• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's what I've been up to (among getting max marks). I thought you still needed skolas.

I still do need Skolas, but I'm gonna chill on that thought until at least next week. I like liking this game and I could feel myself getting close to burning out when I started getting overly focused on K/D again in skirmish the other day (I almost always play pubs so I'm at 1.6 when it could easily be way, way higher if I grouped more).
Why would you even want to do that? :D

It's pointless and grindy

Apparently there's a shader for it after TTK drops.

...I think

But I know for a fact that there's one for 3k grimoire and that's plenty enough for me.

ocean

Banned
Even in the lore, Thorn is OP.
The lore makes reference to Thorn dominating the Crucible too:

RbgKbs4.jpg

For more backstory once you read all the Grimoire, start reading Class Item and gear descriptions. Some nuggets, like Hunters having learned Blink from Warlocks, are hidden away there.

I'm really trying to get the least amount of Grimoire on xb1. By that, I just don't care to buy everything and pick up dead ghosts.

That being said, without trying much it's already at 2045.

I try to get everything I can on ps4, and I'm at around 3200. I don't grind Grimoire though. If strike playlist counted, I might be tempted. At least around the time hopscotch farming was a thing.

deoee

I'm at 3580 right now. Would be higher, but I'm waiting for TTK to drop to start a new character.

Yes yes of course it's nothing that I want to criticize someone for.
Personally I just feel like grinding Rumble or x thousand kills for that number to go up not worth the time you have to put in it.

Plus stuff like "Strike Playslists don't count" is a stupid cockblocker for people :(

ocean

Banned
Anyone looking to increase Grimoire:

The fastest way to go up if you haven't yet done it is finding the dead Ghosts. That's probably the only thing you could do where you can spend an afternoon and go up maybe 100 or 200 points if you're missing many.

http://destinyghosthunter.net will let you put in your ID and tell you which Ghosts you're missing, by location, in the most logical order to pick em up, with a text and video explanation on how to reach them.

After that, check your Grimoire tab on destinystatus.com to see if you're missing the Eyes / Heart etc of Crota. They were part of the original Eris quest but the Grimoire bugged for a lot of folks. If they're on your missing Grim, you can kill them all in like 15m on Cosmodrome Patrol.

Last but not least, the Wanted Petra targets are each worth 5-10. You don't even need the bounty, just find them and kill them.

Everything else? Eh such a terrible grind.

Had an amazing match with pewpewbow and Gong last night. 7-2 and 1-4 down pulled it back to 5-4, or pewpew went on a one man wrecking machine. Hawkmoon destroys in skilled hands

If I can up my concentration levels and stop going for stupid kills, i'd be so much better at trials

The lore makes reference to Thorn dominating the Crucible too:

For more backstory once you read all the Grimoire, start reading Class Item and gear descriptions. Some nuggets, like Hunters having learned Blink from Warlocks, are hidden away there.

Other, lesser Hunters

Ugh, unreal. So, so happy.

Posted here a few times looking for some people to run trials and hopefully get to the lighthouse. Didn't have any responses so I had to use LFG.

First time using LFG I went into a 'casual' group looking for a chill run. Figured I could use practice. We never won a single match. 0-3 on 3 tickets. My first night trying trials, 0 and 9.

Tonight, decided to go hunting again, found someone looking to carry people to lighthouse for the first time. The group was totally cool, really chill. Again, I'm NEVER expecting to go to the lighthouse, just hopeful. We decided to do a practice round first and got absolutely annihilated. And I had a terrible round, so I thought oh boy, they're gonna boot me immediately. But we were all cool about it, no big deal, lets get our new tickets and get after it.

We only lost once on our way to 9 and 0 and it was a complete solid team effort. Everyone made plays. It was so much fun, and at the end, I wanted to hug everyone, not just for helping me, but for being so cool the entire time. No yelling, no BS.

I never thought I'd actually get to the Lighthouse, so the feeling of going and opening that chest was ridiculously satisfying. I'm not terrible at pvp, but not amazing either. I just never thought I'd get on a good and fun team, ESPECIALLY on LFG.

So now, I've officially done everything for year 1. I've seen all there is to see, got all the achievements, all the activities, etc. And I'm super pumped about it.

I feel like I asked recently but I'm gonna ask again:

What are some good PS4 headsets? I already have the Sony Gold and the build quality sucks so I want to change brands.

Tecnniqe

Banned

What are some good PS4 headsets? I already have the Sony Gold and the build quality sucks so I want to change brands.
I'm not sure what the Sony gold is, but I recently got me the official wireless ps4 headset from Sony.
Sound is pretty good and mic seems good as well, for a decent price.

Unstable

What's your price range and can you do wired or do you need a wireless headset?

Wired headsets are significantly cheaper and tend to have better quality. I suggest sticking with PC headsets as they, generally speaking, have better quality and tend to be cheaper than their console focused counterparts.

I personally use a Sennheiser game 360

Wired headsets are significantly cheaper and tend to have better quality. I suggest sticking with PC headsets as they, generally speaking, have better quality and tend to be cheaper than their console focused counterparts.

that looks heavy duty but is way out of my range. I'd rather not spend more than $100.

Wired vs wireless makes no difference to me. The Golds were adequate (until they started squeezing my ears) and I was looking forward to picking this up

e65a3cb5bf8ddad3661b23ae64e6228c_L.jpg.pagespeed.ce.shcfjotaPD.jpg

Unfortunately I've realized how cheaply they're made. The plastic doesn't stretch very well and can render the entire thing useless if it breaks at the joints.

Unstable

that looks heavy duty but is way out of my range. I'd rather not spend more than $100.

Wired vs wireless makes no difference to me. The Golds were adequate (until they started squeezing my ears) and I was looking forward to picking this up

Unfortunately I've realized how cheaply they're made. The plastic doesn't stretch very well and can render the entire thing useless if it breaks at the joints.

Take a look at this http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gaming-headsets/

See what, if any, strike you.

ocean

Banned

Listen to this man. Sennheiser makes fantastic, top-notch headsets at a wide variety of price ranges. You'll be trading the convenience of wireless for a significant increase in quality.

Wireless headsets with better quality than the Gold compatible with PS4 come at such a high premium (like Astro 50) that I can't think they're worth it.

e65a3cb5bf8ddad3661b23ae64e6228c_L.jpg.pagespeed.ce.shcfjotaPD.jpg

Mine broke at the joint but I managed to repair them with electrical tape, you can barely notice it

For the price, the sound/mic quality is very good.

2 spots open for a quick HM Atheon kill, then we might do a HM CE if we have time. Join up if anybody wants loot, Triumphs, or fun*

*Fun not guaranteed.

Edit2: full now

Unstable

Listen to this man. Sennheiser makes fantastic, top-notch headsets at a wide variety of price ranges. You'll be trading the convenience of wireless for a significant increase in quality.

Wireless headsets with better quality than the Gold compatible with PS4 come at such a high premium (like Astro 50) that I can't think they're worth it.

The only wireless headset, that I've personally tried, that even comes close to the clarity, quality, and range of sound of a good wired pair of cans is the Steelseries H Wireless. Even still, they're a tad quiet for my taste.

Well now that my bday festivities have died down if anyine needs a gaurdian id be glad to help out.I really wanted to try for my first lighthouse to end the day but eh figured id just get disappointed as usual and now im hearing i should actually bump my 2990 grimoire to max?

Virdix

Carrying in Trials is rough on my heart

Edit: Now its time to do some strikes with Universal remote for that shotgun grimoire, 1200 to go

deadduck

I've got the turtle beach 800 recently, expensive but great build quality (my Sony golds snapped and have half a roll of gaffer tape holding them together). Bit tight, but charging dock is great, i never have to charge by cable (always did with sony), battery outlasts my 10 hour sessions.

Just wanted to say thanks again to Drizzy and xo for carrying me through to Mercury. One of the rounds was insane! The other team seriously had like 40 revives in total lol
And of course the Triumph carries as well. You guys are too good to me :'(

Ambitious

Just wanted to say thanks again to Drizzy and xo for carrying me through to Mercury. One of the rounds was insane! The other team seriously had like 40 revives in total lol
And of course the Triumph carries as well. You guys are too good to me :'(

You made it to Mercury? Nice. Haven't played since our failed attempt.

Raybunny

I've got the turtle beach 800 recently, expensive but great build quality (my Sony golds snapped and have half a roll of gaffer tape holding them together). Bit tight, but charging dock is great, i never have to charge by cable (always did with sony), battery outlasts my 10 hour sessions.

Surprising cause I got once the Turtle Beach Z6A and for the price, they were the worse piece or crap I ever had. The plastic broke in 1000000 pieces with a very careful usage.

Got myself the Astro A40 + mixamp and couldn't be happier.

deadduck

Came across some beasts in the Crucible recently, people with 3-4kds in Trials and top 100 DTR.

I've never been much of a fps player before Destiny, but crept my way up from a sub 1kdr, but theres nothing like getting utterly destroyed to put you in your place.

I take consolation that they are all blinking, quickdraw hunters as I sulk.

Top Bottom