• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

inthrall

Hey dude, sorry I had to bail for now, I can probably get back online a bit later if you're still looking to do somehting.

All good, I actually just wanted to do bounties! I'l be keen for some trials if you're up for it later, but no need to hold me to that

Top of the page edit:
hqdefault.jpg

Did a card with Rubenov and Silvard tonight and it was the most sustained lag I'd ever seen in Trials. Literally every match had at least one red bar enemy if not the entire team being laggy. There was only one match that seemed like possible lag switchers, where guys were getting revived well after everyone on their team was supposedly dead. It was pretty brutal.

It's very frustrating. I'm glad bungie is addressing it but it feels like they have a way to go still before it's where it needs to be.

I'm not sure what the best approach is for using tlw looking at the perks I assume the gun excels at not aiming down the sights but I get wrecked by players pretty far away. Do you aim for headshots like other hand cannons? Or just hold down the trigger and hope for the best? I've been using the devil you know since launch now I'm trying out tlw and its feels completely different

Check out the TLW guide by resident PvP expert Zoba

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=160766797&postcount=971

For perks, always use Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance. The hip fire and full auto stuff can be misleading. You almost never want to use full auto unless you are really close quarters. Use hip fire and aim your shots carefully (not full auto) for close-mid range. TLW actually does really well at mid range with ADS, going for headshots.

Knowing when to use ADS vs hip fire is one of the hardest but most important parts for the gun. TLW is very unique, not like any other hand cannon although you still want to aim carefully and not throw out everything you've learned using traditional HCs.

I wonder if Destiny 2 will have more than

Hand Cannons
Pulse
Scout
AR, lol almost forgot about these

Shotgun
Snipee
Fusion
(Side Arm)

Rocket
Machine Gun

Heavy is lonely

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

For perks, always use Aggressive Ballistics and Perfect Balance. The hip fire and full auto stuff can be misleading. You almost never want to use full auto unless you are really close quarters. Use hip fire and aim your shots carefully (not full auto) for close-mid range. TLW actually does really well at mid range with ADS, going for headshots.

Knowing when to use ADS vs hip fire is one of the hardest but most important parts for the gun. TLW is very unique, not like any other hand cannon although you still want to aim carefully and not throw out everything you've learned using traditional HCs.

even if you're using it wrong, its still a top 3 weapon behind Thorn and Hawkmoon

can't wait for the blessed nerf day

ocean

Banned
even if you're using it wrong, its still a top 3 weapon behind Thorn and Hawkmoon

can't wait for the blessed nerf day
How fun PvP remains for me in TTK is equal parts determined by 1) how the range on bullshit shotguns will be dealt with and 2) how effective TLW and Hawkmoon still are post patch.

DY_nasty

How fun PvP remains for me in TTK is equal parts determined by 1) how the range on bullshit shotguns will be dealt with and 2) how effective TLW and Hawkmoon still are post patch.

Handguns not being able to duel scout rifles is a big change to look forward too. TLW range, mag size, and stability being cut back (and the hip fire bug being fixed finally) give me all I could ask for.

Thorn being nerfed to shit is the true beauty though.

thank you so much! its such a cool looking gun and feels really unique to everything else im going to try and be more mindful ADS vs hip fire thanks again

ocean

Banned
Handguns not being able to duel scout rifles is a big change to look forward too. TLW range, mag size, and stability being cut back (and the hip fire bug being fixed finally) give me all I could ask for.

Thorn being nerfed to shit is the true beauty though.
TLW range was a big much. Hipfire bug definitely needed fixing. Stability? I could see a slight reduction making things fair but I fear Bungie will overdo it. But mag size? Cmon man. It's tight enough as is for a gun that fires so quick and encourages hip firing, specially if stability gets cut.

Out of every weapon in the game, you know which has the highest theoretical TTK (assuming perfect 100% crits)? SUROS Regime with Focus Fire at a whopping 1.2s. That's how Bungie handles nerfs :/

Pat_DC

I decided to finally level up my puny warlock. Did most of 8-18 in the crucible as well as quick runs of story to unlock mars.

Control was actually pretty fun but to finish a bounty I jumped into rumble, big mistake!
I will have nightmares of thorn/ram users, even though the weapon damage was levelled out I couldn't compete with my scrub skills and green weapons.
Back to control to finish the lvl 19 grind.

Anyway finally got this guy to 20 *laughs
I had legendary engrams for chest, boots, helmet and 3 warlock exotic pieces ready to go in the vault. *laughs more
Roll everything but the chest piece and we are good, somehow I roll an exotic chest piece from the legendary engram...

...for hunter

...that I all ready have. ;__;

I take my shard and realise it's time to grind that vanguard rep.
Well played rng.

Oscar

Hey guys I have a quick question.

So I stopped playing before the first expansion released and I'm planning to return because I miss the gunplay.

I see that The Taken King is coming out next month, my question is: Should I wait for that, or play through the current expansions? I don't want to "grind" for gear this close to an expansion if it's going to be useless once TTK is out.

What do you guys suggest I do? I don't mind waiting, but I also could start grinding for any mats that may be necessary in TTK (I know nothing about it besides the fact that it's a MAJOR expansion).

After trying repeatedly, week after week to go flawless with my trials team, (two real life friends) we finally did it. Over the past couple of months we encountered some heart breaking denials including getting to game 9, 4-3 up, one guy left to kill with two of us up...just as I was throwing the grenade that would have killed the guy, my team mate was running for cover and nudged me slightly which caused my grenade to hit the wall and kill me. Last guy got the revive, killed my mate then they took the last game.

But we finally made it. Got a solar scholar for my troubles. Would have liked a messenger or a jewel but beggars can't be choosers. Also got voidfang for the umpteenth time.

Nothing, after the second round (the rounds went all the way to capture the point) we got booted to the main screen.

There was no one on the map, but you can see people doing gestures because of the notification.

WARRIOR! I'll never forget the Elimination match I played where this one dude was trying to guard his two AFK teammates for 3 rounds. He was fierce, like a mother lioness guarding her cubs. He might have won if he wasn't using a SUROS REGIME.

this. hoping to see

-shotguns nerfed
-thorn nerfed to hell and back
-the last word still viable but harder to use
-blink begin to cause seizures

I love the last word its such a great and fun gun to use in PVP.

ocean

Banned
this. hoping to see

-shotguns nerfed
I really hope the Final Round glitch on Thorn gets addressed. They acknowledged the ADS 111s on TLW; even as a TLW user I know that's bullshit and needs to go :p but they didn't mention Thorn's FR which is worrying.

Being able to start any encounter with Thorn where your first (and last too) bullet procs Final Round? In 3v3 especially it's totally bonkers. Makes getting the two tap on your first opponent trivially easy.

Hearing someone unload their Thorn at the beginning of the match for that glitch is worse than hearing them unload their FR snipers :p

Hey guys I have a quick question.

So I stopped playing before the first expansion released and I'm planning to return because I miss the gunplay.

I see that The Taken King is coming out next month, my question is: Should I wait for that, or play through the current expansions? I don't want to "grind" for gear this close to an expansion if it's going to be useless once TTK is out.

What do you guys suggest I do? I don't mind waiting, but I also could start grinding for any mats that may be necessary in TTK (I know nothing about it besides the fact that it's a MAJOR expansion).

We'll probably know more after their Twitch stream on Wednesday but odds are that TTK will change things up so much it'll make the most sense to wait. Play a little over the next month for fun but don't sweat the loot grind at all. Some stuff like ascendant materials will still be good for converting into glimmer, stuff like that.

We know that you'll keep your current level when TTK drops, but it should also be much easier to level up in TTK since it's only based on experience and not needing to get then upgrade armor pieces.

Hey guys, I set up a CE HM run for 9.30pm Sydney time (roughly 4 hours from now) on Destiny 100.io, but there are still a couple open spots. Would anyone be interested?

DY_nasty

TLW range was a big much. Hipfire bug definitely needed fixing. Stability? I could see a slight reduction making things fair but I fear Bungie will overdo it. But mag size? Cmon man. It's tight enough as is for a gun that fires so quick and encourages hip firing, specially if stability gets cut.

Out of every weapon in the game, you know which has the highest theoretical TTK (assuming perfect 100% crits)? SUROS Regime with Focus Fire at a whopping 1.2s. That's how Bungie handles nerfs :/
TLW is a damn near perfect weapon. ADS and its a threat midrange, hipfire range may as well be stepping into a blender. There's no flaw in the weapon at all. At least Hawkmoon is somewhat dependent on luck and can only be taken advantage of fully by counting shots. The large mag size for the Hawkmoon is actually a drawback in a way. What's TLW's drawback? You can have too much fun with an OP weapon? I guess lol. Glad the Mythoclast got nerfed down to simply 'really good' too.

But AR return is gonna be something scary (that I honestly look forward too since other weapons have seen a lot of love since the last time ARs ran shit), thankfully pulse rifles are in a such a spot that they can actually be combated on similar footing finally imo
this. hoping to see

-shotguns nerfed

I actually sat back and 'tested' shotgun range with some AFKers in rumble this weekend.

shit is legit wild. even with the range drop off, higher impact shotguns are still one shot from across some rooms. seeing it plainly laid out has made me even more fuckless with shotgun tbh. i'll fire shots from one side of the b point room in delphi to the other knowing that if I'm lucky it's a 1kh

hoping for some fusion rifle diversity in TTK too. really, really stale in HoW

I really hope the Final Round glitch on Thorn gets addressed. They acknowledged the ADS 111s on TLW; even as a TLW user I know that's bullshit and needs to go :p but they didn't mention Thorn's FR which is worrying.

Being able to start any encounter with Thorn where your first (and last too) bullet procs Final Round? In 3v3 especially it's totally bonkers. Makes getting the two tap on your first opponent trivially easy.

Hearing someone unload their Thorn at the beginning of the match for that glitch is worse than hearing them unload their FR snipers :p

9/10 teams we encountered yesterday abused this glitch, made me a bit sad. Every single time one bullet of Thorn left us with a sliver of health followed by a firebolt grenade...

Anyone with Crota Deathsingers CP?

HM ok?

9/10 teams we encountered yesterday abused this glitch, made me a bit sad. Every single time one bullet of Thorn left us with a sliver of health followed by a firebolt grenade...

Its odd this has never been acknowledged by Bungie, they're fixing the 111 bug like its some game breaking thing, when its not. But zero mention of being able to get a first round final round every single time. It hits for 117 + DoT ffs

ocean

Banned
It's especially abusable in Trials since its round-based. You can start each round with this Douchebaggery. Plus extra extra try hards can do something like rock The Ram during a match. Swap to Voidfang while they're dead. Get revived with full grenade energy. Or swap before the beginning of each round. Havin Firebolt+Viking + a Final Round Thorn at the beginning of every single match is so, so dirty :p

Edit: ^ yeah I've seen a lot of Thorn FR glitch abuse in Trials. Pretty pathetic but Trials does bring out the worst in some people.

After trying repeatedly, week after week to go flawless with my trials team, (two real life friends) we finally did it. Over the past couple of months we encountered some heart breaking denials including getting to game 9, 4-3 up, one guy left to kill with two of us up...just as I was throwing the grenade that would have killed the guy, my team mate was running for cover and nudged me slightly which caused my grenade to hit the wall and kill me. Last guy got the revive, killed my mate then they took the last game.

But we finally made it. Got a solar scholar for my troubles. Would have liked a messenger or a jewel but beggars can't be choosers. Also got voidfang for the umpteenth time.

Always great to hear stories like this. Trials can be very unforgiving but it's very cool that you persevered with your team and overcame the challenge. Loot will come and go but memories like that will last a very long time.

RedRumy3

Still can't beat POE 35 =[ Get so close and poof we all die. Only thing I need for that moment of triumph background. Skolas pissing me off lol.

DarKshodaN

Nice! I beat PoE 34 with the help from a great Team.

So since i have now my first ethric light, should i upgrade my Armor with it or wait till the reset and get another Armor Core, and maybe get lucky that i can get a +42 armor piece that fits for me

Sitting at LvL 33 at the moment.

Nice! I beat PoE 34 with the help from a great Team.

So since i have now my first ethric light, should i upgrade my Armor with it or wait till the reset and get another Armor Core, and maybe get lucky that i can get a +42 armor piece that fits for me

Sitting at LvL 33 at the moment.

Just wait for reset, do the 32 for another armour core then you'll know what to upgrade with your light

I love the last word its such a great and fun gun to use in PVP.
I've been trying to get to grips with taming The Last Word during my recent PvP games. I'm so much better with Thorn but it makes me feel slightly dirty ;).
However I wasn't aware that most people don't use full auto. I will have to try ADS using quick R2 bashes instead

Nuszka

Gmorning dgaf!!! Wife is packing for an overnight stay with her friend in dublin. In about 2 hours i will drop them off at the train station and then... grinding... grimoire lol

deadduck

Wow elimination is a really bad mode with randoms. People keep dropping out of games and leaving people solo.

But don't you know everything should have matchmaking, even Trials and raids. Until it gets it, I'm not even looking at Destiny!!!

Said all gaming threads that include Destiny.

Raybunny

HM ok?

Its odd this has never been acknowledged by Bungie, they're fixing the 111 bug like its some game breaking thing, when its not. But zero mention of being able to get a first round final round every single time. It hits for 117 + DoT ffs

Yes HM, but I just got it. its fast to do the first 2 parts :) Cheers.

Top Bottom