• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

E92 M3

It really sucks for more competitive players of Destiny. That it really seems like pvp isn't really taken as seriously as it should be by the Destiny team.

Hell we can't even get the basics of custom games/private games. Still makin me salty.

Yeah, it's unfortunate Lars doesn't want to take it serious.

Control or Clash is extremely frustrating.

Instead of dealing with one or two players who are bad/don't know what they're doing, you're upping the ante to 5(!).

I play control and clash casually having a lot of fun just killing dudes.

zewone

The Stormcaller melee looks really weird. He melees with both hands.

He should be using "The Shocker"

7T14mK0.jpg

All about controlling when the ads spawn. Once you get that down you're three biggest threats are:

-forgetting to communicate your essence timer (there's always a couple of deaths because of this)
-Bad RNG when the 1st set of mines spawns. Still doable, but if you're all on the far side of A it gets pretty hairy.
-Impatience. A good bit of the encounter is spent running laps around the arena. Have to know when to engage and when to get the fuck out of there.

How do you control where the adds spawn?
[edit] that says when lol

ich00

Thanks man! Just accepted it. Is there a thread for the newbie raid stuff?

Hopefully I get an exotic drop. I've played Destiny since day 1, and I think i've gotten 3 all time :(

Everything else I've had to xur

Nah he posts on here the signup for the week and does the actual raid on Thursdays.

Oh hm, just thought of this: are you running this on the same character that did hard mode this week? If so you're not going to get any rewards from the normal kill.

E92 M3

I'm crazy and like to play to win/competitively.

I hate losing more than I like winning so I find it hard to enjoy.

Don't really care if I win or lose in a random crucible match. As long as I perform well and kills as many people as possible it's all good. Can't really play competitively with randoms so it's not even worth sweating for the W. All about personal performance.

Kalamari

It really sucks for more competitive players of Destiny. That it really seems like pvp isn't really taken as seriously as it should be by the Destiny team.

Hell we can't even get the basics of custom games/private games. Still makin me salty.

Custom games would be amazing, and I think Bungie knows it would be.

phen0m24

Praedyths Timepiece best gun in game.

It is loads of fun to shoot. Still love the Messenger though.

Warlock has no legs? Does he float? ;) great photo

Ive been trying to get Light of the Great Prism for over a month now. It never drops for me.

Just got my first Mark of the Pit - on Xbox

Omnilock -- DESTROY IT!

WITH FIRE

Shhhhhhh!

That's supposed to be a secret. Don't let them know that the Messenger rules.

FTFY Puma2 ;)

Well GAF, it's been 3 weeks or so since I came back into the fold, and it's been quite the success story I think. Not as big a one as some I've seen, but my personal progress has been huge thanks to dgaf.

Came back in with nothing more than a level 29 Warlock, and having finished only VoG on normal. None of the expansion content, no Crota raid, neither on hard difficulty, never touched PoE...

Now, thanks to everyone here, I have a level 34 Titan and level 33 Warlock (can be 34, if I spend an etheric), have completed both VoG and Crota on NM and HM, finished PoE up to level 34, and have all but the PoE 35 done for my triumphs in Year 1. Oh yeah, and thanks to Rubenov + JGW, I went to Mercury.

I'm actually blown away by my progress, but I know I couldn't have done it without y'all. Huge shoutouts to Hawkian, who sherpa'd my first Crota, and especially Chur who has been awesome, and everyone else. I'm still not done, but it's a testament to this community that I even have a chance.

DGAF is best GAF confirmed. :)

Kalamari

Just think, if Destiny had custom games which included a Trials mode, it would be such a great learning tool for those with little to no experience who are looking to practice. It would be the ultimate Destiny Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I never upgraded or used mine, been in the vault since it dropped for me. Maybe I should dust it off? What makes it so good?

High rate of fire, insanely stable, great sights. Basically it shoots like a laser and as fast as you can pull the trigger. Re-coil pattern is good too.

Control or Clash is extremely frustrating.

Instead of dealing with one or two players who are bad/don't know what they're doing, you're upping the ante to 5(!).

You shouldn't still be frustrated. You've known what you're getting yourself into for months now. I only play those modes to practice certain things (sniping, etc) and really don't care if I lose or what my KD is. It's practice mode at this point and should be used as such.

Just think, if Destiny had custom games which included a Trials mode, it would be such a great learning tool for those with little to no experience who are looking to practice. It would be the ultimate Destiny Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

I would love to be able to play with a 6 person private party with Trials mode with some friends.

Could set up random modifiers, like no supers, radar, or melee. It would bring most of my friends back into the game.

Daemul

Talking about Lars Bakken, the most humourous part of the Redbull rift was when Triple used an emote to see around a tree and Lars made a comment about how Triple was taking a break/showing off.

I'm not sure whether it was an intentional deflection to hide what Triple was actually doing so that blueberries wouldn't catch on or that the Crucible design lead doesn't actually know that the emotes can be used to see around corners due to the third person perspective they give.
KuGsj.gif

zewone

You shouldn't still be frustrated. You've known what you're getting yourself into for months now. I only play those modes to practice certain things (sniping, etc) and really don't care if I lose or what my KD is. It's practice mode at this point and should be used as such.

I need Clash wins for Grimoire. I rage.

Namikaze1

Note to self:

Do Rumble only with your Hunter. Don't even think of doing it with the other two.

Also, stick with Hawkmoon for Titan. You do much better with it than with TLW, Namikaze1. Leave TLW to Hunter where it's the opposite.

One last thing, delete that rumble bounty. More 5k bounties will pop up over the coming days. You've suffered long enough.

ocean

Banned
How do you control where the adds spawn?
Not where. When.

They spawn at fixed intervals of Skolas' health. You can't beat this fight if you just randomly try to attack Skolas with no coordination. You have to pace damage output.

After killing the Servitor and hammering Skolas at the very beginning Of the fight, the next step is ignoring him for a while. You wanna kill ads, keep moving around the room to stay alive, and just be patient. Build up supers, use synth or pick up ammo, just make sure everyone is at optimal condition. Then do damage to Skolas, take care of mines, and repeat. You forget Skolas until the room is clear.

After first mines, you have to move together to play hot potato with the de buff. It's still super important to make sure you do damage to Skolas as a team, and only once the ad situation is clear.

Also, Titan bubble can be a great plus on the middle mine. The other two you can reasonably defend since you're attacked from fewer angles.

Talking about Lars Bakken, the most humourous part of the Redbull rift was when Triple used an emote to see around a tree and Lars made a comment about how Triple was taking a break/showing off.

I'm not sure whether it was an intentional deflection to hide what Triple was actually doing or that the Crucible design lead doesn't actually know that the emotes can be used to see around corners due to the third person perspective they give.
KuGsj.gif

Wat. First time im hearing this.

Skele7on

Banned
Note to self:

Do Rumble only with your Hunter. Don't even think of doing it with the other two.

Also, stick with Hawkmoon for Titan. You do much better with it than with TLW, Namikaze1. Leave TLW to Hunter where it's the opposite.

One last thing, delete that rumble bounty. More 5k bounties will pop up over the coming days. You've suffered long enough.

You've learned a lot today, I'm proud of you.

I'm not sure whether it was an intentional deflection to hide what Triple was actually doing so that blueberries wouldn't catch on or that the Crucible design lead doesn't actually know that the emotes can be used to see around corners due to the third person perspective they give.
KuGsj.gif

Heh, I caught onto this, pretty sure it was a cover up. Sitting is OP as hell.

Kalamari

KuGsj.gif

Actually, I just picked up this trick by watching trials streams this weekend.

I remember when I first unlocked my main's 2nd subclass, Sunsinger @ Level 15, on the 1st or 2nd night Destiny released. That was so exciting. I thought solar flare was the coolest thing and it felt good to have solar powers. Then the 1st super I thought was really lame so I switched immediately back to Voidwalker. Then I found out Resurrections can save Nightfalls so I was like oh ok I guess I'll work on that subclass then. But the feeling of Nova bombing enemies and then using it in PvP especially Control.... the feels

I'm hoping to enjoy similar experiences with each of the 3 new subclasses, learning the movements, jumps, grenades and supers. Can't wait.

j-wood

Nah he posts on here the signup for the week and does the actual raid on Thursdays.

Oh hm, just thought of this: are you running this on the same character that did hard mode this week? If so you're not going to get any rewards from the normal kill.

oh really? So it only goes up?

I did normal first, and got some rewards up to crota. When our group failed, i tried to find another group and we started doing HM, and I still got rewards for each section.

Namikaze1

Why are randoms sending me chat invites? No, I don't want to chat with any of you. I barely chat with gaffers when I'm invited by them!

Top Bottom