• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Skele7on

Banned
It's all good man. Historically, if someone posts something that is "guaranteed 100% accurate" from an "insider" or similar, usually GAF mods will ask you to verify it to them. This wasn't really on that scale.. I was just curious where you got the info you were relaying here, especially now since it didn't turn out to be accurate. No worries... I would just expect the same sort of response from Gaffers and mods in the future should others make those types of posts confirming otherwise unknown things like that.

Yes I totally agree, I genuinely was also shocked when the twitch event was live and they actually had changed the idea of all year one weapons being upgrades for year 2. As at the time speaking to several of the guys who were there ( okey, moreconsole, inside destiny) amongst some of the people I asked they were assured that these weapons would be upgradable but it was still up in the air, probably after the comment I got from cozmo I should have been probably a bit more tactful of what was actually going on behind the scenes, I do however only ask them as I wish to give you guys info, I don't really get anything from doing it and ultimately put myself open for bans/trouble. So as I said previously it's a dangerous and often non rewarding thing to do.

But I'm fairlyyyy sure that the ban I recently received wasn't for a destiny thread.

I'm talking moreso perk modification. There's nothing special perk wise about hard light (sans ricocheting bullets) and arachnid helm is just disappointing all around (enhanced aim assist for a super that has amazing aim assist already?).

It also increases the range of your GG, allowing to deal more damage at a distance (according to this post on Reddit)

Looking for a third for PoE 35, first timers hunting their triumph welcome, I can explain the fight. (But please be 34 with 365 weapons and a mic!)

Psn Teasing_Pink

Edit: Found our third

j-wood

Anyone want to try and beat Crota on normal mode tonight? I was in a group that got all the way to Crota and then fell apart. Playing on PS4.

The gun reloads on the kill of the target.

2 bursts usually kills small mobs, or PvP headshots in crucible.
That is 6 bullets fired.
out of those 6 bullets, 4~5 usually kill the small mobs/guardians.
that means the last 1~2 bullets are still fired after its already reloaded.

therefore 22~23 reloads out of 24 mag.

Exactly. I hate that. As a habitual relaoder, this puts me at a disadvantage when I get a kill. Now I'm stuck in a reload animation when another player walks around the corner. It's very difficult to unlearn a habit like that, especially when it's only for one gun in a game where habitual reloading works for every other gun.

Basically what I'm saying is, Bad Juju should reload after your burst fires, giving you a full reload every single time.

E92 M3

fairest way to deal witih blink is for Bungie to cut their losses and remove it from the game, or at least make it exclusive to the Warlock subclass. it's too much on a Hunter and the shotgun nerf isn't going to change much on its own

I am never a fan of limiting options, and blink is a unique jump exclusive to Destiny.

The warlock jump is only bad when you do it wrong. If you are too used to the other two and have developed muscle memory, you'll likely get the lock jump wrong for a while.

All you gotta do is hit the jump button twice in quick succession. That's it. Just hit it twice quickly.

I actually love the Warlock jump a lot - gives you tons of new angles to approach encounters with.

Nuszka

Going to see Vacation in the cinema in a bit. Anyone seen it? Should i stay away? Wife for some reason wants to watch it, most likely to see Thor in briefs haha.
Btw I'm still on topic: Thor>Hammer>Sunbreaker>Titan>Destiny.
Just in case.

darthbob

I like the warlock jump....

I'm sorry.

I will contend that a Warlock gliding downward from a high point looks graceful as fuck, so that they got them going for them.

Man when was the last time an exotic weapon dropped for you in a non-Raid event?

Seems like its been a long long time. Like months.

Yesterday, PoE 28, opened a chest with a key and got the Radiant Dance Machines. I don't even run a Hunter lol

ich00

No you don't.

HaHa. I'm not sure if it's because I started on a Warlock, and my first VoG experience the group I ran it with made me learn all the jumping parts on my own (including something where we jumped on a pillar to kill the templar, never seen it done that was since), however I don't hate it like a lot of people do. I'm actually better at precision jumping with my Warlock then Hunter or Titan.

Man when was the last time an exotic weapon dropped for you in a non-Raid event?

Seems like its been a long long time. Like months.

i got a Hard Light drop in Dragon Strikes last night

I was just doing the Strikes because I used my Marks on Mats and wanted to refill my Marks back to 200

pop, Hard Light

ich00

Anyone want to try and beat Crota on normal mode tonight? I was in a group that got all the way to Crota and then fell apart. Playing on PS4.

What time are you looking to do it? We could do a normal and/or hard crota run depending on the time.

The Hunter Jump does what you want it to. It's quick and responsive and gets you onto things effortlessly. It also lets you shoot immediately after jumping, unlike the other two.

The Titan Lift either lets you fly up very high or boost forward very fast. As everyone already knows by now, the trick is to use it just before you hit the ground to propel yourself in any direction. Aside from the weapon readiness, it's easily the best jump in the game.

As for the Warlock Glide, the triple-tap bunny hop will let you move almost as well as Titans. Sunsingers have good maneuverability in the air for throwing nades. Voidwalkers on the other hand should just be using Blink.

Hopping between the classes, the one that's always the most difficult to get back to is the Hunter jump. The Warlock and Titan use very similar muscle memory, but with the Hunter you don't want to double or triple tap unless you're making a short jump.

#BumperJumperMasterRace

I am never a fan of limiting options, and blink is a unique jump exclusive to Destiny.

Sage Merrill brought it with him from Shadowrun.

I just want it removed from the Hunter class. It makes no sense. Warlocks are the "Space Magic" class and Blink serves as a perfect tier 3 jump for them since they have the slowest default jump.

FyreWulff

So I was using Bad Juju a lot in crucible last night. Anyone else hoping that Bungie fixes/addresses it's auto reloading perk? What I mean is, since it's a pulse rifle, a lot of times you will get the kill with the first or second shot from your 3 shot burst. This means that when it auto reloads, it will more than likely reload to 22 or 23 shots, not the full 24. Just seems kind of weird.

I don't think they will, it's a result of their engine doing everything 'for real'.

Just like Halo, you can interrupt shot bursts with a melee. You can use this in Halo 3 to only fire one bullet at a time out of a BR. And you can still do this in Destiny with Bad Juju.

lt519

I think I'm going to max out my marks, fill up on 5k bounties (one short on my Hunter), run a couple weekly's for coins, and then call it until TTK. Need a calm before the storm and Super Mario Maker is going to get played to death the weekend before release. Need about 25 crucible on two characters, 18 vanguard on one, and 127 vanguard on another (not sure I'm hitting 127 vanguard marks).

GhaleonEB

heh, I spoke to people who were at gamescom and chatted a lot to guys regarding the changes and also said this time that this was really subject to change as a final decision has been made, I am actually tired of defending my position to numerous people so will refrain from saying anything in the future as it's often ignored when I get anything and I only seem to get the shit stick from everyone when my information is incorrect ;)

cool.

I don't know what this particular post is about, but as a general rule, don't post second hand information on if you are not confident in it. If you do, just say where you heard it, so folks have context. Anything else is rumormongering.

If you don't want to be held accountable for your "sources", then don't post your information, especially with such a high degree of certitude. You've guaranteed several things that have not come to pass.
Yes I totally agree, I genuinely was also shocked when the twitch event was live and they actually had changed the idea of all year one weapons being upgrades for year 2. As at the time speaking to several of the guys who were there ( okey, moreconsole, inside destiny) amongst some of the people I asked they were assured that these weapons would be upgradable but it was still up in the air, probably after the comment I got from cozmo I should have been probably a bit more tactful of what was actually going on behind the scenes, I do however only ask them as I wish to give you guys info, I don't really get anything from doing it and ultimately put myself open for bans/trouble. So as I said previously it's a dangerous and often non rewarding thing to do.

But I'm fairlyyyy sure that the ban I recently received wasn't for a destiny thread.
Yep. Between things changing and information morphing as it passes through sources, it's not a good idea and only spreads misinformation.

E92 M3

I just want it removed from the Hunter class. It makes no sense. Warlocks are the "Space Magic" class and Blink serves as a perfect tier 3 jump for them since they have the slowest default jump.

Ah, yes forgot about that wonderful game. I'd be okay with making it a Warlock exclusive.

Tjamato88

God I loved that game. Best competitive console shooter since Halo.

Kyoufu

Given the number of people playing Bladedancers in Crucible, I'm not sure if Bungie could handle the overflowing salt mines coming out of the player base if Hunters couldn't Blink.

Given the number of people playing Bladedancers in Crucible, I'm not sure if Bungie could handle the overflowing salt mines coming out of the player base if Hunters couldn't Blink.

I play as a Bladedancer in PvP and I don't even use blink. I hate that cheesy crap. If they got rid of it completely I'd be so happy.

Bungie said they don't want there to be one way to win. Up until Ram + Sunsinger, Bladedancer has (and still is) the main way to win. It's too early to say how much the game will truly improve without having seen the changes to Blink or the rest of the classes. But they would have saved themselves the headache of redesigning it if they just removed it from the Hunters.

Every single time I've beaten Skolas, my fireteam always triggered the first dismantle mines stage right as a Sunsinger took the essence and he would proceed to run to the far mine and accept death, self revive and reunite. By the time Skolas taints another guardian the dismantle mines stage is over.

Kyoufu

Bungie said they don't want there to be one way to win. Up until Ram + Sunsinger, Bladedancer has (and still is) the main way to win.

Yeah but the salt man. The salt. People will have to resort to actual skill instead of double tapping X and shooting their shotgun. :p

Remember when people were like ~wtf Bungie wtf~ when they announced the Weapons 2.0 nerfs? I imagine current Bladeboys will be angry on that level for some silly reason.

I play as a Bladedancer in PvP and I don't even use blink. I hate that cheesy crap. If they got rid of it completely I'd be so happy.

Eh, why not use Blink?

Yeah but the salt man. The salt. People will have to resort to actual skill instead of double tapping X and shooting their shotgun. :p

Remember when people were like ~wtf Bungie wtf~ when they announced the Weapons 2.0 nerfs? I imagine current Bladeboys will be angry on that level for some silly reason.

It's been a year. Let the salt runeth over.

I admittedly wasn't too keen on the 2.0 changes until I realized what they were actually doing. I thought they were going to decrease the magazine sizes on all of the hand cannons and I feared TLW would end up with 6 rounds or something. But I realized recently that they're only doing it to the new weapons so that the stat bonuses for increasing magazine size are more desirable.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

I'm interested if you are willing to put up with a noob on CE, I have never run it.

Top Bottom