• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

So I saw the comment in the E-mail from Bungie about breaking 3000 Grimoire score, but is there rumor of a reward for maximum Grimoire? I have it on PSN. Finishing it on Xbox also during year one is a bit of a tall order.

So I saw the comment in the E-mail from Bungie about breaking 3000 Grimoire score, but is there rumor of a reward for maximum Grimoire? I have it on PSN. Finishing it on Xbox also during year one is a bit of a tall order.

I got that email too. I have over 3500. Bungie loves their secrets.

c904cef94bff150b68a2c57fdcf46548.jpg

Haha, no Storm Fist since I was a Defender. I was wearing the Feedback Fence gauntlets though. So maybe my shotgun, my melee, and the Feedback Fence shockwave all added up enough damage in a short enough time to kill a full health Bladedancer.

Also Drizz, would tomorrow night sometime be good for you to help me with Sholas? I'm away on vacation from Thurs to Sunday so I'm short on time, haha. If not no worries maybe Sunday night or Monday.

Ah of course no Storm Fist, derp. The Feedback Fence was the effect I noticed. Melee is 61 damage on a BDancer, makes sense with some shotty pellets and those gauntlets. I'm sure he was salty though!

Yeah tomorrow night should be cool, I'll be around all week. Nothing to do in Destiny except help people kill Skolas.

ocean

Banned
Well good deal, I'll pull my thorn out. The kick on that thing though. Gotta get used to it.
Thorn isn't getting year 2'd (good riddance).

If suggest you practice with Hawkmoon if you have it, or a good Pulse Rifle like Red Death or The Messenger. These are likely to play somewhat similarly after the weapon balancing patch.

The Lasr Word is my favorite, and the best, but it has a very particular learning curve. In a few weeks it'll play very differently, with less range and modified stability so learning it now isn't the best time investment.

Hahaha

Zoba, I hear the term head glitching a lot. From my understanding, it's when someone uses vertical parts of the map to get some height differences to where just their head barely sticks out.

Is that a problem with the map layout or the actual shooting part of the game? I don't think I usually see the gun and they're able to shoot. It seems different than using high aim assist snipers to shoot near a head.

What's the best strategy for mines if you have a fireteam of a Warlock, Hunter, Titan?

Here's what I'm thinking:

• Move to left hand (upper) side, everyone has their super and make sure all adds are down.
  • Transfer taint to Warlock
  • Burn Skolas to mine activation
  • Warlock runs to far left point and dies from taint
  • Titan & Hunter rotate to Middle Mine or Right (lower) Side
  • Titan & Hunter handle Middle/Right Mines with supers
  • Titan & Hunter get tainted and exchange taint once
  • Warlock self-rez's when Far Left Mine comes up
  • Warlock either rotates to Titan & Hunter or Titan & Hunter rotate to Warlock keep taint rotation going
Is this the best strategy?

Hahaha

Zoba, I hear the term head glitching a lot. From my understanding, it's when someone uses vertical parts of the map to get some height differences to where just their head barely sticks out.

Is that a problem with the map layout or the actual shooting part of the game? I don't think I usually see the gun and they're able to shoot. It seems different than using high aim assist snipers to shoot near a head.

Pretty sure it's related to how Bungie has their shooters work.

Because of the 1st person aspect of the game, developers typically have this delimma regularly.

Do they have bullets come from the gun like they should? Or do bullets come from the camera, like the player sees?

Basically, if you fire a bullet, it comes out of your forehead. I remember Halo 3 did this and it always looked funny because you could see it so clearly in the theatre mode.

Of course, what this means is that in the game, if you can see it, you can shoot it. Doesn't matter if you gun is actually being obstructed by anything.

To test this go stand next to a wall on your right side. You'll notice that even though your gun has a wall in front of it, you can still shoot around the corner because you can SEE around the corner.

ADS does a good job of hiding this, but it was much more obviously in Bungie's Halo games.

Looking to do Skolas, is it doable at lvl 33 or should I wait? I've never tried before.

Lv33 is possible, I've done it several times w a 33 in the group. The big hit is being one level down, which everyone is forced to be in PoE35. Two levels down isn't as big a deal but definitely noticeable. If you have good weapons and ideally as a Sunsinger it can be done but being Lv34 would make it more fun for you.

Excellent news, will work on maxing my Fang of Ir Yut / Found Verdict and Gallahorn ... next question, whats the quickest way to max these weapons ? Bounties ?

Yeah bounties are best, also have them equipped when you finish the Daily for 7500 XP. You can pass them around as many characters as you have. Also, you can buy some telemetries from the Gunsmith if you have Glimmer to spare.

Fang + FV + GH is pretty much perfect load out for Skolas.

MrDaravon

Soooooo anyone down for Nightfalls, or anything after that? I'm home all day....because I just quit my job.

Which I was going to put my two-week notice at today anyway because it's total garbage and my wife works and we have plenty of savings, but I just got a callback from one of my dream job applications for an in-person interview on Thursday :D :D :D

Hedera

Soooooo anyone down for Nightfalls, or anything after that? I'm home all day....because I just quit my job.

Which I was going to put my two-week notice at today anyway because it's total garbage and my wife works and we have plenty of savings, but I just got a callback from one of my dream job applications for an in-person interview on Thursday :D :D :D

We can start up PSN: Narasingh
I have one more NF left to do if I could join.

Hahaha

that's basically what it is. the term refers to when a player is hugging a wall or inclined surface and peeking out (usually with a Sniper) just enough to see you, but not enough to expose themselves. It's hard to hit them because the amount of themselves that they're exposing on their screen isn't actually what you're seeing. Their gun can shoot you, but you can't even see their gun, hence the term. There was a diagram from Halo about it a while ago.

It's not something you can completely avoid (nor should it be), but Bungie makes a habit of designing their maps to encourage it. Ramps are a way of creating height variation and cover on a flat space by adding depth to part of the geometry. When a ramp is created, the player is able to change the amount of cover they have based on their position on the ramp. This is actually a very smart alternative to geometry such as pillars, where the player cannot meaningfully interact with it.. Nevertheless, it creates a position where the player is able to see enemies who are exposed without exposing themselves. When used in excess, it makes the gameplay slow and campy.

Best place to find a headglitcher is by the B heavy ammo on Shores of Time.

MrDaravon

I'm in Vikas, I'm still getting no voice in party chat either though, still says NAT restrictions :(. I'm gonna check my settings real quick.

kiri

Howdy all, anyone up for doing Dark Below DLC story missions in about 2.5/3 hours from now? I need to get through them for my Year 1 Emblem - PS4; kuriyo88

Top Bottom