• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ocean

Banned
I haven't done Skolas PoE 35 ever

I will wait to reach Level 40 in TTK then go into PoE 35

yup, this was pretty much the turn off from raids for me. I only attempted to do the Raids after a DLC was released so I would be strong enough to go into an older raid.

I only Completed Older Raids after that there was a new DLC (Like getting PoE armor to 34 to be able to complete Crota). Or going into VOG multiple times as a 34
To be honest the numbers are just an arbitrary indication. Heroic Crota's End is perfectly tuned to be ran with a team of 32s. The Skolas fight is tuned to be doable by a team of 34s.

Failure in either encounter has less to do with damage output or survivable damage intake than communication and coordination.

Being a level under just means that, like the hardest content in any game ever, enemies are tougher and you're weaker.

Doesn't make it unfair, the difficulty is well balanced in terms of damage. The fight goes like clockwork and is pretty fun if the team is coordinated.

Were you doing it in May or early June? Since they patched out the burns, tuned his health, etc. there are no yellow-bar enemies in that encounter. I'm guessing you're talking about round 5 against the Servitor boss.

Oh yes, you might be right, that was the round before. Anywho, we couldnt do it.

Daemul

I'm not familiar with the Leaderboards, but is it safe to assume that most of the Hunters and Warlocks are Bladedancers and Voidwalkers respectively, due to Blink? Or is it more mixed?

Last night I checked and there were only 13-15 Titans in the top 100 regardless of platform.

Nah, the top Warlock players play as Sunsingers, it has much more powerful(read:broken) abilities than the Voidwalker does.

Tired. So tired. It's been days of trying to grind that gjallahorn and doing bounties. Just three slots left, but... God, this game can be so painful when you need to go on a grind. Not to mention trying to raise reputation with Crota's Bane to level 3. I'm going to be so happy when I run out of plus subscription or I go back to the books...

anx10us

Banned
Thank you for the VOG run guys.

Had some fun. :)

Enjoyed the run through, the fact that I killed myself with the Gallahorn inside, behind to the side and generally everywhere the damn bubble was, noob power ftw ..

Now I need a POE fix later, lvl 32 to start ...

I am not a fan of nerf things I don't like and would want to see blink be treated equally. What makes it really bad was the shotgun and that's getting addressed.

fairest way to deal witih blink is for Bungie to cut their losses and remove it from the game, or at least make it exclusive to the Warlock subclass. it's too much on a Hunter and the shotgun nerf isn't going to change much on its own

Mupod

SEXY Clash matches last night have left me dead tired at work today. 3 hours of sleep is not enough apparently

I wish I could've gone even longer but yeah I get up at stupid o'clock on weekdays so I made do with like 5 hours. I still have my workout to get through when I get home. Thankfully our office has a badass espresso machine which I will be visiting several more times today.

I am surprised how fast I took to Messenger since I never used pulse rifles at all in this game, let alone in PVP. I might like it better than Thorn. Still undecided which scope to use but I think I prefer snapshot over red dot since it takes up less screen space and seems to have better autoaim.

LTWood12

This is the week. I can feel it in my bones.

science and ltwood are going to carry me to Triumph. =)

I'd be willing to run it with you and science if LT can't do it.

All about controlling when the ads spawn. Once you get that down you're three biggest threats are:

-forgetting to communicate your essence timer (there's always a couple of deaths because of this)
-Bad RNG when the 1st set of mines spawns. Still doable, but if you're all on the far side of A it gets pretty hairy.
-Impatience. A good bit of the encounter is spent running laps around the arena. Have to know when to engage and when to get the fuck out of there.

stb

I'd be willing to run it with you and science if LT can't do it. I need all the points I can get for my Cipher.

Thanks! I'm sure you guys will make sure I won't have a hard time getting a team together that can easily do it.

On a related note, thanks Lnkn52 for getting me added to the GLord list in the OP! I never thought I'd platinum any game, let alone something like Destiny, but thanks to my great raiding group it just sort of happened. Pleasure playing with you guys for the last year.

EDIT: I really need to set an avatar so I don't have to have the douchebag icon in that list =\

All about controlling when the ads spawn. Once you get that down you're three biggest threats are:

-forgetting to communicate your essence timer (there's always a couple of deaths because of this)
-Bad RNG when the 1st set of mines spawns. Still doable, but if you're all on the far side of A it gets pretty hairy.
-Impatience. A good bit of the encounter is spent running laps around the arena. Have to know when to engage and when to get the fuck out of there.

I'm pretty good at the "mechanics" stuff, I'm just not that good at the whole "making my hands do the things they need to in order to execute what I want to have happen" part. I'm hoping that since this encounter is arguably the most mechanics-driven in the game, it'll be up my alley.

As I've said before, and am certain I'm at risk sounding like a broken record about, I'm super paranoid about getting stuck in a 4+ hour slog, not finishing it, and having that huge bummer sour my attitude toward the game going into the pre-TTK patch.

I don't really THINK that'll happen, I'm just paranoid about it. Hence my wanting to stack the deck with people that see it more as a formality/forgone conclusion.

GutZ31

you forgot one.
-Everyone die, and have the Warlock save the bacon.

Bogeypop

Trying to do the impossible and get my lvl 30 alt Hunter geared in time for PoE and ToO goodies before reset tonight.

I know it's probably a long shot to ask early in the morning on a weekday, but anyone up for Crota NM?

X-Frame

Yesterday I had several good back-to-back Rumble games as a Defender Titan. Here are 2 I managed to copy from the PS4, both just around 5 minutes each. Not the best competition admittedly.

Rumble on Twilight Gap (11.00 KDR, geez)
http://youtu.be/MM3dIGZjZR8

Rumble on Blind Watch (Joined late too)
http://youtu.be/OFT2zHNrvxk

First time wearing the Feedback Fence gauntlets too. Surprising they seemed to complement this build well, from the signature perk to a melee kills further increasing the super recharge.

ocean

Banned
I'm not familiar with the Leaderboards, but is it safe to assume that most of the Hunters and Warlocks are Bladedancers and Voidwalkers respectively, due to Blink? Or is it more mixed?

Last night I checked and there were only 13-15 Titans in the top 100 regardless of platform.
Sunsingers actually. They lack blink but their abilities are otherwise insane.

Firebolt Grenade + Touch of Flame + Viking Funeral let's you tag 1-3 players at range with a sick damage/DoT combination that brings them to the brink of death, blocks their recovery for a long time, and gives you damage ticks for location tracking. The melee attack, which has stupid range, grants you Flame Shield *on hit*, not on kill. This makes outboxing a Sunsinger impossible for most practical purposes. Then there's Radiance, which coupled with Radiant Skin makes them ridiculously powerful - they can tank tons of damage, can kill you with a single melee, can spam grenades which will barbecue you to death, and will make orbs for their team no matter how they get a kill (whether it's abilities or just weapons).

EloquentM

aka Mannny
What are the most useless exotics that bungie needs to revamp in year two (that hasn't been announced/leaked yet?)

My vote goes for:

Weapon: hard light
Armor: ATS/8 ARACHNID

Dave_6

Thanks! I'm sure you guys will make sure I won't have a hard time getting a team together that can easily do it.

On a related note, thanks Lnkn52 for getting me added to the GLord list in the OP! I never thought I'd platinum any game, let alone something like Destiny, but thanks to my great raiding group it just sort of happened. Pleasure playing with you guys for the last year.

Like LT said, the biggest problem I had was forgetting to look at my essence timer. It can get hectic especially during mines and you'll forget to check it. Other than that, it really isn't that bad and is a well done encounter which I'd never thought I'd say.

It's been fun for sure doing our Tuesday night shenanigans! Let's hope the new raid is something else and we can attempt it together the first time. Probably would be crazy if we go in blind to it.

Skele7on

Banned
No I'm just answering his question. I'm pretty sure they're only worth 2500 xp. Not really worth starting an argument over.

However, if I were to claim I had an inside source that absolutely guaranteed they were worth 2500 and had no other way to prove it, I could see that as being something worth discussing. I'll leave it at that though, because I can see where this is headed.

heh, I spoke to people who were at gamescom and chatted a lot to guys regarding the changes and also said this time that this was really subject to change as a final decision has been made, I am actually tired of defending my position to numerous people so will refrain from saying anything in the future as it's often ignored when I get anything and I only seem to get the shit stick from everyone when my information is incorrect ;)

cool.

SkylineRKR

What are the most useless exotics that bungie needs to revamp in year two (that hasn't been announced/leaked yet?)

My vote goes for:

Weapon: hard light
Armor: ATS/8 ARACHNID

Hard Light was promised to get a buff. I believe they'll up the stability (though its already maxed with the right setup?). And no drop off or something. It might become the best AR.

Arachnid has no place I think. I don't see how they're going to buff that POS. Nighthawk and Symbiote cover the GG well enough already. Maybe change it into something worthwhile for the Void class.

So excited for The Taken King!

I wonder how the launch will roll out?

I remember Destiny servers went live as soon as the first area in the world could buy it (New Zealand)

I will assume it's the same for TTK?

GutZ31

So excited for The Taken King!

I wonder how the launch will roll out?

I remember Destiny servers went live as soon as the first area in the world could buy it (New Zealand)

I will assume it's the same for TTK?

We will likely get update 2.0 hours or days before TTK, then TTK will unlock for the NZ time zone first like usual.

Lmao I need to add most of you but I don't want to destroy everyone's radar.

A little late on this but yes, one of the most hated things in the game for me. I don't get how after all this time the radar is still in the position where the messages pop up. I guess not enough people use radar to make a big enough stink about it. You would think with all the fuss people make about dying in pvp a message popping up over your radar would be high on the list. Where the fuck did he come from, oh right, there's a bunch of messages blocking my fucking radar so I couldn't see.

SpecX

WARLOCK JUMPS
They just don't work.

This is the truth. I love the standard jumps on my Hunter, especially now with the added jump due to bones and have mastered the Titan jump and redirect knee to the face, but my Warlock has the worse "jump" if they can even call it that.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Hard Light was promised to get a buff. I believe they'll up the stability (though its already maxed with the right setup?). And no drop off or something. It might become the best AR.
I'm talking moreso perk modification. There's nothing special perk wise about hard light (sans ricocheting bullets) and arachnid helm is just disappointing all around (enhanced aim assist for a super that has amazing aim assist already?).

darthbob

This is the truth. I love the standard jumps on my Hunter, especially now with the added jump due to bones and have mastered the Titan jump and redirect knee to the face, but my Warlock has the worse "jump" if they can even call it that.

I mean, it's really just a Glide, not even hardly a 'jump'.

Titans get a freaking jetpack, Hunters get double and triple jumps, but Warlocks just get this lazy ass glide descent thing...

Just use Blink.

GutZ31

Titans get a freaking jetpack, Hunters get double and triple jumps, but Warlocks just get this lazy ass glide descent thing...

Just use Blink.

WARLOCK JUMP
The Filthy Casual Jump.
Confirmed by Deej.

So I was using Bad Juju a lot in crucible last night. Anyone else hoping that Bungie fixes/addresses it's auto reloading perk? What I mean is, since it's a pulse rifle, a lot of times you will get the kill with the first or second shot from your 3 shot burst. This means that when it auto reloads, it will more than likely reload to 22 or 23 shots, not the full 24. Just seems kind of weird.

Homeboyd

heh, I spoke to people who were at gamescom and chatted a lot to guys regarding the changes and also said this time that this was really subject to change as a final decision has been made, I am actually tired of defending my position to numerous people so will refrain from saying anything in the future as it's often ignored when I get anything and I only seem to get the shit stick from everyone when my information is incorrect ;)

cool.
It's all good man. Historically, if someone posts something that is "guaranteed 100% accurate" from an "insider" or similar, usually GAF mods will ask you to verify it to them. This wasn't really on that scale.. I was just curious where you got the info you were relaying here, especially now since it didn't turn out to be accurate. No worries... I would just expect the same sort of response from Gaffers and mods in the future should others make those types of posts confirming otherwise unknown things like that.

SpecX

Just use Blink.

Everytime I've used it, I feel it's a "float in the air and become an easy target". They need to speed it up and then I think it will be useful, but yeah Blink is where it's at unless you're using the solar class.

kidko

The warlock jump is only bad when you do it wrong. If you are too used to the other two and have developed muscle memory, you'll likely get the lock jump wrong for a while.

All you gotta do is hit the jump button twice in quick succession. That's it. Just hit it twice quickly.

GutZ31

So I was using Bad Juju a lot in crucible last night. Anyone else hoping that Bungie fixes/addresses it's auto reloading perk? What I mean is, since it's a pulse rifle, a lot of times you will get the kill with the first or second shot from your 3 shot burst. This means that when it auto reloads, it will more than likely reload to 22 or 23 shots, not the full 24. Just seems kind of weird.

The gun reloads on the kill of the target.

2 bursts usually kills small mobs, or PvP headshots in crucible.
That is 6 bullets fired.
out of those 6 bullets, 4~5 usually kill the small mobs/guardians.
that means the last 1~2 bullets are still fired after its already reloaded.

therefore 22~23 reloads out of 24 mag.

Top Bottom