• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Jawmuncher

It's not up yet.... will be up close to the launch date.

There is currently no digital version of the Legendary Edition. It might exist once the expansion launches but otherwise I don't think they want people to be able to buy everything for $60 and start playing now. They want you to pay more until 9/15.

Oh ok, guess it would make sense to make people wait since the retail price people have to wait as well.

i just noticed that all I missing is two chests and actually beat Scolas in PoE 35 to be complete in the circle of life thingy

after Iron Banner week is over, I will give Scolass a try

That's the way I see it. I don't think we will ever see anything on the level of Saint -14 / Ram in terms of dominance.

Yeah, I was thinking this too. At the very least, we'll get a version of them, but they won't be as good. Hopefully TTK is designed in such a way that the helmet is actually useful in the PvE content.

bitsurugi

What the fuck Iron Banner is live

I HAD RANK 5 ON MY TITAN GOD DAMNIT

Yep, i've even said it yesterday, that IB should be today, but then i saw no notifications, and i said, heck, they will skip it, no uses that loot anyway.... looks like they trolled us :/

noomi

Trials Hunter Gauntlets:

Intellect +53
Discipline +55

Hand Cannon reload
Heavy Weapon reload

This is perfect. Special Weapon loader is more useful than heavy tbh but this one feels so much cooler :p

Nice! Well looks like I'll need to pick those up then :D

Warlock are the same, yay!

E92 M3

That titan helmet is gorgeous. Destiny has some wonderful design. The perks on the other hand...is this going to be the future? Just kind of "meh" stuff on Exotics? Bungie really wants us not just roll over content...it's such an odd mentality to me.

Bungie has said they are more interested in things being average instead of exceptional for every situation.

Almost every Titan exotic armor follows a pattern.

See, while Hunters and Warlock get crazy unique stuff, almost every Titan exotic is: Here, take this subclass talent you already had access to.

Notable offenders:
Innermost Light
Armamentarium (warlock talent)
Eternal Warrior
No Backup Plans
SkullFort (warlock talent)
Glasshouse
etc...

The most unique Titan exotic is Saint-14, and that's because it is entirely unique. There is nothing really like it unless you count blinding grenades.

that warlock revive cloak, though?

ocean

Banned
Used a treasure key and thought I got no weapon drop. Check Postmaster

Her Benevolence - Shortgaze/Ambush - Hidden Hand -QuickDraw/Armor Piercing/Hand Laid - Unflinching

I spent maybe 100,000 glimmer on this roll a few months back and now it just randomly drops. Same element even :p

Oh Destiny

purg3

slept with Malkin
Being up off the ground is by it's nature situational. And unless we're no longer playing an FPS, being airborne makes it harder to accurately fire your gun and makes you an easy fully exposed target. Those aren't going to change.

So yeah, there's some conjecture about cool ways to use it, like throwing hammers while floating above looking down on everyone with disdain. Or maybe some raid mechanic. But basic FPS gameplay says it's usually not a great idea to be in the air, motionless for extended periods.

Exactly, since when is being a stationary target in the open a good thing? I'm not saying it will have no use because I haven't played TTK, but not being stationary and out in the open is like FPS 101 here.

Khepris-Sting-exotic-review.png

This looks good with any armor or shader?

Please tell me this is a joke post.

I think he's talking about the exotic titan helm from Xur's post

Kyoufu

Yep, i've even said it yesterday, that IB should be today, but then i saw no notifications, and i said, heck, they will skip it, no uses that loot anyway.... looks like they trolled us :/

You are quite the fortune teller. It's a good thing I checked this thread before it was too late.

Not that I even care for the vendor stuff. I just wanted the dead Ghost lol.

darthbob

Almost every Titan exotic armor follows a pattern.

See, while Hunters and Warlock get crazy unique stuff, almost every Titan exotic is: Here, take this subclass talent you already had access to.

Notable offenders:
Innermost Light
Armamentarium (warlock talent)
Eternal Warrior
No Backup Plans
SkullFort (warlock talent)
Glasshouse
etc...

The most unique Titan exotic is Saint-14, and that's because it is entirely unique. There is nothing really like it unless you count blinding grenades.

It doesn't help that even unique Exotics are still shit tier: Mk. 44, Peregrine, ACD/0.

Saint-14 and Ruin Wings are definitely the standouts.

It doesn't help that even unique Exotics are still shit tier: Mk. 44, Peregrine, ACD/0.

Saint-14 and Ruin Wings are definitely the standouts.

Stand asides just increase the duration of an existing ability. boring.

Peregrine are actually interesting, and you can tell the general public seems to like them.

The Feedback fence acts like it never made it out of beta. The perk doesn't even proc if you die from the melee. Which makes it super dumb.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Gonna need one more for nightfall...
join on me PSN Godless_Pagan
nevermind...got one!

OkayRene

Hearing the new Ghost voice makes me realize what a poor fit Dinklage's deep, gravely voice was for a small floating robot.

X-Frame

I hope we're over-reacting and this helm is like how everyone reacted to Gjallarhorn being sold in Week 2, ha hah hahaha.

Yeah probably not. :(

FyreWulff

I hope we're over-reacting and this helm is like how everyone reacted to Gjallarhorn being sold in Week 2, ha hah hahaha.

Yeah probably not. :(

Well, with Blueprints, you can at least insurance-acquire an exotic for later if it turns out to be secretly good...

Kade

I'm back into Destiny. Got The Taken King pre-ordered on PSN. I've yet to complete any of the raids and would like to at some point before the expansion goes live. I'd also like to replace this Shingen-E I've had since the first week (I have terrible luck and seem to only get Give/Take Equations as rewards for everything that I do). Down to do the Nightfall this week too.

PSN: dygbert (PS4)

Here's my character:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428435634/2305843009216061354

sikkinixx

Anyone doing the nightfall? I haven't done the dark below missions on my ps4 character yet so I can't start one up.

Psn: JessicaAlbaIsHot

I'll help despite no fancy raid weapons

E92 M3

I don't even think they hit that average mark with this helmet. Looks cool, but awful perks.

P A S S

Will be fun as decoration in tower and patrol shenanigans lol.

This makes me exceptionally sad.

"Become kind of Legend. Well, become better than average really. You can't BE that good. That wouldn't be fun!"

Yeah, that's why they're nerfing old perks as well. They never want to see exceptional weapons like VoC or FB again.

darthbob

Stand asides just increase the duration of an existing ability. boring.

Peregrine are actually interesting, and you can tell the general public seems to like them.

The Feedback fence acts like it never made it out of beta. The perk doesn't even proc if you die from the melee. Which makes it super dumb.

I do like to dust off my P Greaves from time-to-time, they look amazing.

Have you ever noticed that if you look at your legs while sprinting and in the air that your boots get little wings on them? It's the little things. :)

Peregrine are amazing with Brawler and Arc Burn active. :p

A very specific situation, but yeah, they're amazing for that. :lol

Guys wait, wait wait.

Wait a minute.

Why are we PREVENTING the Cabal from blowing up the Dreadnought's core? Don't we WANT to destroy Oryx and the Hive?

Namikaze1

G6SM1fx.jpg

Brief History
The Hive are the next alien species the new Guardians of Earth come across in their quest to stop the Darkness. They are an ancient race, traveling the universe in search of the Traveler's light. No one knows just how these ancients creatures came to be.

Towards the end of the Golden Age and after many fierce battles with the Fallen, the Guardians encountered their greatest foe yet. The Hive, under the command of Crota, quickly seized the Moon. The Vanguard amassed a large army of Guardians and foolishly attacked this strong foe. Almost all that were sent perished in battle. This large scaled attack did not stop the Hive from advancing to Earth. Crota remained on the Moon, choosing to recover instead of leading the attack on Earth. One of the surviving guardians sought vengeance for all the deaths at the hands of the Hive. She formed a small squad to attack Crota while he rested. One member of this group was Eris Morn. With the help of a rogue Guardian named Toland, this small strike team went off.

All but Eris Morn perished.

Eris Morn would return to the Tower after spending years hiding amongst the Hive. She warns the Vanguard Council of Crota's imminent return but her warnings fell on deaf ears. Zavala and the others would not heed her warnings so instead she turns to Guardians. As the Guardians hunted down Crota's generals, Eris's fears turned out to be true: the Hive were seeking to bring back Crota. The guardians were successful in stopping Crota's resurrection, banishing his soul.

With his soul banished, Eris urged the Guardians to strike forth and defeat Crota once and for all. The Guardians traveled deep into the Moon and defeated Crota for good.

Unfortunately, just before his death, Crota sent out a message to his father. The Hive's God-king, Oryx, gathered his hive forces and his new army, the Taken, and headed off in search of his son's killers.

The Hive Forces
Thralls are the Dregs of the Hive. They're the lowest class of Hive. Thralls like to attack in large numbers. They wield no weapons, preferring to claw Guardians' faces off.

Cursed Thralls are a variation of Thralls. Like regular Thralls, they wield no weapons. Unlike regular thralls, these Thralls explode in close proximity, physical contact, and death.

Hive Acolytes are the foot soldiers of the Hive. Unlike thralls, they wear ancient battle armor. They wield a weapon call the Shredder. this weapon fires void projectiles.

Hive Knights are large, powerful hive soldiers capable of wielding a sword or Boomer, a cannon-like weapon. They are capable of creating Walls of Darkness before them to provide cover and regain some health.

Hive Wizards are the most agile of the Hive. They're capable of flight and are protected by a solar magical shield. They can rapidly hurl arc-based energy blasts. In times of need, they drop a shroud of darkness capable of slowing down their prey.

Hive Ogres are mutated Thralls. These large lumbering creatures are capable of rapidly firing void energy blasts.

Shriekers play a similar role to the Hive Fallen Servitors. Unlike the Servitors, Shriekers are stationary. When a guardian enters their field of view, these Shriekers open up and attacks with void based homing missiles. Upon it's death, it drops several large void homing missiles.

Crota is one of Oryx's many children. He led the initial Hive attack on the Moon in his father's stead. He wields a large sword called the Sword of Crota. The sword would end up lost for a time before being found by the Guardians. It would ultimately be destroyed after the guardians used it to defend themselves from the Swarm Princes. Or so the Guardians think. They would later use it again to defeat and kill Crota.

Oryx is the king of the Hive. He wields a terrifying power that is capable of twisting a being's soul to his will. He uses this strange power to amass an army the Guardians call the Taken.

Hive Sects
Blood of Oryx are believe to be the direct servants of Oryx. This sect is located both on Earth and the Moon. This sect is controlled by Oryx. Members consist of Crota, Sardok, and the Celebrant of Oryx.

Spawn of Crota reside on the moon. They're led by Crota himself and seek to control the Moon. This sect consists of Omnigul, Phogoth, The Swarm Princes, Sardon, the Siphon Witches, and Telthor.

The Hidden Swarm re located on the Moon. They are the Hive's outermost line of defense, protecting the various temples and shrines across the Hive fortress.

The Scarlet Brood and Venom of Oryx are two more Hive sects. Aside from their sects' names, not much else is known.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For general info on the Fallen: click here

Will do the Vex and possibly the Cabal tomorrow.

Top Bottom