• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Hello all~ Hope you're well - I don't post in here often!

Bungie has triggered my OCD with the Moments of Triumph thing and I -need- to complete it before TTK is released. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me get through some of the Crota stuff on hard sometime this week? Maybe from 7pm(GMT) Tuesday or Thursday/Friday?

Here is how I'm doing so far;
t5Z6Ra6.png

Apologies if this isn't where I should be discussing this.

I'm happy to run Crota anytime. Or VoG.

Namikaze1

Can't believe my Thorn in a garbage bin GIF actually got made lol. Props Nami, good stuff.

Next challenge for any bored image editors out there: casket burial for Gjallarhorn and/or Ice Breaker, forever kings of pre-2.0 Destiny.

Not a casket burial but decided to go down a different route. Wanted to keep it in theme with the whole Norse Mythology thing. Thus Viking Funeral! :D

Deku Tree

I think the wolves prowling events are going to be gone once patch 2.0 hits. They will have some new Taken event things going on in the patrol spaces. "The Taken War" or whatever.

I don't know if Bungie cares about having a little bit of "missable grimoire".

Also you can still get treasure keys from running PoE and relying on RNG. If they don't bring the PoE exotics up to year two levels, which I'm guessing they won't, then treasure keys don't really matter for anything anyway.

I wonder if they temporarily remove Brother Vance and Petra from the reef too.

I think the wolves prowling events are going to be gone once patch 2.0 hits. They will have some new Taken event things going on in the patrol spaces. "The Taken War" or whatever.

I don't know if Bungie cares about having "missable grimoire".

Also you can still get treasure keys from running PoE and relying on RNG. If they don't bring the PoE exotics up to year two levels, which I'm guessing they won't, then treasure keys don't really matter for anything anyway.

They may as well remove the whole PoE. The day I do that at any level is a day to soon

LTWood12

Man its 2 weeks now that prison 35 is impossible to do. So infuriating. Its not even fun to play, its just aggravating.

It's really not bad if you have a competent group w/ the right equipment. The Skolas fight is one of the best designed encounters in the game. I love it.

I don't know if Bungie cares about having a little bit of "missable grimoire".

just like the the Summoning of the Sword of Crota in patrol zones

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hello all~ Hope you're well - I don't post in here often!

Bungie has triggered my OCD with the Moments of Triumph thing and I -need- to complete it before TTK is released. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me get through some of the Crota stuff on hard sometime this week? Maybe from 7pm(GMT) Tuesday or Thursday/Friday?

Here is how I'm doing so far;
t5Z6Ra6.png

Apologies if this isn't where I should be discussing this.

Just saw that in the companion app, fuck. How am I going to find a group for Skolas at level 32? This is why I hate the current leveling system and I'm glad they are changing it for TTK.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Just saw that in the companion app, fuck. How am I going to find a group for Skolas at level 32? This is why I hate the current leveling system and I'm glad they are changing it for TTK.
You hate the leveling system that's the easiest it's ever been to level up?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You hate the leveling system that's the easiest it's ever been to level up?

Having leveling progression tied to gear sucks, imo. With TTK you can reach max level by playing normally, but by introducing the new light system the game still caters to those that want to min/max. Best of both worlds.

I haven't done Skolas PoE 35 ever

I will wait to reach Level 40 in TTK then go into PoE 35

Having leveling progression tied to gear sucks, imo. With TTK you can reach max level by playing normally, but by introducing the new light system the game still caters to those that want to min/max. Best of both worlds.
yup, this was pretty much the turn off from raids for me. I only attempted to do the Raids after a DLC was released so I would be strong enough to go into an older raid.

I only Completed Older Raids after that there was a new DLC (Like getting PoE armor to 34 to be able to complete Crota). Or going into VOG multiple times as a 34

noomi

Final three NFs before TTK is launched: (since we have another wheel):

August 25th
The Will of Crota
Angry / Juggler / Void

September 1st
Cerberus Vae III
Arc Burn / Brawler / Solar Burn

September 8th
The Summoning Pits
Void Burn / Solar Burn / Juggler

Will of Crota with void.... eh I guess it shouldn't be that bad. Def my least favorite strike though.

Happy about solar burns though, excuse to use my solar jewel <3

Is there a time limit on the HoW bounties? Or will they show up as soon as I get in the area?

They reset every Tuesday, you have until 5AM EST tomorrow morning to get them done before they reset once more.

ich00

Morning DGaf!

So I've completely bought into the teamwork over skill(mostly) aspect of Trials. This week after running trials with the same 2 other Guardians for the past month or so, everything finally clicked and we made 2 Lighthouse trips out of 3 tries, and will go for trip number 4 tonight!

It took some time for us to all figure out eachother's playstyles, and how we worked in the group and, at least for this map, we worked like a well oiled machine and it felt good.

I will add that one of my friends is a pretty good PvP player, not a carry solo type tho, while my other friend and I are probably more or average catagory. However, we all at varying times had clutch moments, game saving kills, and key super uses.

Espcially after last week where I thought I was done playing in that group, cause we all just couldn't play together, the fun of Trials is restored.

TL:DR - Don't give up in trials with your group of friends, make every round a learning experience, and you too guardian might make it to the Lighthouse without a carry.

Anyone interested in doing skolas with me this afternoon? It's the last thing I need for triumphs; got really close last time, but the mines got us.

LTWood12

You are right. However, your viability in the end-game PvE (Raid) is still going to be determined by your gear.

ITs easy this time, do a 32/24 today for an armour core and etheric light, save the light. Then just do a 32 tomorrow and put the light into whatever you need for 34

stb

Thanks Hay! I was so pumped too, couldn't believe that's what popped when I opened the chest! Rubenov, Drizzay and Wicked are top notch! In ~24 hours I got a Messenger, Scholar and a solar Jewel. Still can't believe it.

BTW, sorry I missed getting in some Trials with you and Spyder yesterday. I left the game running a couple times while I stepped away to do some things and missed the message.

Dang, solar Jewel. I'm jelly, but not "play ToO" jelly.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You are right. However, your viability in the end-game PvE (Raid) is still going to be determined by your gear.
The only caveat to this in how to the taken king is that level difference (atk and defense) pre 2.0 can easily stack to a substantial amount leaving a player severely compromised in regards to what they can do in a raid/level. The new system is better in that those differences are not a wide gap of strength like a level 29 in the hard VoG situation.

LTWood12

He wasnt the only one for us, we were at skolas and they were sending all kinds of yellow captains and others at us the whole time.

Were you doing it in May or early June? Since they patched out the burns, tuned his health, etc. there are no yellow-bar enemies in that encounter. I'm guessing you're talking about round 5 against the Servitor boss.

Top Bottom