• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Kyoufu

Well Nami, the Fallen too me are still the most interesting race in Destiny. I mean you can probably do the Cabal but we don't know a lot about them base on Grimore and such.

For me the Vex are by far the most interesting species, but that's probably because they're the most "sci-fi" race of the lot. Time travelling badasses.

The only thing I question about this is how far into the story do we unlock the new subclasses and will we be forced to take on Bounties, a la HoW, to "meet" new people. So we may have to throw away a few of our 10 5k bounties to free up room for required TTK bounties while we wait to unlock the subclass. I'm also holding them for fast rep gains and leveling up some new weapons that I get early on. But getting all 10 slots filled probably isn't necessary. I'm doing it on my Warlock and Titan so that I can progress with my Hunter and maybe get some drops by Titan and Warlock can help level up with the XP when I want to.

Don't forget that when TTK launches your bounties will have 6 open slots because we are going from 10 to 16. So you will be guaranteed to have 6 open slots at minimum.

hypeeeeeeeeee
hyyyyyype
hFdQegN.gif

For me the Vex are by far the most interesting species, but that's probably because they're the most "sci-fi" race of the lot. Time travelling badasses.

Oh yeah, but I just like to see the Vex remain mysterious. And they are the most Sci-fi for sure. I hope we get a Mecury raid in the future with Vex.

GutZ31

Well Nami, the Fallen too me are still the most interesting race in Destiny. I mean you can probably do the Cabal but we don't know a lot about them base on Grimore and such.

Yeah, the fallen have a deeper woven story then any of the other races.
A house was domesticated by the Awoken Queen.
The house then turned on the Queen.
The Queen threw everything at the house for its betrayal.
The house is no more, and its leader is in prison, forever the target of guadians looking for glory and the queens favor.

LTWood12

Yeah, the fallen have a deeper woven story then any of the other races.
A house was domesticated by the Awoken Queen.
The house then turned on the Queen.
The Queen threw everything at the house for its betrayal.
The house is no more, and its leader is in prison, forever the target of guadians looking for glory and the queens favor.

"Fallen you call us, but we are Eliksni..."

shenze

Banned
alright i did one VoG and three Crota's and heres what i got:

VoG:
praedyths timepiece
vex mythoclast
vision of confluence
Hawkmoon
Plan C

Crota:
dragons breath
No Land Beyond
word of crota
and a few new armors

lets just say I screamed in joy

Nolanbot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dinklebot

darthbob

Maybe they should have modulated Dinklebots voice as much as they have modulated Nolanbots?

I think it's been modulated just fine. Simply adding an additional filter won't change his cadence, delivery, or (most importantly) the subject matter.

At this point, I just want better writing.

So is PoE going to go the way of the raids and become relatively useless for new gear, or will it be treated more like a Nightfall that changes a bit with each level increase and remains viable?

jMdij3N.jpg

The Fallen are one of four alien races the Guardians have come across in their battles to thwart the Darkness. These four armed-bipedal humanoids can be found in locations such as the Moon, Earth, Venus, and even the Reef.

The Fallen aren't a unified species. They long splintered off into Houses. We currently know 7 Houses: House of Rain, Winter, Wolves, Judgment, Kings, Exile, and Devils. Most of these houses are led by Kells. These nomadic pirates operates in packs. These packs, led by Fallen Captains, consist of Dregs and Vandals.

Dregs are the lowest ranking Fallen. Unlike other Fallen, Dregs only have two fully developed arms. Their arsenal consists of shock daggers and pistols.

Vandals are a higher rank than dregs. These Fallen can be train to fight in close quarter combat and from afar. Stealth vandals prefer the up and personal approach. They cloak themselves and attack with sabres. Upon landing a hit, they lose their cloaking shields for a few seconds. The riflemen vandals uses a powerful weapon known as the Wire Rifle to attack from a safe distance. The only drawback on this powerful weapon is the long recharge time.

Captains are the fiercest of the Fallen. Like Vandals, they can rush you with sabres or attack from afar with weaponry such as their solar shotguns and seeking blasters.

Accompanying these brutes are small drones call Shanks and the powerful Servitors. Shanks attack in large numbers while Servitors dishes out powerful void projectiles from the eye like structure in their design. The Servitors are worshiped by Fallen Archons due to being the source of the fallen's Ether supply.

Archons are high priests of the Fallen and fight very much like a Fallen Captain. They however are more powerful than their Captain underlings. They're so powerful, their stomps can send a guardian flying back several feet.

House of Winter
The House of Winter currently preside on Venus. Reports state that the House of Winter's interest in the Golden Age ruins is why they roam the Ishtar Region. Though there are some that believe they are interested in the mysterious Vex Citadel.

The House of Winter was once led by one of the most wanted Kell of the Fallen, Draksis. This powerful Kell was ultimately struck down by the Guardians of Earth. Under his command were the Winter Baron, Grayliks, and the Servitor, Simiks-3. These two sought out the knowledge hidden deep in the Archive but were stopped in their endeavors by the Guardians.

House of Judgment
The House of Judgment was one of the oldest Houses in Fallen history. The only surviving member of this house resides in the Vestian Outpost. Variks, the former Scribe of House of Jugdment, left what was left of his House and sided with Queen Mara during the Reef wars. This action led to House of Judgment living on through him.

House of Rain
This long extinct Fallen House was known for their prophecies. Not much else is known about this House.

House of Devils
The House of Devils have a long history with the Guardians of Earth. Called the Scourge of the City, this House were responsible for the destruction of London and the Battle of Twilight Gap. Currently, this House roam Old Russia in search of something hidden deep below the Cosmodrome. The Guardians continue to fight the Fallen of House Devil to this, hoping to stop them from finding whatever it is they are looking for. In their efforts to stop them, the Guardians gave a major blow to the House of Devil after eliminating Sepiks Prime and many of the Fallen Majors and capturing their stronghold, Devil's Lair. As of now, the Guardian remain in the dark on the identity of this House's Kell.

House of Exile
This minor House patrols the abandoned outposts on the Moon. As their name suggests, this House consists of mostly outcasts and disgraced Fallen. As revealed by Variks, this House do not follow any of the Fallen traditions: they do not follow a Kell or an Archon nor do they posses a Prime Servitor.

House of Kings
The House of Kings remained out of the Guardians' sight till Skolas was freed. The Kings are considered to be the most brutal of the houses, often waging war against the City and other Fallen Houses alike. Due to their secrecy, very little is known of them. In their mission to recapture Skolas, the Guardians of Earth infiltrated the King's Watch, a restricted location in Old Russia. It was there the Guardians took out two of the Kings' Barons. They encountered a third Baron before on their quest to prevent Crota's revival.

House of Wolves
The House of Wolves was once led by the Kell, Virixas. On their way to Earth, they were confronted by the Queen's forces, preventing them from joining up their fellow Houses on Earth in their war against the City. Due to the Queen's sudden interference, the Fallen Houses on Earth were defeated at a heavy cost to the Guardians. The House of Wolves retaliated against the Queen's forces. They proved no match and after Virixas was defeated, Queen Mara Sov forced what was left to serve her.

She imprisoned Wolves leaders such as Kaliks Prime and a Captain by the name of Skolas. She would hand over the Wolves Captain over to the mysterious group known as the Nine. One of their agents, Xur, would released Skolas from his prison. This led to the former Wolves Captain to seek out his former House and lead an uprising against the Queen. Many Awoken fell to the might of the resurgent Wolves. The many deaths would lead to the Queen seeking help from the Guardians of Earth.

The Guardians, with the help of Petra Venj and Variks of House Judgment, successfully recapture the self proclaimed Kell of Kells. Skolas would end up facing his final Judgment later on after the Queen opened the Prison of Elders to the Guardians.

This general info only. Not including information such as the battle of Twilight Gap or the battles of Six fronts. Don't know which alien species to do next. :(
Yes, I was bored and decided to do some general information shit on enemies and what not.

Nami has become a Warlock.

Carn82

Ehh, they're kind of like a less interesting Geth, but with time travel. I guess the time travel brings them in line with sky net though.

Well, to be fair, if you've seen a few scifi moves, played a few scifi games, read a few scifi books; there arent that many tropes available (or to juxtapose against each other). Wouldnt 'surprise' me if a future Destiny game will feature a more humanized/individual Vex that the played interacts with, just as they have done with Variks.

Top Bottom