• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

sikkinixx

We'll guess I'll just leave them and if. It, I'll get some motes out of it all.

Also... I'm level 32 but still on Venus in the story. Do I need to do all the stupid missions to play the expansion content? I had already beaten it on Xbox before they came out but playing it on ps4 now I really really don't want to redo all the story. Especially when I still need to create a hunter and a warlock.

If it's the same as how we prepared for HoW, then yes. Packages in the Post Master have not had their Engrams selected yet, and as such *should* become new Engrams after the DLC has dropped. I've got a Cryptarch and a Dead Orbit one sitting and waiting :)

#BasedTodd360

I remember it being the exact opposite of what you just said. Is my memory that bad?

Kyoufu

If it's the same as how we prepared for HoW, then yes. Packages in the Post Master have not had their Engrams selected yet, and as such *should* become new Engrams after the DLC has dropped. I've got a Cryptarch and a Dead Orbit one sitting and waiting :)

So what you're saying is, I shouldn't open those packages until TTK? Argh. I made a huge mistake.

I'm pretty sure packages are rolled immediately as well. It's still not a bad idea since you can get faction rep from opening them. I'm hoarding public event packages for the XP and also hoarding armor engrams to boost my cryptarch to get packages with hopefully new stuff in them.

Mindlog

Full Public Event + 5k Bounties will be worth 150k XP using focused light.
The last value I found is 480K XP to level up a subclass.
They lowered that at some point right? Every little bit helps.
I've been saving the last crypt packages I've gotten. Will they redeem as TTK legendary? Or should I just get them now?
They almost certainly won't decode as TTK legendaries, BUT aren't they worth XP as well? If they are worth more than dailies then they're still worth hoarding.
Stand corrected.
Either way I'd probably keep them. I'm trying to find out how much XP they are worth.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I remember it being the exact opposite of what you just said. Is my memory that bad?
Faction packages are rolled immediately I thought. But Cryptarch should be fine.
Okay, this might be where the confusion is - I was sure it was all packages, but as zewone says it may just be Cryptarch. My memory is probably the bad one.

To be fair though, since you still get Rep for opening the packages, I'm just going to keep mine there anyway.

Kalamari

I would rather have a postmaster slot for daily event rewards over a cryptarch package. Cryptarch packages aren't a guaranteed legendary.

Kyoufu

I'm pretty sure packages are rolled immediately as well. It's still not a bad idea since you can get faction rep from opening them. I'm hoarding public event packages for the XP and also hoarding armor engrams to boost my cryptarch to get packages with hopefully new stuff in them.

Hmm, that's actually a good idea. I suppose I'll do the same, thanks.

We're going to be swimming in guaranteed legendaries come TTK.

Wondering how crazy you can get with stacking XP when TTK drops.

Nightfall should be ready to play. Plus if you're doing red bull focused light XP stuff, if that stacks..cashing in piles of bounties and PE packages. It should shoot you up a fair bit really fast.

Is it a good idea to do a bunch of bounties ready to turn in, or might they vanish since there seems to be a pretty new bounty approach in place?

Any other quick XP tips that we can prepare to do now?

Mindlog

I've already starting saving PE packages, and have 1 Focused Light I am not grabbing yet either. 150K of XP sounds beautiful on a Sunbreaker!
Yeah all that XP is going to my subclasses.
Is it a good idea to do a bunch of bounties ready to turn in, or might they vanish since there seems to be a pretty new bounty approach in place?
Someone recently started playing again and still had the original Queen's Wrath bounties. I'm betting we can still cash the bounties in, but it would be nice to get confirmation.
All my factions are ready to tip so those packages are worth a little bit, but you can only flip so many per week.

MrDaravon

AFAIK Luke Smith said you can use Motes for weapon EXP. Don't know if they grant other forms of EXP too.

That's still super rad. I guess it would be a wash or largely pointless if they gave you character XP as well.

Also saw on reddit that apparently you can buy 4-packs of Red Bull that give you 6 codes. This...this is bad.

Deku Tree

I've already starting saving PE packages, and have 1 Focused Light I am not grabbing yet either. 150K of XP sounds beautiful on a Sunbreaker!

PE packages give you 2.5K not five. It's been proven fact.

Also you can grab the focused light from the postmaster and put it in your vault. It's a consumable that you have to consume to use.

what do you mean by 'not grabbing yet'?
For doing your first public event of the day, for each character, you're given a package at the Postmaster. When you press X on it, you grab it and it gives you 2500 EXP towards currently equipped Weapons and Armor. You can save that every single day until TTK releases and then grab them all at once for the exp.

For doing your first public event of the day, for each character, you're given a package at the Postmaster. When you press X on it, you grab it and it gives you 2500 EXP towards currently equipped Weapons and Armor. You can save that every single day until TTK releases and then grab them all at once for the exp.

Not what I'm asking. He said he had a focused light he 'wasn't grabbing yet'

Does he mean he hasn't taken it out of the postmaster, or has and just not used it yet?

Kyoufu

My plan is to hoard PE packages and heavy ammo synths. Even if they give 10 rep per synth, that's a lot of rep if you think about how many you can hold on each character. I have 1600 on one character alone so that'd be 16000 rep. 2500 rep is how much it takes to rank up, so we're talking at least 6 ranks. Store another 1600 on another character and you've got at least 12 ranks on day one, assuming of course that each synth grants 10 rep and each rank requires 2500 rep like it does currently.

Wondering how crazy you can get with stacking XP when TTK drops.

Nightfall should be ready to play. Plus if you're doing red bull focused light XP stuff, if that stacks..cashing in piles of bounties and PE packages. It should shoot you up a fair bit really fast.

You really think so? Isn't there a good chance it will be lvl 38? If so, isn't lvl 35 required to play it?

Deku Tree

I think NF will be level 38 or even level 40 with a certain recommended light since they are introducing a new light system with gear light levels. I wonder if they will make the NF lower level 34 for the first week or not...

If TTK missions starts at level 25 maybe the first thing to do is try to collect your third subclass, and then XP it up.

The level cap is increasing by 6 levels this time so I assume Nightfall won't be available upon launching TTK. We may even need to do the story stuff to unlock strike access.

yeah, that's probably spot on. Especially if there's a new NF based on a TTK strike, which would make sense for it to be.

I guess just the red bull focussed light xp boosters is what I will be stocking up on then.

SO looking forwarding hearing the "Level Up" GONG/KABOOM and seeing it splash on screen six times again.

did we decide on what's happening with the taken king OT?

i'd like to get a Skype group going or something so we can thread related stuff without clogging this one. Anyone on DGAF is welcome to join.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Dammit. I meant I was jealous of your accent.

Anyway. Love you.

I wanna do a hard mode raid in an hour. Takers?
mar.gif

sikkinixx

Might as well ask one more time before I head off for the night.

If anyone is running a last minute night fall on ps4 i would love to join in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there anyone who has been or anyone who otherwise would be interested in helping out with some headers/basic graphics for the next OT?

Namikaze1

Remind me again:

Will our marks be automatically turned into commendation packages and be waiting at the postmaster come TTK launch or there's someone we gotta go to in order to exchange them (marks) for the packages?

I'm saving up PE and Cryptarch packages. If they're automatically converted into packages, I might as well stop saving packages once I get to twelve on each guardian.

Top Bottom