• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

noomi

During lunch? Where's your Vita at, son?

So happy Voidfangs are carrying over to Taken King. Bye bye Ram.

Yeah, I work pretty close so I'll go home make some food and mess fools up in crucible for 30min :p

I stopped taking my vita to work, if I don't leave here for lunch it means no lunch.

I say remove blink and replace it with a catapult-like jump.

Ahhh yes, I can see the reddit posts now "FU BUNGE, Y YU BRK GAEM!!11!"

Alright went home during lunch and bought a ton of boots from the trials vendors, they are only 250glimmer each :eek:

Ended up with over 200 hadronic essence, and called it quits as I didn't want to exhaust all of my funds. Should be set to level 2 more pieces of exotic gear with it now :D

Voidfang Vestments and HoTPF are both done. Starting to like the warlock more and more

*edit*

true top, don't be fooled by the fake tops

Warlock da besss. Need TTK to be excited about this game again tho. :/

Tjamato88

Do you have the vex mythoclast? It trivializes that bounty.

If not, just wake the hive as suggested above.
Nope I don't have that one unfortunately. Only two exotics to my name. Gjallarhorn and Bones of Eao.

I've been using the legendary one that Eris gives you.

void666

Banned
Focused burst is the only viable option for sunsingers. The other ones are too slow.
With focused burst i can skate around almost like a titan.

Rehsa

SEXY Clash matches last night have left me dead tired at work today. 3 hours of sleep is not enough apparently

I wish I could've gone even longer but yeah I get up at stupid o'clock on weekdays so I made do with like 5 hours. I still have my workout to get through when I get home. Thankfully our office has a badass espresso machine which I will be visiting several more times today.
I feel you, I got through my workout with this
hero_can_flat.png
Speaking of, since I saw cans are no longer 7-11 exclusive, I found some at my grocery store so I will pay the code I got from Queen B
aybe
forward, PM me for it.
And also speaking of, awesome job Kadey :) Have some light

noomi

I gotta say i rerolled Titan for the hammer.

Paladin here i cooooommeeeeee!

Also have the best PvP tactic troll planned. Stay tuned for TTK

Yas! OP Warlock Melee FTW!

After running 3 hunters for as long as I did, playing the other two classes was a breath of fresh air for me.

Things I've learned:

- Titan melee sucks
- Warlock melee is amazeballs
- Titan jump is good
- Warlock jump is..... not so good
- I suck with nova bomb
- Punching things is pretty funny
- Fist of havoc is intense
- Axion bolts lol
- Lightning nades lol
- Shoulder charge lol
- Bubble is good
- Self revive for dayyyyzzzz

Tecnniqe

Banned
I feel you, I got through my workout with this

Speaking of, since I saw cans are no longer 7-11 exclusive, I found some at my grocery store so I will pay the code I got from Queen B
aybe
forward, PM me for it.

And also speaking of, awesome job Kadey :) Have some light

tumblr_inline_n2lvov6Hr41qi53we.gif

Thanks and congrats to you. Hope you bought the gjallarhorn too last week :p

Vacation was awesome. Spending few days with family now, then I'll return to Melbourne and be back on Destiny from the 29th.

Heck yah! I bought 4! Lol. One for each character and then one to just dismantle for the hell of it :)

Funny thing is, a few days after I bought it, I got it to finally drop at Deathsinger...
Just my luck lol.

Glad your coming back on the 29th! I am taking sep 14th-18th off from Work for TTK. I had tons of vacation time so I said why not!?

ocean

Banned
After running 3 hunters for as long as I did, playing the other two classes was a breath of fresh air for me.

Things I've learned:

- Titan melee sucks
- Titan jump is good
- I suck with nova bomb
- Axion bolts lol
- Lightning nades lol
- Shoulder charge lol
- Bubble is good
Your post lacks barbecue.

Firebolt. Touch of Flame. Viking Funeral. Radiant Skin. 100% Doscipline.

Cook everyone to death. HotPF actually shines best when you use Touch of Flame instead of double nades btw, it feels dirty.

I can't wait for the new supers for PvP. Titan and Warlock supers right now require too much luck since they are AoE whereas the hunter supers you can make stuff happen and chase people down.

Focused burst is the only viable option for sunsingers. The other ones are too slow.
With focused burst i can skate around almost like a titan.

That's so funny, you made me snort my beer.

Heck yah! I bought 4! Lol. One for each character and then one to just dismantle for the hell of it :)

Funny thing is, a few days after I bought it, I got it to finally drop at Deathsinger...
Just my luck lol.

Glad your coming back on the 29th! I am taking sep 14th-18th off from Work for TTK. I had tons of vacation time so I said why not!?

Haha that's the way to go..and it's not luck, just how rng works I this game.

E92 M3

Things I've learned:

- Titan melee sucks
- Titan jump is good
- I suck with nova bomb
- Axion bolts lol
- Lightning nades lol
- Shoulder charge lol
- Bubble is good

Playing with other classes has made Destiny so much better for me!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Smh. Speaking ill of your hunter overlords
Im sorry i cant hear you over my bubbles and space magic.

Things I've learned:

- Titan melee sucks
- Titan jump is good
- I suck with nova bomb
- Axion bolts lol
- Lightning nades lol
- Shoulder charge lol
- Bubble is good
Charge alone is worth it. Love that thing.
Knee + Face = Raggetyragdoll

Bogeypop

Whats the consensus on the best grenade for locks?

Firebolt Grenade with Touch of Flame is what I've heard for Sunsinger PvP anyways. If you don't kill them with the DOT you can at least have an idea where they're running off to when they're wounded.

j-wood

No worries, I'll bring a friend. Do you want to run the sword? If not no biggie either.

To be fair, when we beat it on hard mode was the first time I've run crota, so I probably shouldn't sword. I do have the basics of the fight down though. My PSN is j-wood. I also do have a rocket launcher I can use.

X-Frame

Pretty awesome video from reddit!

"What you can kill wearing Peregrine Greaves" : YouTube Link

Cliff Notes: Almost everything, haha.

Damn. I love those boots. I haven't taken mine off when I go Striker. I don't even remember when the ground-based shoulder charge animation looks like anymore -- I always jump to activate the Tiger Knee of Justice.

FyreWulff

Whoa, Destiny just hard crashed on my PS4.

And then it popped up a debug thing to send a bug report to Sony, and even gave me an option to include a video clip of the crash, which I did. Neat?

Tecnniqe

Banned
How much did Praedyth bribe you with?
$_35.JPG

I always wanted one of these, but alas VoG drop rates are abysmal.
Mmm ive still not been blessed by the Mytho. But this'll do :)
Whoa, Destiny just hard crashed on my PS4.

And then it popped up a debug thing to send a bug report to Sony, and even gave me an option to include a video clip of the crash, which I did. Neat?

Did you forget the update?
zNLkZ7i.gif

There is an update

FyreWulff

$_35.JPG

Mmm ive still not been blessed by the Mytho. But this'll do :)

Did you forget the update?
zNLkZ7i.gif

There is an update

Fully updated. It didn't take down the PS4 OS itself, just Destiny.

Had to check a couple of boxes saying "blah blah i know i'm sending potentially private date to Sony" as I did it

ich00

To be fair, when we beat it on hard mode was the first time I've run crota, so I probably shouldn't sword. I do have the basics of the fight down though. My PSN is j-wood. I also do have a rocket launcher I can use.

Gotcha, no problem! If you want to give it a whirl just to see what it's like, I'd be all for it. Running sword is a fun rush.

You should try and sign up for Hawkian's newbie raid, he does an awesome job explaining everything and does no pressure sword school, so you can learn it.

I sent you a FR, just shoot me a psn message when you're ready later.

j-wood

Gotcha, no problem! If you want to give it a whirl just to see what it's like, I'd be all for it. Running sword is a fun rush.

You should try and sign up for Hawkian's newbie raid, he does an awesome job explaining everything and does no pressure sword school, so you can learn it.

I sent you a FR, just shoot me a psn message when you're ready later.

Thanks man! Just accepted it. Is there a thread for the newbie raid stuff?

Hopefully I get an exotic drop. I've played Destiny since day 1, and I think i've gotten 3 all time :(

Everything else I've had to xur

Spoo

Well GAF, it's been 3 weeks or so since I came back into the fold, and it's been quite the success story I think. Not as big a one as some I've seen, but my personal progress has been huge thanks to dgaf.

Came back in with nothing more than a level 29 Warlock, and having finished only VoG on normal. None of the expansion content, no Crota raid, neither on hard difficulty, never touched PoE...

Now, thanks to everyone here, I have a level 34 Titan and level 33 Warlock (can be 34, if I spend an etheric), have completed both VoG and Crota on NM and HM, finished PoE up to level 34, and have all but the PoE 35 done for my triumphs in Year 1. Oh yeah, and thanks to Rubenov + JGW, I went to Mercury.

I'm actually blown away by my progress, but I know I couldn't have done it without y'all. Huge shoutouts to Hawkian, who sherpa'd my first Crota, and especially Chur who has been awesome, and everyone else. I'm still not done, but it's a testament to this community that I even have a chance.

E92 M3

Bungie a mistake with Rift where I can just avoid the objective and get kills with still being able to win the game. We need a pure objective game like CTF or assault where ONLY the object leads to a win.

E92 M3

Headquarter mode please.

I have a feeling Bungie is trying to keep Destiny as simple as possible because they know how the general population is like. That said, objective mode was always a fun playlist in Halo.

And yes, HQ was always so much fun in 4 and MW2.

Fuck, I miss MW2 and 4.

Top Bottom