• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

FyreWulff

Has this been posted yet? Shadestep looks better than I imagined.

GLPs9oN.gif

I think that's literally the Reach evade animation for Spartans, except now with a forced third person pullout.

phen0m24

my dad used to play smash bros with my brother and i. he chose young link and spammed the c stick like nobody's business. melee used to have a bonus battle where you'd be awarded points based on "style". the one for spamming attacks was -2000 points and it was called "stale moves". ever since then, he'd say stale moves whenever he saw my brother and i doing something habitual (like sneaking into the kitchen for a midnight snack lol)

i hope that if i ever become a parent, i'll always have enough time to play games with my kids. those memories count.

I resemble that remark.

The family that slays together stays together

:p

todd360

Why are you describing Math?

The systematic treatment of magnitude, relationships between figures and forms, and relations between quantities expressed symbolically.

Now I'm describing math. The other math wouldn't take performance enhancing drugs or join my nonexistent harem lol.

Something like

Code:
[IMG]http://assets.vg247.com/current//2010/04/Reach_MPBeta_Evade.jpg[/IMG]

Bungie has truly hit a reusing assets level that I can only describe as masterful.

phen0m24

i think the guy in the reddit thread has a few years on you though. ;P

Thankfully! :) My brother asks me if I'll play games when I'm my dad's age. I'm like "If I can!" :)

The dads of destiny are formidable opponents. They train after work until they pass out at midnight. Scary.
I don't know how formidable but training with a controller is more fun than most other training. :p

Anyone want to help me beat Skolas? I'm literally dying almost immediately. This is a story mission not PoE.

PSN is TJ_Electronica

You know where you turn that last corner before Skolas comes down in the middle? There's a tall tower. Jump to the top of it and launch rockets at him from up there. Dishes = done

NeOak

The systematic treatment of magnitude, relationships between figures and forms, and relations between quantities expressed symbolically.

Now I'm describing math. The other math wouldn't take performance enhancing drugs or join my nonexistent harem lol.

Have you asked?

My Destiny luck continues to amaze me. After finishing my final elder cipher to get Dreg's Promise (the last exotic weapon I need), I open the chest. After I select Dreg's Promise from Variks I go to my post master. Arachnid helm is waiting for me. It's the last exotic armor piece I need.

I officially have every exotic in the game now.

todd360

Thankfully! :) My brother asks me if I'll play games when I'm my dad's age. I'm like "If I can!" :)

I don't know how formidable but training with a controller is more fun than most other training. :p

You don't run on the treadmill while competing in trials? Step yo game up. The dads of destiny will never accept you at this rate.

I'm going to sleep now. May we get actual taken king info from GI today.

Have you asked?

No

SeanR1221

My Destiny luck continues to amaze me. After finishing my final elder cipher to get Dreg's Promise (the last exotic weapon I need), I open the chest. After I select Dreg's Promise from Variks I go to my post master. Arachnid helm is waiting for me. It's the last exotic armor piece I need.

I officially have every exotic in the game now.

Nice!

I think that's literally the Reach evade animation for Spartans, except now with a forced third person pullout.
Looks like it does. Only difference is the camera angle due to the Reach footage being done through a 3rd person mod. As well as the arm due to the weapon difference.

C66zqoK.gif

FyreWulff

It definitely looks very familiar

red leaved twisty tree is also similar to the tree on Boardwalk. Tower and Alexandria have similar, but not the same, aethestics.

either way, i'm bored and captured the Reach evade (offscreen with a phone, don't have my capture rig)

http://gfycat.com/JaggedAptAustralianshelduck

yjEwfBA.jpg

whydoinoticethisstuff

edit: that side by side is sweet, but you can also just go into third person in theater :V

SnakeEyes

Banned
Welp, loaded up Trials with a couple of friends and was expecting to just have a relaxed, albeit unsuccessful, Trials run.

We lost the very first game, ruining our Mercy. Then we won 9 back-to-back.

Got a Solar Jewel.

People head glitch out on the beach and when they get revived, they duck out of sight! Crazy that you can choose to duck when you get revived. I want to choose to lie down when I get revived and play dead.

This map is starting to get a little too old for me haha.

This is crazy talk but.... I actually prefer... Hold on this will take some pride.... coughpantheoncough over burning Shrine.

my dad used to play smash bros with my brother and i. he chose young link and spammed the c stick like nobody's business. melee used to have a bonus battle where you'd be awarded points based on "style". the one for spamming attacks was -2000 points and it was called "stale moves". ever since then, he'd say stale moves whenever he saw my brother and i doing something habitual (like sneaking into the kitchen for a midnight snack lol)

i hope that if i ever become a parent, i'll always have enough time to play games with my kids. those memories count.

Indeed. I never really played with my parents but the few times my mom tried Cruisn USA and would turn her whole head and arms like a real steering wheel, priceless. I should have her try it on wii u now that I think about it

I'm not sure what the best approach is for using tlw looking at the perks I assume the gun excels at not aiming down the sights but I get wrecked by players pretty far away. Do you aim for headshots like other hand cannons? Or just hold down the trigger and hope for the best? I've been using the devil you know since launch now I'm trying out tlw and its feels completely different

Yeah I got a notification but nothing. I had the same thing earlier with other messages.

Also lag and possibly lag switching strikes again. I've had enough of it. :(

Did a card with Rubenov and Silvard tonight and it was the most sustained lag I'd ever seen in Trials. Literally every match had at least one red bar enemy if not the entire team being laggy. There was only one match that seemed like possible lag switchers, where guys were getting revived well after everyone on their team was supposedly dead. It was pretty brutal.

deadduck

Totally abused destinytrialsreport yesterday, oooh team with 3 games and 3 losses in Trials? Let's go hyper aggressive...

Went 11-0. They did manage to get 1 kill unfortunately.

Came across a team with 2.1kds carrying a 0.6, really slippery wee hunters, but knowing the danger decided when we would push for kills or hold orbs.

I do love the extra tactical complexity of Trials.

Top Bottom