi

I had a whole game plan to beat 3 games before TTK, that went right out the window about a week ago.

Far Cry, batman, and the witcher are crying.

Destiny addiction is strong.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I had a whole game plan to beat 3 games before TTK, that went right out the window about a week ago.

Far Cry, batman, and the witcher are crying.

Destiny addiction is strong.
I'm gonna beat batman noomi, if I don't before the fifteenth I never will. Lol, I gave up on the witcher

GhaleonEB

Will there be Taken PEs on all the planets too? I thought it'd just be on the Dreadnaught thingy.
Luke Smith mentioned in an interview that Wolves events would end and Taken would arrive. No idea if they're on all planets.

I'm guessing the latter.

Bungie said 2.0 would arrive prior to TTK, but I don't think they've specified how close.

Sandbox Designer Jon Weisnewski has been working with our team to restore balance. He’s prepared a comprehensive analysis of all the weapon changes you’ll find in Destiny Update 2.0. The largest update to the Destiny Player experience to date should arrive in September, just before the arrival of The Taken King.

P44

It's too much for a controller based FPS. When somebody can blink behind you there is very little you can do and this is instantaneous. Unlike other jumps, where there's a risk in going over their heads - you can die at any point.

Blink/TLW is still going to be a pain in the ass for example; doesn't mean TLW should be nerfed further in 2.0, the changes are already pretty significant.

E92 M3

Honestly, blink is a good jump, but I'd rather play with normal jump sometimes. It's not that bad if the shotgun is taken away.

It's too much for a controller based FPS. When somebody can blink behind you there is very little you can do and this is instantaneous. Unlike other jumps, where there's a risk in going over their heads - you can die at any point.

Blink/TLW is still going to be a pain in the ass for example; doesn't mean TLW should be nerfed further in 2.0, the changes are already pretty significant.

I guess with blink the best option is to anticipate the trajectory.

Yeah unfortunately I remember that and Grim's laugh in my ear when I got propelled to orbit :p It was so ridiculous I had to laugh.
I got my revenge on Grim though
sneaky repost
:

I just noticed the feed at the bottom left Lol.

Tears of Blood dances with Grimlock33

Grimlock33 died

FyreWulff

There's going to be a week of weirdness where it's TTK sandbox but with 365-equiv max attack weapons and 34 level cap.

It would be hilarious if the Taken PEs were like, all level 38 or something. Entire world getting Queenbreaker Captained for a week.

Top Bottom