• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

hew9753

Ugh...so after a grueling, nearly 7 hour first attempt run of POE 35/Skolas (that wrapped up at 2am), I'm back up at 6am to see the kids off to school. So tired...

Huge thanks to reignofsparrows and therealinthrall for finally getting me through it - on our first collective try, no less. You guys were awesome. More thanks to fellow first-timer SuperHattrix for hanging in there with me for most of the run before he finally had to bail. If any Skolas vets have a chance to help him out in the next week or two, please do. He definitely earned an easy run with the time he put in with me last night.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Worst I've seen was WYL a few days ago. They were playing Control pubstomping and the challenge was "don't cap any zones". All of a sudden B is captured.

"Who the fuck captured it??"
Everyone in the time kinda intimidated being like no no it wasn't me!!
"Oh I'll find out. Just wait"

Match over and he sees the rewards screen and starts giving the guy shit where it says Zones Captured 1. And the dude is like it must have been by mistake I swear!!

I was just shaking my head. Why would I play with a guy like this :p
Problem is 2 people who got me into destiny played together all the time, and I really liked playing with one because he don't give a shot and just have fun, but the other rage so hard and start with, distasteful 'jokes', to say the least which ruins everything for me.

Yet when I said I refused to play with him when he acted like that I was the dick.
I just can't be arsed coming home from a long day at work, just to listening to words I can't even explain here when I try to entertain myself and have a bit of fun and relaxation from everything else.

And that is when I found DGAF, I've met a few people already and had a fair share of fun, and I must admit it's a lot more fun to NonCheese the raids with GAFers as no one else does that.

inthrall

Ugh...so after a grueling, nearly 7 hour first attempt run of POE 35/Skolas (that wrapped up at 2am), I'm back up at 6am to see the kids off to school. So tired...

Huge thanks to reignofsparrows and therealinthrall for finally getting me through it - on our first collective try, no less. You guys were awesome. More thanks to fellow first-timer SuperHattrix for hanging in there with me for most of the run before he finally had to bail. If any Skolas vets have a chance to help him out in the next week or two, please do. He definitely earned an easy run with the time he put in with me last night.

No problem! Sorry I had to bail so quick afterwards, did you get any phat loots?

Problem is 2 people who got me into destiny played together all the time, and I really liked playing with one because he don't give a shot and just have fun, but the other rage so hard and start with, distasteful 'jokes', to say the least which ruins everything for me.

Yet when I said I refused to play with him when he acted like that I was the dick.
I just can't be arsed coming home from a long day at work, just to listening to words I can't even explain here when I try to entertain myself and have a bit of fun and relaxation from everything else

And that is when I found DGAF, I've met a few people already and had a fair share of fun, and I must admit it's a lot more fun to NonCheese the raids with GAFers as no one else does that.

That's why I stopped playing with my original group, I deal with enough politics and bullshit during the day without having to sit down at night in my free time and deal with it all over again

It's amazing how some people turn into mini tyrants when they assume clan leadership

hew9753

No problem! Sorry I had to bail so quick afterwards, did you get any phat loots?

The usual ship, emblem and shader, plus a legendary machine gun, I think. Don't even remember what it was called. Haha. I wasn't worried about the loot. I was just doing it for the sake of accomplishment. And the Day 1 emblem.

GutZ31

I just can't be arsed coming home from a long day at work, just to listening to words I can't even explain here when I try to entertain myself and have a bit of fun and relaxation from everything else.

If I ever do any of this when playing, I am so, so sorry.
I don't think I do, but damn I would feel horrible if people though anything I say or do was this annoying/selfish.

Silvard

Did a card with Rubenov and Silvard tonight and it was the most sustained lag I'd ever seen in Trials. Literally every match had at least one red bar enemy if not the entire team being laggy. There was only one match that seemed like possible lag switchers, where guys were getting revived well after everyone on their team was supposedly dead. It was pretty brutal.

It was really crazy. I remember a match in which we were left WTFing throughout. Like the other team was playing a completely different game state.

Anyway, I'm stuck at work now. Any resources or streams or videos out there that are recommended to watch to pick up more about the PvP side of the game, especially Trials?

noomi

Need 200 titan crucible kills, should be able to knock that out in 2/3 days.

Decided not to grind the 20+ strikes I need because.... screw that lol.

At least pvp grinding can be fun, and help me improve mah skill.

Need 200 titan crucible kills, should be able to knock that out in 2/3 days.

Decided not to grind the 20+ strikes I need because.... screw that lol.

At least pvp grinding can be fun, and help me improve mah skill.

The strikes one is easy if you need 21 for e.g you only need to do 7 with a full fire team (for some reason the number of strikes is x how many complete it). When there's a bounty for a strike without dying just do Phogoth

MrDaravon

The strikes one is easy if you need 21 for e.g you only need to do 7 with a full fire team (for some reason the number of strikes is x how many complete it). When there's a bounty for a strike without dying just do Phogoth

Yeah, I was grinding out some regular Strikes yesterday and just doing Phogoth since that is probably (?) the fastest Strike, takes about 8-9 minutes depending. In my case though I'm also using with a Mythoclast + Machine Gun to wrap up Grimoire kills and stuff though so it's a bit more productive for me. I'm only at like 109/250 Strikes :/

ocean

Banned
It was really crazy. I remember a match in which we were left WTFing throughout. Like the other team was playing a completely different game state.

Anyway, I'm stuck at work now. Any resources or streams or videos out there that are recommended to watch to pick up more about the PvP side of the game, especially Trials?

Try and watch some competitive scrims. This past weekend was probably the absolute best I've ever seen in terms of awesome matches being streamed. It was crazy, everyone was playing sweats. Some notable streamers to look out for:

WTFisPoshy, WaRbulletproof, AEGabriel are super good players who mostly stream matches against other teams. Really good stuff. War has some pretty interesting thoughts about the game (he contends that "angles", or unpredictable map positioning, is far more important than gear or gunskill - if you wanna win, you need to come and shoot from weird places :p). Gabriel takes the "Titan Skating" thing to a strange, different level. And Poshy is just weirdly skilled. There you have a top-tier Warlock, a rare sweaty Titan, and a Bladedancer.

There's also the 13Devils. Nghtly and Catfanone are stream Trials basically all weekend long. Sadly, I haven't seen them play teams very often lately. But they carry viewers through Trials. You won't learn much, because they will mostly play randoms and just absolutely destroy them and make Trials look like a joke when it probably isn't for 99% of us. What's enjoyable is that they can be so chill and casual and joke around, with great music. Real different from other streams. But you'll just come out of it wondering how the actual hell they can snipe the way they do. ZL_chris is absurdly good but rarely streams.

She's My Nerd and WishYouLuck are both in a weird spot. Super, super talented, but they're total jerks :p So yeah take what you will there.

And Luminosity48 is my final stream recommendation. He's got a fair balance of Trials with viewers and sweaty matches, and he's super good. Chill guy too.

Our own resident experts: Zoba, Unstable, Rubenov, and the Double Dutch also play, destroy, and stream the fun at times :)

I feel like you say this every day. Didn't you delete characters before?

Apparently the system does not allow to delete the last character. I went back for one last time to keep my head busy after some traumatic event (Actually, I installed the game again under the effects of alcohol) and now I have vacations, but I once I do Crota's End I believe I will be done completely with the game. Online games are not for me, it seems.

Hey guys, I'm running Crota HM but our 6th didn't show up. Anyone interested?

PSN SolicitorPirate

Edit: We're starting now, just send a friend request and I'll invite you

RedRumy3

@Boguester
@EJRobinson90

Thanks for the help on PoE 35 you guys rocked. We beat it under an hour which was awesome. Appreciate the help!

Thanks!!

Are there any PS4 Mercury virgins around that would want to try a Trials run with me and EJ?

If no first timers, then we could grab anybody that wanted to play now.

@Boguester
@EJRobinson90

Thanks for the help on PoE 35 you guys rocked. We beat it under an hour which was awesome. Appreciate the help!

Thanks!!

Happy to help! You made the big clutch play to save our first-try kill on Skolas, dismantling the last mine and making it all the way across the map for the game-saving, last second revive. Great stuff!

Jeebus!! 7 hours?!?!?!

Klyka

Banned
Are there any PS4 Mercury virgins around that would want to try a Trials run with me and EJ?

Happy to help! You made the big clutch play to save our first-try kill on Skolas, dismantling the last mine and making it all the way across the map for the game-saving, last second revive. Great stuff!

I'd be up for Trials!

@Boguester
@EJRobinson90

Thanks!!

Thanks for the run, but mostly to Drizzay. I had only done it three times when the burns were still active, but his experience pulled us through. Good run!

Edit - Forgot that clutch-revive, that was awesome indeed!

MrDaravon

Ray beat me to it, but if you're doing any again today please hit me up :). I've never even done Trials once. I'm off today so I should be around all day, just waiting on a maintenance guy to show up.

hew9753

Jeebus!! 7 hours?!?!?!

And I joined at Round 3. We were doing just well enough where a Skolas victory was just within reach, but bad timing and luck kept wiping us out. No doubt we hit a point where we were too tired and should've just called it a night but by that point I didn't want the time invested to be a waste.

Bloodsent

Looks like Ray beat me to it. I will get it the lighthouse sometime. Gotta head to work anyway. Would love some help next time schedules work and you have guys availability! Love that you guys do this!

Just for curiosity, how long would a PoE35 take with two experienced guardians and a newbie? I know that modifiers will play a huge part into making it much harder or easier, but still.

Gammacide

Drat! Missed it again. I have the next 2 hours free should another opportunity arise. PSN is V1ctIm.

Tjamato88

Beat the Skolas story mission with the help of V1ctIm last night. Finally unlocked PoE so I'll probably try and play some of that tonight.

ocean

Banned
Beat the Skolas story mission with the help of V1ctIm last night. Finally unlocked PoE so I'll probably try and play some of that tonight.
You have to do PoE 28 (it has matchmaking) before you can do the challenge modes.

I need to do 32 or 34 tonight to get a Queen's Cipher so invite me if you see me on. a_javierp on PSN.

40 mins to an hour roughly.

Thanks. Interesting. From what I have read, everything amounts to having an strategy (defensive and more aimed towards wiping enemies and captains than hitting Skolas) and following it until completion.

The 32 (The Forever Eater) we played was pretty great, but we had a great team captain (sorry, I keep forgetting the usernames, naransing?), indicating the safest path and to have a shotgun ready for the "Statis Fields".

Gammacide

That was a good time. Much easier with 2 people. I'll be down to do some PoE later tonight after work as I'm looking for my last queens cypher as well. I'll likely be on around 10:30 EST or so.

ocean

Banned
Drizz, you should get in touch with HM05 or something and try to shoot for Skolas speed run record.

I doubt there's 20 players in the world with more Skolas kills than you :p

Bloodsent

Okie doke, looks like you were the first first-timer response. I'll send you an invite in one minute, I think EJ is finishing up a little food now.

Edit: sounds like you have to go to work, no worries! We'll get you in another run soon :)

When do you guys usually play? Maybe we can set something up for later today, or when a Trials returns?

E92 M3

I'll probably only watch the first stream and that's it. I think the others will be spoiling the content too much. Want to explore the Dreadnaught for myself.

Top Bottom