• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Daemul

Public event packages used to give out 5k experience long ago during vanilla Destiny, but following the release of TDB when Bungie made changes to the contents of Public event packages the experience they gave out was reduced to 2.5k. This was actually the straw that broke the camels back for me at a time when my frustration with Destiny was at an all time high and I ended up leaving the game for over 3 months.

Even if marks get automatically get converted when we boot up TTK commendations for each faction stack, so at the very least you'll be able to keep 18 public event packages at the post master.

X-Frame

ahhh...I see now.

yeah, I think you're good to take it into your inventory. It won't activate until you say so. I have a bunch on my characters and it's just sitting there. FYI it appears in all your postmasters, but once you remove it on one postmaster then it vanishes from all of them too. That's normal.

Thanks Tyler! I'll remove it and just hold onto it then.

11891442_433818116824947_2416331632845556759_o.jpg

Assassination in progress. Muhahah

Frostburn

Anyone able to group up for trials this coming week? I've become a guardian lord and have over 3400 grimore but I've never taken a real shot at Trials and going to Mercury.

I'm not the best PVPer but will listen and try my best, just something I'd love to experience at least once before TTK comes out.

Anyone willing to help me out? I can work around your schedule.

X-Frame

Btw there are a lot of Kinderguardians I'm seeing out on Patrol. The anticipation of TTK must be bringing in a lot of new players.

I'll find them just roaming the Mothyards a lot. If the Wolves start prowling I'll go to join the event, then I'll turn around and see the Kinderguardian shooting at the Fallen from a distance, even though they're not doing any damage at all, haha.

After it's all done I'll go pick up a Scorch cannon and drop it next to them and watch them have fun killing the poor low-level Fallen.

I want to catch a Kinderguardian at Level 3 or so before they do The Dark Within and live through them as they experience the Hive's first arrival, mwuaha.

rNilla

Btw there are a lot of Kinderguardians I'm seeing out on Patrol. The anticipation of TTK must be bringing in a lot of new players.

I'll find them just roaming the Mothyards a lot. If the Wolves start prowling I'll go to join the event, then I'll turn around and see the Kinderguardian shooting at the Fallen from a distance, even though they're not doing any damage at all, haha.

After it's all done I'll go pick up a Scorch cannon and drop it next to them and watch them have fun killing the poor low-level Fallen.

I want to catch a Kinderguardian at Level 3 or so before they do The Dark Within and live through them as they experience the Hive's first arrival, mwuaha.
I love finding low level, sub-1000 guardians out in the wild.

ZOONAMI

So I just jumped on after not playing for months and got my hunter from lvl 29 to 31 in like an hour. Pretty sweet. Got a purple boot drop with a ii on them. What do the i and ii mean on the legendary gear? Also bought a vangaurd chest piece with a ii on it. Also had 2 purple sniper rifles drop one with a ii on it and one with a i. What do the i and ii mean for weapons and armor respectively?

Also has the rng changed or did i just get really lucky playing one round of crucible and the weekly level 30 strike?

So I just jumped on after not playing for months and got my hunter from lvl 29 to 31 in like an hour. Pretty sweet. Got a purple boot drop with a ii on them. What do the i and ii mean on the legendary gear? Also bought a vangaurd chest piece with a ii on it. Also had 2 purple sniper rifles drop one with a ii on it and one with a i. What do the i and ii mean for weapons and armor respectively?

Also has the rng changed or did i just get really lucky playing one round of crucible and the weekly level 30 strike?
Means DLC 1 or 2. It's very easy to get legendaries in pvp now. Pretty easy all around get multiple a day now.

I'm logging on now and still up for trying to help sometime tonight if you want to play. Just being realistic that we'll need a strong 3rd to make a good go at Mercury, unless we get decent luck matching teams.
Mercury would have been nice but honestly all I really wanted were the boots lol.
Anyone running Trials? I just need 3 wins with the boons to be able to grab them (assuming we win the first, of course).

III-V

I and II are expansion specifiers. In general II will start you out at higher damage/defense levels/light. Both can be ascended (upgraded). Welcome back to the new destiny, where light levels drop like fallen rain from a summer shower. Expect to max out level very soon. Then its all about the weaps.

Mercury would have been nice but honestly all I really wanted were the boots lol.
Anyone running Trials? I just need 3 wins with the boons to be able to grab them (assuming we win the first, of course).
You don't need to have to win the first. Until you get your first win and actually use the boon, you can rebuy it. So the strategy if you lose your first match is to play until you have three wins, then go back to the reef and rebuy the boon to try and jump to five.

Daemul

My issue with Rumble is that it encourages moronic play, people just run around with shotguns like headless chickens looking for kills, inevitably dying loads of times in the process, and yet they can still get rewarded for their recklessness with a win. This leads them to employ the same dumb tactics in team based modes, because why not, it worked oh so well for them in Rumble, which ends up making them a huge detriment to their team.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
is it really this frustrating to kill crota in CE? or does a good swordbearer makes it less anoying? So far I enjoyed Aetheon a lot more.

ZOONAMI

I and II are expansion specifiers. In general II will start you out at higher damage/defense levels/light. Both can be ascended (upgraded). Welcome back to the new destiny, where light levels drop like fallen rain from a summer shower. Expect to max out level very soon. Then its all about the weaps.

Yeah it was fun to play for a bit. I'm still expansion free but will be getting the legendary edition. So I'm probably stuck at 31 until then.

Might also be people making alt accounts. There was nothing to really do in Destiny until TTK so I just screwed around with an alt recently. Think I bruised a few egos when I beat TLW users with a Tengoku white fusion rifle.

Actually found Fizzor in Inferno Clash when I was leveling up. Was super fun fighting him with whites/greens, only went .5 and .8!

You don't need to have to win the first. Until you get your first win and actually use the boon, you can rebuy it. So the strategy if you lose your first match is to play until you have three wins, then go back to the reef and rebuy the boon to try and jump to five.
Oh ok cool, I thought I could only use it once per card. Thanks for the tip!

darknil

Trials is too brutal, went 1 hour with friends and we just won like 1 round. We were giving away rounds for all teams that encountered us.

How long will you be on tonight? Doing a run with xo now, if he's still up for it we could maybe do another after.

Bloodsent

Even if marks get automatically get converted when we boot up TTK commendations for each faction stack, so at the very least you'll be able to keep 18 public event packages at the post master.

I am sorry, what is this based on? They may stack when they are in your inventory, but not necessarily when they are sent. Part of my assumes we are going to get sent one commendation for every 25 Vanguard/Crucibal marks, and one commendation per letter. Has there been confirmation of how this is intended to play out? I currently have 18/20 slots full with PE packages, and would prefer not to lose out...

Top Bottom