• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

GutZ31

Yeah, nothing.

I don't guess I did. Have a link?
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13177

Penny for your Thoughts…

We want your email address.

“Why?”

Don’t worry about it. We like you. Isn’t that enough? We promise we won’t give it to anyone else.

If you give it to us, we’ll give you nine Strange Coins. If you already gave it to us, you’ll also get nine Strange Coins. Think about that before you take our Coins, only to opt out of letting us send you fanmail. We read yours. Ours contain presents, as well as challenges and some other fun stuff.

Here’s how this works:
Visit your Bungie.net Profile page
Access your Settings
Select Notifications and Email
Scroll down, make sure it looks like this:
email_settings.jpg

Coins will be granted on Fridays – batched and rewarded. You have until August 30th to benefit from our seedy little bribe. We just want to keep in touch. And make sure you never leave us. Ever.

Dave_6

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13177

Penny for your Thoughts…

We want your email address.

“Why?”

Don’t worry about it. We like you. Isn’t that enough? We promise we won’t give it to anyone else.

If you give it to us, we’ll give you nine Strange Coins. If you already gave it to us, you’ll also get nine Strange Coins. Think about that before you take our Coins, only to opt out of letting us send you fanmail. We read yours. Ours contain presents, as well as challenges and some other fun stuff.

Here’s how this works:
Visit your Bungie.net Profile page
Access your Settings
Select Notifications and Email
Scroll down, make sure it looks like this:
email_settings.jpg

Coins will be granted on Fridays – batched and rewarded. You have until August 30th to benefit from our seedy little bribe. We just want to keep in touch. And make sure you never leave us. Ever.

Check your bungie.net profile settings. There are 2 contact permissions that need to be allowed. I had them turned off until recently.

Thanks guys. Yeah I didn't have those two boxes checked at the bottom.

Anyone need Nightfall?
Checking in early.

Really hope they don't do something boring like make him secretly evil.
I want a surly Russian AI on our side.
I'm pretty sure he on our side. Just doing things his own way. He's already attacked the Cabal on Mars. He's for the most part kept the Hive away from Earth I think(?).

That image has a horrible scale. The thickness of our asteroid belt is believed to be the same width/distance as Earth is from the sun.

Pay attention to the AUs at the bottom.

Yeah, I could only find a good image that included the belt at all with logarithmic scale, because the distances are so huge.

Here's a better one w/o the asteroid belt (and w/o pluto, since it's not a planet):

scalemodelSS.png

I'll stop now. Point is, The Traveler can do whatever it wants.

Axoman

"Travel deep into the heart of the Dreadnaught, in pursuit of a Cabal assault team. Stop it from detonating the Hive ship's core."

Why are we stopping the Cabal from blowing up the Dreadnaught?

EDIT:Beaten

Because if they blew it up, we'd lose our new destination in Taken King.

GhaleonEB

Saturn is waaaaay out there.

507435a-f1.jpg

I like the Kor's theory that it would destroy Titan, Saturn's Moon.

I think the Vanguard would be willing to trade a moon for the Dreadnaught. I'm sure they'll explain it in game, my reaction was the same. The Cabal want to blow up the Dreadnaught? Okay. Go right ahead.

darthbob

I think the Vanguard would be willing to trade a moon for the Dreadnaught. I'm sure they'll explain it in game, my reaction was the same. The Cabal want to blow up the Dreadnaught? Okay. Go right ahead.

I'm sure there's a story reason as to why we need to preserve the Dreadnaught. Whether it's for treasures and loot, or to stop a potentially solar system shattering explosion I'm not sure., but it seems very likely that they'll attempt to explain it.

Are there screenshots showing what weapons the vendors will be selling post-TTK? I would guess there's one for New Monarchy but maybe not the others? I think NM had a hand cannon, pulse, and either auto rifle or scout?

Anyone know?

stb

I could do it around 7:45 central tonight if you're up to it. I can probably rope Gutz into it too if Science isn't available.

In theory, I'll be running it with Drizz and Dave_6 around then, because science is a poopy-pants. If Drizz is occupied, I'd be very happy to have you show me the ropes.

After nearly a year and over 1000 hours of play I have yet to see any indication of this.

I remain cautiously optimistic that Bungies new focus on story telling will right this ship.

Top Bottom