• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

MrDaravon

Any GAF IB Trains running right now on PSN? I did most of the last IB solo which sucked as bad as you imagine. Help me not hate the PvP in this game so much! PSN: MrDaravon

X-Frame

I do like to dust off my P Greaves from time-to-time, they look amazing.

Have you ever noticed that if you look at your legs while sprinting and in the air that your boots get little wings on them? It's the little things. :)

darth, those aren't wings -- those are BLADES.

Top 5 exotic armors in the game for PVE my opinion
1. Helm of Saint 14
2. The Ram
3. Celestial nighthawk
4. Ruin Wings
5. Heart of Praxic Fire

Top 5 for PVP
1. The Ram
2. Armentaruim
3. Lucky Rasberry
4. Archlophage Symboite
5. Voidfang vestments

For funsies
1. Bones of Eao
2. Helm of Inmost light
3. Nothing Mantacles
4. Perigrine Greaves
5. Obsidian Helm

If I left out one of your faves, im sorry. discuss

darthbob

darth, those aren't wings -- those are BLADES.

pks4Rq6.jpg

EVEN BETTER!

only ever saw them in first person, those look fantastic

lt519

Oryx is the king of the Hive. He wields a terrifying power that is capable of twisting a being's soul to his need. He uses this strange power to amass an army the Guardians call the Taken.

Thanks again Nami!

But yo, what if while fighting Oryx one random fireteam member occasionally becomes cursed/confused like in a JRPG and start's wrecking havoc on the team.

stb

All about who you play with. I find the whole process of PoE 35 cathartic, but I'm pretty much always playing w/ people I enjoy hanging out with.

Obviously it wasn't like this before w/ the burns, and w/ the Skolas fight having all the yellow-bar majors etc. But after tackling it a couple of times it's become a great stress reliever after a long work day and sleepless nights.

Well, you know the group I play with (basically exclusively), so it's definitely not the group's fault. =) captscience, Dave_6, Haybro, Verde, schwagger15, and Grip (and you, when you join us!) are all laid back and have a good time.

I'm also the dissenting opinion; no one else seems to dislike the PoE content the way I do. It just isn't my cup of tea.

Do you like any of the PoE? I don't much mind it now, especially since I'm not really chasing anything, takes all of the pressure off. It also helps that I'm normally playing with people I enjoy playing with, and can joke around most of the time and laugh at each other.

I don't like any of the PoE. I haven't done 35 yet, but haven't enjoyed any of my time in the lower levels. As mentioned above, the group's great. If it wasn't for the group, I just wouldn't do it at all. As it stands, I'm willing to subject myself to PoE occasionally just to play with the guys.

Skolas is just very methodical in its design: start on one spot, kill adds, rotate, kill adds, rinse and repeat. Thing obvously can go wrong, but as long as your managing the encounter correctly, it's not bad at all. I think maybe my hidden OCD kicks in his fight too, since it so specific in how you do it.

I'm looking forward to the Skolas encounter itself, I'm just super not looking forward to the preceding stuff.

lt519

1. Helm of Saint 14
2. The Ram
3. Celestial nighthawk
4. Ruin Wings
5. Heart of Praxic Fire

Top 5 for PVP
1. The Ram
2. Armentaruim
3. Lucky Rasberry
4. Archlophage Symboite
5. Voidfang vestments

For funsies
1. Bones of Eao
2. Helm of Inmost light
3. Nothing Mantacles
4. Perigrine Greaves
5. Obsidian Helm

I'd vote Don't Touch Me Gloves, super OP in the CE raid and PoE mine sections. I'd put it instead of Celestial Nighthawk, while CN has one OP shot, Don't Touch Me Gloves don't rely on your super. More valuable in more situations.

I've also been running Kephri's Sting with a blade dancer in PvP so I can use the heal on kill perk and still crouch to invis. That one is more for funsies.

No Land Beyond of shotguns it seems

According to this video of Ghost ship: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...the-taken-king-s-eight-new-crucible-maps.aspx

The gun does 145 body shot. Shotguns have a 2x modifier for headshots I'm pretty sure, so that'll kill.

Even if it was a 1.5X headshot modifier it would still kill.

You can also tell by the video that it's range is better than the normal shotgun as well, and it it looks like drop off damage isn't so harsh because the 2nd shot does 126 damage.

phen0m24

1. Helm of Saint 14
2. The Ram
3. Celestial nighthawk
4. Ruin Wings
5. Heart of Praxic Fire

Top 5 for PVP
1. The Ram
2. Armentaruim
3. Lucky Rasberry
4. Archlophage Symboite
5. Voidfang vestments

For funsies
1. Bones of Eao
2. Helm of Inmost light
3. Nothing Mantacles
4. Perigrine Greaves
5. Obsidian Helm

Rob. Rob Rob Rob.

I would agree with you on St 14, but Ruin Wings are broken. I would easily easily easily put Don't Touch Me in their place.

ich00

Well, according to Ghost "They blow up planets and moons just for getting in their way." For all we know the explosion from the Dreadnaught might take Saturn out with it.

Do we still "owe the queen one?" If so, maybe her brother doesn't die, but Oryx captures him and part of the raid to kill him is saving her brother. I would think the strike would take place before the raid, timeline wise, so that's why we need to stop them.

Destinyverse don't play by our physics rules

Space Magic bruh

Besides, that post is talking about conventional weaponry. I can assure you that Destiny has no shortage of unconventional weaponry.

It's probably also impossible to be materialized out of thin air by a floating Christmas ornament but here we are.

Well, yeah. Destiny's crimes against physics are long, and recent (like Comet 67P smashing into Oryx's ship around Saturn, when it doesn't go past Jupiter).

Mainly it was an excuse to post a cool question/article.

I'd vote Don't Touch Me Gloves, super OP in the CE raid and PoE mine sections. I'd put it instead of Celestial Nighthawk, while CN has one OP shot, Don't Touch Me Gloves don't rely on your super. More valuable in more situations.

I've also been running Kephri's Sting with a blade dancer in PvP so I can use the heal on kill perk and still crouch to invis. That one is more for funsies.

Rob. Rob Rob Rob.

I would agree with you on St 14, but Ruin Wings are broken. I would easily easily easily put Don't Touch Me in their place.

and.....I knew I forgot 1. I really like Dont Touch Me. but I pretty much use it for only CE thuogh. I should give them a try.

Also they lose cool points because the queens brother wears them

Top Bottom