• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Kalamari

Someone edit it for hype speed
latest

nah, edit it for ludicrous hype

Here, have some awesome Destiny concept art.

GutZ31

Where'd you finish at? Couldn't Daniel and Valy/back_speed help you finish the card off?
Skolas.
LT left on Skolas, then we got another to take his spot, but every time we got Skolas down to the K in his name, T-44's internet went dialup and disconnected.

LTWood12

You ruined everything!

T-44 feels worse than you. Buy him chocolate.

He ruined it by killing himself. Freshman mistake.

You should have gone for DPS instead of mines once the essence got me. We'd have killed him and gotten the weapon drops. No cores or EL but who cares. I get why you went for the mine though.

I don't even care about the loot, just hate failing.yall still at it? Tell him not to feel bad. It was fun. We had him in 20 minutes flat ughhhh

GutZ31

He ruined it by killing himself. Freshman mistake.

You should have gone for DPS instead of mines once the essence got me. We'd have killed him and gotten the weapon drops. No cores or EL but who cares. I get why you went for the mine though.

I don't even care about the loot, just hate failing.yall still at it? Tell him not to feel bad. It was fun. We had him in 20 minutes flat ughhhh
His internet was crapping out so I called it.
He seemed to be taking it rather hard though. Internet troubles always tick me off when it's my side that's having problems, so I can feel his pain.

As for mines or DPS; was really just auto pilot, so very little thinking at that point.
I made a choice to keep things running rather than die to mines and failed.

Moral of this story;
Everyone needs to stop dying, and disconnecting god dammit.

LTWood12

His internet was crapping out so I called it.
He seemed to be taking it rather hard though. Internet troubles always tick me off when it's my side that's having problems, so I can feel his pain.

As for mines or DPS; was really just auto pilot, so very little thinking at that point.
I made a choice to keep things running rather than die to mines and failed.

Moral of this story;
Everyone needs to stop dying, and disconnecting god dammit.

Aw man I'm really sorry.

GutZ31

So is 35 prison a nightmare this week?
Not really, but you do need to be pretty damn focused.
Running around after killing a few adds is the medicine for Skolas runs.

Stay away from everything, as light switch happens even with shanks lol.

Get Skolas unchained within 2 servitor kills. After that, clean up adds and leave Skolas alone for the most part.
Clear? Now get Skolas down to half health. He should taint one of the players and summon mobs again. Kill some mobs, switch taint, and run around the map. Switch taint, kill some adds. Run around map, switch taint, kill adds. Hit Skolas until he summons mines, clear mines and adds while keeping people together to switch taint.
Clear mines and adds, switch taint, get in position to start doing damage on Skolas again.
Try to get his health to around the middle of the K in his name and clear adds.

Final step is burn him as quickly as possible, and have people ready to run for the mines.
If you are lucky, the first mine is right where you are firing from, and means you have a lot more time to do damage to Skolas.

If you can burn him before the second mine comes out, you can forget about the taint and adds, and just focus on mines.

Done.

Do you guys think redbull consumable, exotic class items, and nightfall xp boost will stack?
Oh yeah. Class items will probably need leveled first, though.

Even if marks get automatically get converted when we boot up TTK commendations for each faction stack, so at the very least you'll be able to keep 18 public event packages at the post master.
They'll probably go to special orders, which is a separate bucket.

Finally got around to reading the GI article. Is nice to see the story strung together, particularly the backstory, which I found more interesting than what Bungie did for Halo. The story in the game however doesn't hold the same weight, even with the context. All the cool shit is in the prequels.

And then there's this
  • I know. Dredgen Yor, however, is not an awesome guy. Basically, he starts off with a different name that’s been forgotten, but under his lost name he is a mighty guardian that wields a hand cannon called Rose. He’s so intent on fighting back against the Darkness that he becomes utterly corrupted by it, and Rose becomes the much darker weapon called Thorn. He starts murdering other guardians as well as innocents. His old friend, Jaren Ward, hunts him down and duels him with the hand cannon called The Last Word, but Jaren is killed. Subsequently, Jaren’s protégé, a Hunter named Shin Malphur, takes up The Last Word, tracks Dredgen Yor, and they fight. Dredgen Yor is apparently killed.

The Last Word > Thorn confirmed
kappa.png

Finally got around to reading the GI article. Is nice to see the story strung together, particularly the backstory, which I found more interesting than what Bungie did for Halo. The story in the game however doesn't hold the same weight, even with the context. All the cool shit is in the prequels.

And then there's this
  • I know. Dredgen Yor, however, is not an awesome guy. Basically, he starts off with a different name that’s been forgotten, but under his lost name he is a mighty guardian that wields a hand cannon called Rose. He’s so intent on fighting back against the Darkness that he becomes utterly corrupted by it, and Rose becomes the much darker weapon called Thorn. He starts murdering other guardians as well as innocents. His old friend, Jaren Ward, hunts him down and duels him with the hand cannon called The Last Word, but Jaren is killed. Subsequently, Jaren’s protégé, a Hunter named Shin Malphur, takes up The Last Word, tracks Dredgen Yor, and they fight. Dredgen Yor is apparently killed.

kappa.png
Guardian Bret Michaels
https://youtu.be/j2r2nDhTzO4

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

And then there's this

kappa.png
Jaren Ward probably is Dregden Yor

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jjnwo/lore_dredgen_yor_jaren_ward_and_a_nameless/

Effect

Wow. There are so many OTs for this game. Just when I think I have the current one I find another then another. Yikes.

Question. Chances are I'm ultimately going to be deciding on an Xbox One because I'm really interested in playing Halo 5 and ultimately Scalebound if it turns out good. However Destiny is another game I'm pretty sure I'll want to pick up. Does anyone here play the Xbox One version or do the bulk of people play the PS4 version?

If you do play the Xbox One version or both is the population good in the game? Any disadvantages of picking the XBO version over the PS4 version?

With Taken King and the re-voicing of the bot are they suppose to be improving on how the story is told in the game? I think I remember hearing that but wasn't sure if it was a case of things just being reworded or if they were going to change things do you don't have to go outside of the game to read those cards to understand the story. Anyone know what is suppose to happen?

DY_nasty

I have no remorse when revive sniping. That shit has happened to me enough I feel justified in enacting vengeance. It's not nearly as cheesy as Thorn.

Revive sniping isn't cheese at all lol. People who say that are full of bitterness and salt.

You want to get revived? Die in a better place.

maomaoIYP

So is 35 prison a nightmare this week?
Not at all. I managed to do it just under 2 hours with another 2 guys from LFG. None of us had done it before, and one of us didn't even have maxed weapons. We just communicated through the whole thing. In the end we had such a good experience we added each other to our FLs.

Wow. There are so many OTs for this game. Just when I think I have the current one I find another then another. Yikes.

Question. Chances are I'm ultimately going to be deciding on an Xbox One because I'm really interested in playing Halo 5 and ultimately Scalebound if it turns out good. However Destiny is another game I'm pretty sure I'll want to pick up. Does anyone here play the Xbox One version or do the bulk of people play the PS4 version?

If you do play the Xbox One version or both is the population good in the game? Any disadvantages of picking the XBO version over the PS4 version?

With Taken King and the re-voicing of the bot are they suppose to be improving on how the story is told in the game? I think I remember hearing that but wasn't sure if it was a case of things just being reworded or if they were going to change things do you don't have to go outside of the game to read those cards to understand the story. Anyone know what is suppose to happen?

Welcome to the thread! Now's as good a time as ever to jump into the game. Most of DGAF is on PS4, but there is a sizeable XBO portion here. A few people play on both consoles, and once activity picks up I'm sure that number will go up.

The entire game is supposed to be "questified", including old content and new content; however, none of the old dialog will be rewritten. I think it should have a stronger and more cohesive presentation nonetheless, especially with all of the expansions being accessible alongside. If you have a strong core group of friends to play with, the only disadvantage to playing on XBO (game-wise) is that you lose out on whatever is exclusive for the year. I think there is a PS4 exclusive PvP map and strike with TTK. However, all of the Year One exclusives like Hawkmoon will be available on XBO this year.

As for Grimoire, the cards wont be readable in game, but the Ghost can apparently scan parts of the environment and relay information to the player now like Metroid.

DY_nasty

you're already skinner box

I mean 3k, sure. That's basically "Destiny is my favorite and most played game since last year" achievement. Max? Do you WANT me to hate your game, Bungie? Cmon lol

I'm gonna take a breath of fresh air so I don't burn myself out like I did leading into HoW. Probably gonna stick to mostly PvP for a while.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I mean 3k, sure. That's basically "Destiny is my favorite and most played game since last year" achievement. Max? Do you WANT me to hate your game, Bungie? Cmon lol

I'm gonna take a breath of fresh air so I don't burn myself out like I did leading into HoW. Probably gonna stick to mostly PvP for a while.

That's what I've been up to (among getting max marks). I thought you still needed skolas.

Anyone have a DS HM checkpoint? If I've got 2 other guys and were gonna run to DS right now, would be nice to have some help if anyone needs the drops or is inclined

Top Bottom