• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

j-wood

Whats the best way for me to get to 34? I have all expansion 2 gear. Currently at 33 with no progress to 34. I've done the 28 and 32 prison of elders, but no etheric light...can I really only get that doing the 34 POE? That seems like a pain in the ass with the dmg reduction.

Deku Tree

Whats the best way for me to get to 34? I have all expansion 2 gear. Currently at 33 with no progress to 34. I've done the 28 and 32 prison of elders, but no etheric light...can I really only get that doing the 34 POE? That seems like a pain in the ass with the dmg reduction.
You can do PoE 32 each week to get an Armor Core, which you can trade with Variks for a 42 light piece. 3 of those plus buy an exotic from Xur.

Or do PoE 34, Trials, Nightfalls or Iron Banner for Etheric Light.

X-Frame

Note to self:

Do Rumble only with your Hunter. Don't even think of doing it with the other two.

Also, stick with Hawkmoon for Titan. You do much better with it than with TLW, Namikaze1. Leave TLW to Hunter where it's the opposite.

One last thing, delete that rumble bounty. More 5k bounties will pop up over the coming days. You've suffered long enough.

Hah, I love Rumble as a Titan. It's the easiest mode to string shoulder charge kills over and over.

Dave_6

That is a good read IMO, since I haven't bothered to read much of the grimoire. This game has a great story buried in it that I hope comes out in some way in the future.

X-Frame

Man, I just want GI to release an article fully detailing each subclass with all the finalized skill trees, because the last subclass article they did a week or two ago was weak.

EDIT: TOP!!!!!

Hunter Master Race!!

11358189_1674706869428791_1541236178_n.jpg

Nami and X Frame, my fellow Titan players, forgive my betrayal.

Haha, just saw this. I can't wait to run some PvE as a Defender alongside a Nightstalker. Two powerhouse support sub-classes should be interesting!

daedalius

Why is all this story stuff so hard to track down? Its good, but I've been playing since launch and a ton of this stuff I had no idea existed.

Codex in game please, ffs.

daedalius

This is like all in the cards. Not that hard to find.

This is exactly why I said they should have an in-game codex. I'm sure there would be plenty of people that would care more about the story if it weren't in such an ancillary format as it is currently. Even better would be to somehow work this fiction into the actual game. Obviously that's asking WAY too much.

Spoo

That GI article was awesome. I love how the weapons all have histories, some heroics and tragedies. It's a fucking shame very little of it is in the game, because Destiny actually appears to have a pretty deep storyline.

This is exactly why I said they should have an in-game codex. I'm sure there would be plenty of people that would care more about the story if it weren't in such an ancillary format as it is currently. Even better would be to somehow work this fiction into the actual game. Obviously that's asking WAY too much.
Not disagreeing with you. I think they're working to better incorporate the fiction into the game with TTK.

Hopefully one day they'll make the Grimiore as a tab in the menu screen.

eFKac

What class are you playing? What weapons are you using?

Unfortunately Hunter, no Void supers :-(

A Void legendary Shotgun which is my only hope and a Machine Gun that I get to use very rarely.

I have to say, while my last couple of games have been surprisingly good and I managed to hoard 107/500, I really suck at Crucible. And not the "yeah dude I suck at Crucible", I actually do suck with like 0.7 K/D ratio :-/

A Void legendary Shotgun which is my only hope and a Machine Gun that I get to use very rarely.

I have to say, while my last couple of games have been surprisingly good and I managed to hoard 107/500, I really suck at Crucible. And not the "yeah dude I suck at Crucible", I actually do suck with like 0.7 K/D ratio :-/

Do you not have a Truth?

It literally my favorite exotic from DLC 2.

Not like there was a wide variety of competition.

Ophelion

Yep, story article was all stuff I knew. But I went out of my way to do a little archeology in game and one of the guys that became a regular member of my fireteam is a lore nut, so he found everything I missed.

There is a fair amount of story there, it's just not presented to the player or made to feel important to the player's actions. I was laughing at the lore master in my fireteam just the other day because he was trying to impress on my brother just how important killing some of the strike bosses is to The City. The impact of this stuff is just lost as it is. The VO's at mission's end just keep saying, "You just did a really important thing!" But because none of the worldbuilding is presented to the player in a way that makes any sense, the explanation as to why it's important sounds like gibberish.

It occurs to me after reading over the writeup for The Fallen, however, that servitors are probably their attempt to craft artificial Travelers, aren't they?

phen0m24

eF have you done Hard Crota? Word of Crota is good sort of, then if you've done normal VoG toy can get Praedyth's Revenge sniper which is also void. I wish you were rolling a Titan because with magnetic (void) grenades and a void shotgun you can CLEAN UP. Pantheon when people try to grab B? Hahaha nice try. Throw a void bubble when armor of light is on and wreck them. You could always wait until the Night stalker comes out if you really want to.

Top Bottom