• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Really? I'd rather the orbs stay on the ground til I want my super again. Trading super energy for melee isn't really appealing.

They're reshaping the meta game this way. I think it's interesting.

It should put an end to things like Bubble trains and the like. As well as abusing scenarios like Crota.

Faster Melee and Grenade recharge combined with a Primary glimmer farm option on the class I grind Exclusion Zone with? Sure, why not.

Also looks cool.

Lnkn52

No longer need Ltwood to post for me. Although I still might because I'm lazy

Well you're the famous T-44 everyone talks about (LT only). Officially welcome to the fam. Adding you to the GLord list.

And get an avatar before I choose one for you.

Ryck

LMAO that warlock exotic is horrible. I am really worried that Bungie will simply refuse to make good exotics again.
Pretty much, I think it's pretty obvious they regret making OP exotics and raid gear. I wonder how these "vanilla" exotics will affect the game and the players going forward. I wonder if there will be a player drop off by this time next year.

GhaleonEB

cJCWRIR.png

Warlocks: reshape the world and turn iron to gold with the Alchemist's Raiment. Collecting Primary Ammo will give you a chance to gain glimmer. Orbs collected when your Super is full recharge your grenades and melee. - Xûr, Agent of the Nine

Guess the whole 'collecting orbs while you have a super fully charged' is gonna be a thing now...

Nice of them to paint a bull seye on Warlock's chests.

Are there screenshots showing what weapons the vendors will be selling post-TTK? I would guess there's one for New Monarchy but maybe not the others? I think NM had a hand cannon, pulse, and either auto rifle or scout?

Anyone know?

So...

"Hey dawg, can you make some orbs so I can recharge my melee?"

"Lol whut? You make orbs so I can recharge my melee and grenade"

*no one uses supers anymore*

It should put an end to things like Bubble trains and the like. As well as abusing scenarios like Crota.

It is smart in that I can keep doing what I want, only using orbs for super, even while having the exotic on. It's adding nuance, which I appreciate. Just not my preference.

The exotic I want is an idea on saw on reddit:

If you destroy a Titan Bubble, the burst bubble emits shrieker missiles.​

As a day 1 defender Titan, I love that idea.

_woLf

So far TTK's exotics unique perks seem incredibly underwhelming. They all are steroid style instead of having unique elements to them.

Disappointing.

Trakan

You can just not wear those specific pieces of armor.

I wonder if Bungie is revealing all the exotics themselves because they know they'll be datamined the second they release the patch anyways. With that in mind, maybe the patch is coming soon.

darthbob

I wonder if Bungie is revealing all the exotics themselves because they know they'll be datamined the second they release the patch anyways. With that in mind, maybe the patch is coming soon.

Speaking of datamining, I haven't seen anything new in a loooooong time.

Bungie stopped putting early placeholder data in patches, eh? 347 VD notwithstanding

E92 M3

I think Bungie is making it where everyone is equally average no matter how much the game is played.

Our last hope is the raid armor and weapons.

Kyoufu

It's out a week before TTK. September 9 I think?

Deku Tree

So far TTK's exotics unique perks seem incredibly underwhelming. They all are steroid style instead of having unique elements to them.

Disappointing.

Isn't it already clear? They are nerfing to death or just removing from the end game all of the OP exotics, and replacing them with less OP stuff. It sounds like it's about balance, and keeping people from having as many specific gear requirements for going into end game content. Hopefully we will see less "must have ghorn" or "must be a Titan with St-14" etc. I'm gonna wait to see how it feels to play the game before deciding.

I think Bungie is making it where everyone is equally average no matter how much the game is played.

Our last best is the raid armor and weapons. My last bastion of hope for super strong gear.

It's going to be all "Casting a super with this weapon has a chance to refill the magazine"

Wearing the armor or not doesn't matter. The text makes it apparent that you now pick up orbs no matter if your super is full.

Thus preventing people from using supers, picking up stockpile orbs, using super, picking up stockpile orbs, repeat loop...

Patch 2.0.0 is likely coming Sept 9th, and you're probably right about the data mining.

_woLf

Isn't it already clear? They are nerfing to death or just removing from the end game all of the OP exotics, and replacing them with less OP stuff. It sounds like it's about balance, and keeping people from having as many specific gear requirements for going into end game content. Hopefully we will see less "must have ghorn" or "must be a Titan with St-14" etc. I'm gonna wait to see how it feels to play the game before deciding.

Why even bother with exotic gear then? Exotic gear should be exotic. It should be fun. It should have an identity.

If they're concerned about it being OP in certain situations, design around it. Don't ruin exotics being fun and collectable. Split stats for PVE and PVP. Making it 100% aesthetic only is boring as hell and completely kills a huge part of why I collected exotics.

Kyoufu

Lol Xur be trolling with these useless exotics

Maybe Xur will only sell these "meh" tier of Exotics while the actual top tier stuff will be drops only? That's how it should be.

Why does everyone get to buy the best loot in the game. I will never understand.

So...

"Hey dawg, can you make some orbs so I can recharge my melee?"

"Lol whut? You make orbs so I can recharge my melee and grenade"

*no one uses supers anymore*

I think it will be the opposite. People using supers like crazy so as to not accidentally walk over orbs and pick em up my accident.

E92 M3

I wouldn't go this far. We've seen hardly any exotics so far.

Yeah I know I'm exaggerating, but not liking what I see so far!

Maybe Xur will only sell these "meh" tier of Exotics while the actual top tier stuff will be drops only? That's how it should be.

Why does everyone get to buy the best loot in the game. I will never understand.

It'll be cool if Xur only sells trash-tier exotics and the rest have to be gotten through quests.

I think you're stretching. Comparatively speaking, it's lacking. That said, I'm sure Bungie is showing the lowest tier exotics first.

I guess that's inevitable or makes sense to have some things "easier to get" per say that isn't as great, but I think that's also the problem - there shouldn't be any "bad" exotics!

I'm not judging these exotics yet but I thought from their interviews so far they want to make everything useful in at least some scenario.

PuMa

Really? I'd rather the orbs stay on the ground til I want my super again. Trading super energy for melee isn't really appealing.

What if you're a sunsinging warlock and you're sitting around with a full super meter through a whole raid/NF?
I hate those guys

Why even bother with exotic gear then? Exotic gear should be exotic. It should be fun. It should have an identity.

If they're concerned about it being OP in certain situations, design around it. Don't ruin exotics being fun and collectable. Split stats for PVE and PVP. Making it 100% aesthetic only is boring as hell and completely kills a huge part of why I collected exotics.

Hell, if they need something to balance them out, then give them shit stats.

Like, if you want an extra grenade, fine, but you're only getting 1/5th the normal int value of a similar level piece of gear.

Speaking of datamining, I haven't seen anything new in a loooooong time.

Bungie stopped putting early placeholder data in patches, eh? 347 VD notwithstanding
There's been no datamining because they haven't released a patch since HoW in May. Just minor hotfixes. They've stretched this weapons patch for months..

Top Bottom