• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

MechDX

Just got an email from Bungie.net appreciating my battle for humanity's struggle as a guardian and saying I have etheric light at the post master from Tess Everis.

"I have information, but I do not know yet if you are the one it is meant for... Titans: fly like the shadows with the Empyrean Bellicose. Aiming your weapons while in the air will hold you in place for a short time. Orbs collected when your Super is full will recharge your melee ability. - Xûr, Agent of the Nine"

https://instagram.com/p/60GGYpFXCU/?taken-by=destinythegame

I hope Strength becomes a more worthwhile stat in TTK. right now it's a useless stat

LTWood12

One thing to consider about the Angel of Light perk on a Titan, is that it might prove really useful when using Hammer of Sol.

Think about floating above everyone and hurling hammers everywhere...

Also think about being a sitting duck in the air as you're sniped almost immediately.

Still better than Eternal Warrior.

I don't think so. A lot of situations where it saves you from dying mid-super animation in pvp. Yes Eternal Warrior is crap tier, but less so than this IMO.

hydruxo

Going to guess this is an exotic shotgun based on the reload animation alone.

gpELS6i.png

I know we've seen it a handful of times already, and there has been talk about it being an exotic, but we didn't know for sure. To me, this seals the deal.

Yep, and in one of those Game Informer gameplay vids for the new PVP maps they were using it and it had a Tex Mechanica logo on it + plus it seems to shoot slugs instead of pellets. Should be a fun gun to use.

Reloading.gif

purg3

slept with Malkin
Embyrean Vericose looks like it might be pretty situational with that hang in the air perk while ADS. It might be useful for some raid or strike encounters.

Yeah, trying to think of situations where this would be useful and I can't seem to find one. Why would you want to be a huge sitting duck floating in the air? Definitely worthless for PvP. Seems like a garbage exotic to me.

Going to guess this is an exotic shotgun based on the reload animation alone.

gpELS6i.png

I know we've seen it a handful of times already, and there has been talk about it being an exotic, but we didn't know for sure. To me, this seals the deal.

Looks like it might be the remixed year 2 Fourth Horseman.

ocean

Banned
Wait so the STOCK roll on Saladin's Felwinter's is

Aggressive Ballistics
Shot Package
Kneepads

...but no range increasing perk? Lol this is Blue Balls: the Roll.

Navy Bean

Yeah, trying to think of situations where this would be useful and I can't seem to find one. Why would you want to be a huge sitting duck floating in the air? Definitely worthless for PvP. Seems like a garbage exotic to me.

When someone pops angel of light in PvP literally everyone stops what they're doing and unloads a clip into them - on both teams.

Hunter and Warlock gloves for ToO both have the Hand Cannon and Heavy Weapon increased reload speed perks. This is the combo I've been waiting for...just don't know if I have it in me to do more ToO this week.

the helmet is underwhelming. but it is universal and not tied to any subclass. I wouldn't expect another saint-14. that just so happens to be the best exotic for the best subclass in Destiny. hard to match or surpass that. I would like more exotics that aren't tied to specific perks or subclasses. I like stuff like kepris sting (even though I never used it) because it allows for more builds.

it also looks cool and will look good with any armor or shader
-2 cents

I don't think so. A lot of situations where it saves you from dying mid-super animation in pvp. Yes Eternal Warrior is crap tier, but less so than this IMO.

This wouldn't sting so much if Exotics were upgradable. Eternal Warrior is bad, but so what? I have Helm of Saint-14. But I doubt S14 is coming to Year 2. So let's hope the others are good. This may be Year 2's equivalent to Vanilla's Insurmountable Skullfort and we'll hope for a new good helms like S14.

#titantearsaresalty

Looks like it might be the remixed year 2 Fourth Horseman.

Closer to what the 4th horsemen was before it launched.

Originally the 4th horseman was supposed to fire all 4 barrels simultaneously. However, Bungie realize how absolutely crazy that would be in PvE so they arranged to fire 5 bullets rapid fire... Despite it having 4 barrels.

Middle row perks of that Felwinters are mediocre/poor, has injection mold which is absolutely awful on shotguns. At least you won't get sniped by people who use this one without rerolling it.

Edit: in the same tower as my name is byf, there's a group of people just dancing around him.

LTWood12

the helmet is underwhelming. but it is universal and not tied to any subclass. I wouldn't expect another saint-14. that just so happens to be the best exotic for the best subclass in Destiny. hard to match or surpass that. I would like more exotics that aren't tied to specific perks or subclasses. I like stuff like kepris sting (even though I never used it) because it allows for more builds.

-2 cents

So we shouldn't want useful exotics that compliment a certain style or encounter? I'm confused.

purg3

slept with Malkin
When someone pops angel of light in PvP literally everyone stops what they're doing and unloads a clip into them - on both teams.

lol

Well the text says "fly like the shadows" I wonder if you get cloaked while using that? Doubt it though.

That titan helmet is gorgeous. Destiny has some wonderful design. The perks on the other hand...is this going to be the future? Just kind of "meh" stuff on Exotics? Bungie really wants us not just roll over content...it's such an odd mentality to me.

LTWood12

This wouldn't sting so much if Exotics were upgradable. Eternal Warrior is bad, but so what? I have Helm of Saint-14. But I doubt S14 is coming to Year 2. So let's hope the others are good. This may be Year 2's equivalent to Vanilla's Insurmountable Skullfort and we'll hope for a new good helms like S14.

#titantearsaresalty

I think I saw somewhere that we will be getting a Y2 Saint-14, but don't quote me on that.

Klyka

Banned
I love how everyone immediately dismisses the helmet, of course knowing all future content in Destiny and thereby knowing that the ability to stay off of the ground wll never ever be useful at all.

Good work Guardians!

hew9753

There's no better feeling than having all the Etheric Light I need for the moment and not having to grind the Iron Banner this week.

purg3

slept with Malkin
That titan helmet is gorgeous. Destiny has some wonderful design. The perks on the other hand...is this going to be the future? Just kind of "meh" stuff on Exotics? Bungie really wants us not just roll over content...it's such an odd mentality to me.

That's the way I see it. I don't think we will ever see anything on the level of Saint -14 / Ram in terms of dominance.

ocean

Banned
Trials Hunter Gauntlets:

Intellect +53
Discipline +55

Hand Cannon reload
Heavy Weapon reload

This is perfect. Special Weapon loader is more useful than heavy tbh but this one feels so much cooler :p

Theorry

Great Iron Banner is on and right away the whole Crucible starts to lag like crazy. Why is that everytime Iron Banner starts........

LTWood12

I love how everyone immediately dismisses the helmet, of course knowing all future content in Destiny and thereby knowing that the ability to stay off of the ground wll never ever be useful at all.

Good work Guardians!

I bet you can't wait to use your shank burn guns on the new Fallen strike boss.

rNilla

Where is the PSN link for the Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition? The only one I am seeing is the Digital collectors edition which is 20 more dollars than the retail. Which I don't want.

I would just get the retail but I have some credit I would like to use on PSN.

There is currently no digital version of the Legendary Edition. It might exist once the expansion launches but otherwise I don't think they want people to be able to buy everything for $60 and start playing now. They want you to pay more until 9/15.

GutZ31

-2 cents

Khepris-Sting-exotic-review.png

This looks good with any armor or shader?

Please tell me this is a joke post.

Closer to what the 4th horsemen was before it launched.

Originally the 4th horseman was supposed to fire all 4 barrels simultaneously. However, Bungie realize how absolutely crazy that would be in PvE so they arranged to fire 5 bullets rapid fire... Despite it having 4 barrels.

Interesting. Though looking at it again, the red light makes it look like Invective as well and we know for sure that there's a year 2 version of it. It'd be a pretty bad ass weapon if they combined their perks!

That new mission looks like it will have a ton of airborne bits....

ocean

Banned
There is currently no digital version of the Legendary Edition. It might exist once the expansion launches but otherwise I don't think they want people to be able to buy everything for $60 and start playing now. They want you to pay more until 9/15.
The US$60 tier with everything is confirmed to be available digitally after launch.

So we shouldn't want useful exotics that compliment a certain style or encounter? I'm confused.

no, I didnt say that. im just trying to keep an open mind in what they will present in TTK. just interested in trying new things and new builds. I havnt gone into a PVE encounter without saint 14 in I dont know how long. I wanna try new things. and even though this helmet is kind of useless. I like where there going with new exotics.

Almost every Titan exotic armor follows a pattern.

See, while Hunters and Warlock get crazy unique stuff, almost every Titan exotic is: Here, take this subclass talent you already had access to.

Notable offenders:
Innermost Light
Armamentarium (warlock talent)
Eternal Warrior
No Backup Plans
SkullFort (warlock talent)
Glasshouse
etc...

The most unique Titan exotic is Saint-14, and that's because it is entirely unique. There is nothing really like it unless you count blinding grenades.

Good work Guardians!

Being up off the ground is by it's nature situational. And unless we're no longer playing an FPS, being airborne makes it harder to accurately fire your gun and makes you an easy fully exposed target. Those aren't going to change.

So yeah, there's some conjecture about cool ways to use it, like throwing hammers while floating above looking down on everyone with disdain. Or maybe some raid mechanic. But basic FPS gameplay says it's usually not a great idea to be in the air, motionless for extended periods.

Top Bottom