• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Trakan

Has this been posted yet? Shadestep looks better than I imagined.

GLPs9oN.gif

Got the helm!

Now my titan doesnt look like an airplane any more

Thanks ej and tears!
Once i get better at trials and move to Europe, i can join the SoM!

Just FYI there is an American branch of SoM. Great group of guys in this clan though. Wouldnt trade em for any other...not even Tears.

Silvard

Guardians, my vault is full. What the hell do I do with all these weapons, is there any rule of thumb you guys are following for it? Most of my weapons are vanilla Destiny ones to boot.

FyreWulff

I'm still happy to help with this run if we can find people. Unfortunately not many people around here bother with Normal anymore and there aren't a ton of folks willing to run "just for fun."

I'm always up for doing any mode for fun, and running Normal modes, for the record. So I'll try to keep an eye out for normal run requests and help as well.

Congrats to Oblivion on your first VoG clear! Hopefully I managed to explain stuff decently and you had a good experience :)

Blasphemy!

I didn't explain it well in my little short post there, but by "just for fun" I meant helping people do what they want even if it's not the main thing you want to do. There are a few very helpful folks, but otherwise people aren't exactly falling over themselves to help me run newbies through Skolas or flawless raids because it isn't fun to them, which I totally understand. Oblivion did have to post like 4-5 times for NM VoG before it got off the ground.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I didn't say anything about being carried. When I said good group, I simply meant fun, patient, and competent. If he feels comfortable in a NF at 32, he should feel more than comfortable in a lvl 30 raid.

There is no such thing as over-leveled in Destiny. Being 32 vs 30 in VoG makes no meaningful difference. And a NF is nowhere close to HM VoG, NF has revives and no mechanics. Jumping straight into HM VoG is just not a good way to experience it. The group might be patient but he'll still be stuck spectating most of it.

I think people get too used to playing with experienced players, it's easy to forget how hard some of this content can be. If there is a good group available to help run a newbie, then it's still better to do a low-key, low-stress normal raid as an introduction (like the group we just ran through NM VoG).

Probably same colddown as blink, which isn't a lot. Still doesn't seem quite as OP as blink. I am thinking you could probably melee him in the middle of that animation if he goes in the direction you're swinging.

Yeah that seems likely. It will probably only be good for trolling, unless it has invincibility frames.

Kyoufu

Yeah that seems likely. It will probably only be good for trolling, unless it has invincibility frames.

Pretty much every evasive roll in real action games have i-frames. This is going to be awesome in certain situations. Imagine rolling through Crota's sword swing. lol

Pretty much every evasive roll in real action games have i-frames. This is going to be awesome in certain situations. Imagine rolling through Crota's sword swing. lol

Yeah I will definitely have fun with it in PvE. That's a good point about most dodge rolls having I frames. Hopefully it is only for part of the animation. I don't want to roll through AoE supers unharmed.

I rolled this Party Crasher + 1, it any good? I intend this gun for PVP.

Smooth Ballistics
Accurized Ballistics
Soft Ballistics
Close And/Or Personal
Flared Magwell
Snapshot
Smallbore
Luck in the Chamber

Silvard

You know what you need to do.

Unless you have some sort of attachment to the weapons. Ask yourself do I really use these on a daily bases? If no, it's time for some spring cleaning.

English dub? Gross.

But you're right a lot of stuff should be tossed out. I'd wait till we know more about feeding guns to other guns.

Yeah I don't know what I'm hoping for. I guess some sort of unlock system for skins to use for transmog? Because 1) these weapons can't be upgraded if what they're saying is right and 2) even if they were able to be upgraded, in between being the wrong archetypes, not having the best perks and not being rerollable I think I wouldn't use them anyway.

Kyoufu

I think people get too used to playing with experienced players, it's easy to forget how hard some of this content can be. If there is a good group available to help run a newbie, then it's still better to do a low-key, low-stress normal raid as an introduction (like the group we just ran through NM VoG).

Introduced normal VoG to my friends earlier today who just returned to the game after almost a year of absence and as expected, we couldn't beat Atheon for numerous reasons. It was pretty fun acting as sherpa and seeing us struggle with firepower on certain phases. Reminded me of the struggle it was to get through that raid when I had vanilla gear with low attack values.

Top Bottom