• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Tecnniqe

Banned
I have a feeling Bungie is trying to keep Destiny as simple as possible because they know how the general population is like. That said, objective mode was always a fun playlist in Halo.

And yes, HQ was always so much fun in 4 and MW2.

Fuck, I miss MW2 and 4.

HQ and SnD was good times.

Plis Bunghie. Gief modes.

zewone

Wut?
xTiTnFwkzH8I1QBKOQ.gif

I ascended my P Foil a couple weeks ago. That thing is a beast. I mainly want the Timepiece to complete my collection but I also heard its pretty good in Crucible.

Yes, but their goal with rift was to make a unique objective type game. They didn't really do that because the majority will still go for kills.
You get to many points from the rift to really matter from small kills. That's at least what Iv seen from the footage Iv been watching.

Game type will be a blast with full teams.

zewone

I ascended my P Foil a couple weeks ago. That thing is a beast. I mainly want the Timepiece to complete my collection but I also heard its pretty good in Crucible.

Timepiece might be the best pulse rifle in PVP. If it had full auto it would definitely be.

Headseeker for the extra damage.
Secret Round so it basically turns 10 bursts into 15 bursts, which is ridiculous.
Perfect Balance.
Great sights too.

I fucked up. Thought it was a picture of Omingul.
Also looks like something straight outta Dark Souls.

I thought it was Omnigul at first as well. Didn't make the dark souls connection till you mentioned it but you couldn't be more right. That looks like the nasty black Knight equivalent you'd see in a Sci-fi souls game.

E92 M3

You get to many points from the rift to really matter from small kills. That's at least what Iv seen from the footage Iv been watching.

Game type will be a blast with full teams.

I think a team can just always sit back and slay will win most of the time. There is not enough importance on scoring the rift (based on what the red bull exhibition match showed). I think Bungie wants to make sure that everyone gets a participation trophy in some way.

Cliff Notes: Almost everything, haha.

Damn. I love those boots. I haven't taken mine off when I go Striker. I don't even remember when the ground-based shoulder charge animation looks like anymore -- I always jump to activate the Tiger Knee of Justice.

Drop rates for those must be extremely low, I have never seen them in game, forgot they even existed.

Definitely need more objective based games. Rift sounds like a great time.

That being said, Post-TTK release/Destiny 2 needs to have custom games and more game types. We need a sword battle mode.

Kalamari

My favorite objective gametype was Team Flag in H3. 5 players on midsize maps, was tons of fun. Unfortunately, it was only offered on Double XP weekends.

I agree with earlier posts from this morning. We should have 1 thread only and it should get moved to the Gaming side first, with the changes and whatnot. Then moved back here after whatever period. 2 threads would be too much to go back and forth on.

my thoughts on the only 2 options:
1) Go there temp and come back here after a while
2) Stay here

WipedOut

Timepiece might be the best pulse rifle in PVP. If it had full auto it would definitely be.

Headseeker for the extra damage.
Secret Round so it basically turns 10 bursts into 15 bursts, which is ridiculous.
Perfect Balance.
Great sights too.

I just got it for the first time this past week, will have to try it out.

I think a team can just always sit back and slay will win most of the time. There is not enough importance on scoring the rift (based on what the red bull exhibition match showed). I think Bungie wants to make sure that everyone gets a participation trophy in some way.
Then all they need to do is reduce kill points and up Rift points. I agree that they probably should be no points for kills. Or maybe only the rift carrier gets points for kills.
But I don't really see it going to be that much of a problem in the end.

Anyone wants to do a VoG HM run today?

Also, I've only done HM. Should I try NM? Are drops different? All I want is the Vex Mythoclast and more of KABR's gear. (maybe some Preadyth's weapons too)

1. Marco_Tovarich (PSN)

E92 M3

Then all they need to do is reduce kill points and up Rift points. I agree that they probably should be no points for kills. Or maybe only the rift carrier gets points for kills.
But I don't really see it going to be that much of a problem in the end.

They might have to, because as of now sitting back and killing seems to be very viable. I was hoping only scored points would count for winning, but I honestly think Bungie is scared about making something too intricate for the general public.

kennyadr

Neo Member
Anyone looking for a reliable teammate for Skolas? or 3 man flawless raider Crota normal?

PSN: kennyadr

Looking to finish year one before the expansion :)

What pvp mode isn't :p

Other than Rumble but that mode alone has issues. Spawn and dead within a second at times, to name 1 haha.

I can chill out in control or clash and have a good time. I think most players know what to do, win or lose your still playing the game. Rift looks like it has to be massively coordinated. which is awesome.

They might have to, because as of now sitting back and killing seems to be very viable. I was hoping only scored points would count for winning, but I honestly think Bungie is scared about making something too intricate for the general public.
It really sucks for more competitive players of Destiny. That it really seems like pvp isn't really taken as seriously as it should be by the Destiny team.

Hell we can't even get the basics of custom games/private games. Still makin me salty.

zewone

I can chill out in control or clash and have a good time. I think most players know what to do, win or lose your still playing the game. Rift looks like it has to be massively coordinated. which is awesome.

Control or Clash is extremely frustrating.

Instead of dealing with one or two players who are bad/don't know what they're doing, you're upping the ante to 5(!).

Top Bottom