• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Thanks to Drizzy, Klyka and ocean! <3

Glad we got it done for you, and congrats on the Triumphs! I'll make sure Klyka gets to finish it up some day soon if he still needs it. We would've had it if he could've stayed another 15 minutes but oh well.

CMkdn_cUAAAcJQr.jpg:large

Sorry drizz, i could do it with my hunter but i wouldn't get anything out of it (in terms of items) so its best for someone else to do it :)

No worries, it was just funny that we couldn't figure out why you weren't able to join when we wiped :p

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone had dealings with Urzok? Need to beat him for a bounty. I'm reading that if he spawns during the "forces are moving against each other" he's an Ultra but if during a Warsat defense he's only a Major.

Anyone know this? I had him as an Ultra and got the health down about 50% but every other enemy was plowing at me like no tomorrow then he left.

Also how obtainable is the Thunderlord? Chances of Xur selling it in the next few weeks?

Agent

I've gone back to an old friend this weekend, Battlefield 4. I haven't played it in almost a year, since Destiny released. My near 2.0 k/d is going down faster than Skolas with solar burn. I keep trying to pull out my sparrow when running to new cap points.

Any other DGAFers play BF4? I think I might spend most of my time with it until TTK.

ocean

Banned
Thanks for yet another smooth Skolas Drizz. Team second try :)

Since I run Fang/Horn for Skolas, my Exile Gauntlets(Scout+Heavy Reload) is just so so good.

deoee

Anyone had dealings with Urzok? Need to beat him for a bounty. I'm reading that if he spawns during the "forces are moving against each other" he's an Ultra but if during a Warsat defense he's only a Major.

Anyone know this? I had him as an Ultra and got the health down about 50% but every other enemy was plowing at me like no tomorrow then he left.

Also how obtainable is the Thunderlord? Chances of Xur selling it in the next few weeks?

What about that Thunderlord hype? I got 2 of them as drops and never use it D:

Mindlog

Haha, let's tweet him and see what he says :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMkeuS7XAAAwaRo.jpg:orig

what weapon to get, or should I wait for Addon release so it will "drop" with new stats?
No one has any idea what will happen with drops. Hopefully the weekly update helps us out soon.

Go ahead and complete the bounty. Your first choice will not matter you get to pick again after it is done.

Lord of Wolves got a nice buff and it's a neat weapon.
Quennbreaker is very effective during arc burns. Imagine a sniper rifle with a very large ammo inventory.
Dreg's Promise is what you get when you absolutely need to have every exotic -_-

Urzok is manageable either way with a good arc shotgun. You need to stack everything for arc damage if possible. Gjallarhorn is of course an exception. Taking his shields down with a weapon then firing two Gjallarhorns is a good rhythm. Using grenades to deal damage while reloading to prevent his shields from recovering is also a good idea. If you can get someone else to join the hunt it's a lot easier. Like you said the main problem when trying to kill him during a battle event is that all the other majors can be firing on you at the same time. The Warsat event can get similarly out of hand at times.

Thunderlord is RNG. It was one of the last Vanilla exotics for me and it took much longer for a few people around here.

krioto

I need some help please.

I am level 32 warlock - Sunsinger.

I have the following armour:

- some HoW helmet - upgraded but need etheric light to complete
- Curaiss of the Henzen Lords armour - upgraded but need etheric light to complete
- Sunbreaker gauntlets - full upgraded (402 armour)
- some HoW boots - upgraded but need etheric light to complete (bit of a pattern here)

Weapons:
- MIDA multi-tool - have used a shard to upgrade, but need another one to complete
- Sniper rifle from Queens Revenge, need shard to complete
- Corrective Measures machine gun - need shard to complete

How do I open the Trials PoE?
What is the best way to upgrade my guy better?

thanks a lot

ocean

Banned

Easy mode: Titan. Blind Urzok. Shotgun him. Done.

If you have the Helm of Saint-14, drop a bubble over him. If not, go Striker and use Flashbang grenade. If you have 4th Horseman or Found Verdict it's fairly easy to get him done. When enemies are moving against each other it does get a little hectic.

So, on my first re-roll of my Her Benevolence I got:

• Scopes: EagleEye / Longview SLR10 / Ambush
  • First Perk: Hidden Hand
  • Second Perk: Speed Reload / High Caliber Rounds / Rifled Barrel
  • Third Perk: Unflinching

Question for weapon experts, is this a winner? According to what I read it's mostly perfect but the middle perks aren't very good. Is it worth it to re-roll to see if I can get better or should I stick with it as is? Out of those middle perks which one is the best?

Pretty good. I still say Ambush/Short Gaze, Hidden Hand, Snapshot, and anything in the third column is my ideal roll. Unflinching is pretty meaningless in my opinion. Others really like it.

ocean

Banned
Gimme. :p

Want a decent LMG. Apart from my Gjallarhorn all my other heavy weapons are Rares and they just don't do the job.
Playing Crucibke you can get BTRD to drop. Probably the best machine gun in the game right now.

For Urzok a machine gun isn't your best friend. Shotgun+Gjallarhorn is.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Playing Crucibke you can get BTRD to drop. Probably the best machine gun in the game right now.

For Urzok a machine gun isn't your best friend. Shotgun+Gjallarhorn is.

Alright cheers man. Got the Helm of Saint-14 and some shotties. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

So, on my first re-roll of my Her Benevolence I got:

• Scopes: EagleEye / Longview SLR10 / Ambush
  • First Perk: Hidden Hand
  • Second Perk: Speed Reload / High Caliber Rounds / Rifled Barrel
  • Third Perk: Unflinching

Question for weapon experts, is this a winner? According to what I read it's mostly perfect but the middle perks aren't very good. Is it worth it to re-roll to see if I can get better or should I stick with it as is? Out of those middle perks which one is the best?

Depends on how many resources you have to re-roll, especially with TTK coming soon we don't know how viable old weapons will be in competitive Crucible modes (Trials, Iron Banner). Personally I like Shortgaze scope best and that middle column is pretty weak. If you play on Blade Dancer, I think Snapshot is best but for any other class you want Quick Draw in the middle. If you keep that roll, I'd probably just use Speed Reload since HC Rounds are useless and you don't want more range from Rifled Barrel.

Personally I'd re-roll, and prioritize Shortgaze, then Quick Draw, then Hidden Hand, then Unflinching as the least important perk.

Anyone want to do a normal mode vog? never done it before. lvl 30 warlock PS4: OblivionVII

I'm still happy to help with this run if we can find people. Unfortunately not many people around here bother with Normal anymore and there aren't a ton of folks willing to run "just for fun."

I did buy this and use it, that's the frustrating part.

yea i thought it was a ripoff. it works with any headset or earphones though, so it's a neat gadget.

the sony gold headset is on the other hand is awful. i thought it would end up being a good budget headset, but i've had the plastic break on two of them now in different locations just from wear and tear. mine is currently being held together by super glue.

i was going to pick up the anniversary headset prior to that, but now i don't think i'm going to stick with this model.

Mindlog

I need some help please.

I am level 32 warlock - Sunsinger.

I have the following armour:

- some HoW helmet - upgraded but need etheric light to complete
- Curaiss of the Henzen Lords armour - upgraded but need etheric light to complete
- Sunbreaker gauntlets - full upgraded (402 armour)
- some HoW boots - upgraded but need etheric light to complete (bit of a pattern here)

Weapons:
- MIDA multi-tool - have used a shard to upgrade, but need another one to complete
- Sniper rifle from Queens Revenge, need shard to complete
- Corrective Measures machine gun - need shard to complete

How do I open the Trials PoE?
What is the best way to upgrade my guy better?

thanks a lot
You need to complete the story to open up Prison of Elders. I'm not sure when Trials opens.

Don't bother upgrading boots that lack +Heavy Ammo boost. Whatever boots you decide to use should have +Heavy Ammo. It's tempting to save resources on the rest waiting for great perk/stat rolls, but once you hit 34 those resources start coming in pretty quickly.

Personal preference: I ignore all HoW armor that has anything other than Fallen perks. Those perks are handy vs Skolas and the other ones are largely unnecessary vs lesser enemies.

Razorskin

----- ------
it works with any headset though so it's a neat gadget, despite being a ripoff.

the sony gold headset is terrible though. i thought it would end up being a good budget headset, but i've had the plastic break on two of them now in different locations just from wear and tear. i had to super glue the hinges to keep the thing together.

i was going to pick up the anniversary headset prior to that, but now i don't think i'm going to stick with this model.

I like the headset, I just want the bloody mic to work in passive mode for me, I'm cursed.

krioto

You need to complete the story to open up Prison of Elders. I'm not sure when Trials opens.

Don't bother upgrading boots that lack +Heavy Ammo boost. Whatever boots you decide to use should have +Heavy Ammo. It's tempting to save resources on the rest waiting for great perk/stat rolls, but once you hit 34 those resources start coming in pretty quickly.

Personal preference: I ignore all HoW armor that has anything other than Fallen perks. Those perks are handy vs Skolas and the other ones are largely unnecessary vs lesser enemies.

Ok, thanks - so is original armour and weapons OK, as long as they can be upgraded with the shards - and how do you get these?
I really like th multi-tool, so hopefully that is a good enough weapon for the expansion missions etc?

deoee

I'm still happy to help with this run if we can find people. Unfortunately not many people around here bother with Normal anymore and there aren't a ton of folks willing to run "just for fun."

If it wasnt that late I'd love to do it "just for fun" but... need.... sle

Spoo

My buddy and I are looking to run VoG on normal or hard just for fun. Anyone willing to add 2? I'm on PSN (reeducator). Just send me an invite :D

i guess we're also fine with crota on normal

Mindlog

Ok, thanks - so is original armour and weapons OK, as long as they can be upgraded with the shards - and how do you get these?
I really like th multi-tool, so hopefully that is a good enough weapon for the expansion missions etc?
Multi-Tool is fun and as effective as most weapons. You would rather have an elemental primary most of the time, but that may take a while to get to. Nothing wrong with using Mida. Join Raid runs when you can.

It takes shards, energy and more energy to upgrade weapons. The Raids are a great resource to start and then its onward to Prison of Elders. Newer weapons don't need these materials. I wouldn't put too many resources upgrading Corrective Measure.

If a Normal Vault of Glass run starts soon get in on that :]

Top Bottom