• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

FyreWulff

So I saw the comment in the E-mail from Bungie about breaking 3000 Grimoire score, but is there rumor of a reward for maximum Grimoire? I have it on PSN. Finishing it on Xbox also during year one is a bit of a tall order.

There wouldn't be since some Grimoires are outright glitched.

Pretty sure it's related to how Bungie has their shooters work.

Because of the 1st person aspect of the game, developers typically have this delimma regularly.

Do they have bullets come from the gun like they should? Or do bullets come from the camera, like the player sees?

Basically, if you fire a bullet, it comes out of your forehead. I remember Halo 3 did this and it always looked funny because you could see it so clearly in the theatre mode.

Of course, what this means is that in the game, if you can see it, you can shoot it. Doesn't matter if you gun is actually being obstructed by anything.

To test this go stand next to a wall on your right side. You'll notice that even though your gun has a wall in front of it, you can still shoot around the corner because you can SEE around the corner.

ADS does a good job of hiding this, but it was much more obviously in Bungie's Halo games.

Yea that's what it was.

7_Reach_Nose_Shot1-300x1721.png

Haha. I'm always impressed with the DGAFers who are married and still able to put a good chunk of time in to Destiny.

There's a guy we randomly met who is married, has kids (we hear them in the background) and still does just about everything each week with all 3 of his characters. I don't understand how that's even possible.

Haha. I'm always impressed with the DGAFers who are married and still able to put a good chunk of time in to Destiny.

Just wait til you have kids. ;)

There's a guy we randomly met who is married, has kids (we hear them in the background) and still does just about everything each week with all 3 of his characters. I don't understand how that's even possible.

I have a toddler and my wife is pregnant with #2. I'm much more busy than I was before, more tired, but once the kid goes to bed (~7:30pm), I'm free to do what I like, so honestly, it's not that bad.

GutZ31

How the hell do we acquire all these cloaks? They look awesome.

aos#cryptid cloak

Unfortunately, this one was vanilla destiny crucible bought.
After Crotas End dropped, it changed.

Don't think you can get it anymore, unless through crucible packages maybe??

LordofPwn

wait people believe xur is coming today? he'll just be on instagram to tease exotics that he'll probably sell 2 months from now.

also what now about grimoire over 3000? mine is 3630

What's the best strategy for mines if you have a fireteam of a Warlock, Hunter, Titan?

Here's what I'm thinking:

• Move to left hand (upper) side, everyone has their super and make sure all adds are down.
  • Transfer taint to Warlock
  • Burn Skolas to mine activation
  • Warlock runs to far left point and dies from taint
  • Titan & Hunter rotate to Middle Mine or Right (lower) Side
  • Titan & Hunter handle Middle/Right Mines with supers
  • Titan & Hunter get tainted and exchange taint once
  • Warlock self-rez's when Far Left Mine comes up
  • Warlock either rotates to Titan & Hunter or Titan & Hunter rotate to Warlock keep taint rotation going
Is this the best strategy?

Hmm a little tricky to say due to spawn order RNG and timing. For example if the upper mine spawns first you wouldn't want your Warlock to have used their self-res for that. The mines spawn slowly enough that it'd be risky for the Hunter and Titan to only be able to exchange once. If the upper mine spawns last then I'd guess one of them would have to die w the taint. The Warlock would have to meet up with the survivor w/o self-res, which could be risky.

Personally I always activate the mines from the bottom balcony with everyone together. There's a 67% chance that the first mine will be close. If it spawns far away (top), you can either move right (cliff side) as a group or make sure your Hunter is immune and have them Blade Dance straight across to it. Some people aren't as comfortable using BD for mobility but it should take 12 seconds to reach and 8 seconds to dismantle with invisibility to stay safe, plenty of time.

Titan should always pop a Bubble on the middle mine. If Titan is immune, they can go by themselves. Otherwise the person who needs to exchange taint has to go with them. Warlock should use self-res to die w the taint and buy everyone some time before Skolas re-taints, although it's even better if they don't have to use it. Ultimately the mine RNG means people have to stay alert and communicate. After first mines, get his health down to the "k" in Skolas. Make sure everyone has full rockets, burn him down then clear the second mines in peace. Works well even on Small Arms week.

noomi

aos#cryptid cloak

Unfortunately, this one was vanilla destiny crucible bought.
After Crotas End dropped, it changed.

Don't think you can get it anymore, unless through crucible packages maybe??

I have this cloak and it looks pretty awesome as well. Bought it back when it was available, never seen it drop from pkg though

darthbob

wait people believe xur is coming today? he'll just be on instagram to tease exotics that he'll probably sell 2 months from now.

also what now about grimoire over 3000? mine is 3630

Bungie sent an email to some people (myself included) that mentioned hitting 3000 Grimoire.

yZUx7Wn.png

I'm at 3505.

phen0m24

Hmm a little tricky to say due to spawn order RNG and timing. For example if the upper mine spawns first you wouldn't want your Warlock to have used their self-res for that. The mines spawn slowly enough that it'd be risky for the Hunter and Titan to only be able to exchange once. If the upper mine spawns last then I'd guess one of them would have to die w the taint. The Warlock would have to meet up with the survivor w/o self-res, which could be risky.

Personally I always activate the mines from the bottom balcony with everyone together. There's a 67% chance that the first mine will be close. If it spawns far away (top), you can either move right (cliff side) as a group or make sure your Hunter is immune and have them Blade Dance straight across to it. Some people aren't as comfortable using BD for mobility but it should take 12 seconds to reach and 8 seconds to dismantle with invisibility to stay safe, plenty of time.

Titan should always pop a Bubble on the middle mine. If Titan is immune, they can go by themselves. Otherwise the person who needs to exchange taint has to go with them. Warlock should use self-res to die w the taint and buy everyone some time before Skolas re-taints, although it's even better if they don't have to use it. Ultimately the mine RNG means people have to stay alert and communicate. After first mines, get his health down to the "k" in Skolas. Make sure everyone has full rockets, burn him down then clear the second mines in peace. Works well even on Small Arms week.

Drizzy = scientist

Maybe I should do Skolas with you to try to grab a Bow. :)

I hope that Xur only sells year 2 versions of exotics come TTK. it will be annoying if he sells year ones only and you have to go through the hoops to upgrade them.

Its dead orbit, so I don't know if its exotic or not.
Also, when it was data mined, everyone expected it to drop with the House of Wolves DLC, sooo, alot can change lol.
I remember seeing some database awhile ago that had exotic faction class items. . .
Which doesn't necessarily mean anything.

<Smart analysis and advice.>

Thanks for the advice, Drizz. I'm running a total PoE newb through this week. I've done Skolas 4 times, and always clear the mines, but it has always felt super scary. Your strategy seems good. We need to run the 34 ahead of time and this week has a Fallen: Disable Mines round, so we'll practice there.

Its dead orbit, so I don't know if its exotic or not.
Also, when it was data mined, everyone expected it to drop with the House of Wolves DLC, sooo, alot can change lol.

everyone expected 347 dynasty and fate of fools to drop with HoW also. I guess we were the fools

stb

Brawler and Juggler. Excellent.

science? ltwood? drizz? Who's steamrolling Skolas for with me tonight (in about 9 hours)?

my favorites

Shattered Vault with bloodpact
vb4cEcL.jpg

IwqrQGC.jpg

Grinder's Cloak with Glowhoo
zrjsBBw.jpg

Pleiades Hood
xvBkXxL.jpg

osFEvzK.jpg

Frumious Cloak with Cryptographic
6Sz2U5p.jpg

00KiUuD.jpg

IfANiBx.jpg

I dont think I have ever seen the Frumious cloak. what rarety is it? Can you still get?

Pleiades Hood was made for female hunters only. that would look downright silly on a male hunter

ich00

[

It's all about waiting for everyone to go to sleep then doing things slowly thoughout the week. Also coffee.

With everything in TTK I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep up with all 3 character tho, well shall see.

Top Bottom