• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

FyreWulff

cJCWRIR.png

Warlocks: reshape the world and turn iron to gold with the Alchemist's Raiment. Collecting Primary Ammo will give you a chance to gain glimmer. Orbs collected when your Super is full recharge your grenades and melee. - Xûr, Agent of the Nine

Guess the whole 'collecting orbs while you have a super fully charged' is gonna be a thing now...

I like how the name of this exotic is "Money Clothes".

FyreWulff

Maybe Xur will only sell these "meh" tier of Exotics while the actual top tier stuff will be drops only? That's how it should be.

Why does everyone get to buy the best loot in the game. I will never understand.

I don't think Bungie intended Exotics to be rare in actual availability, it's more a description of that item's "power".

I think Bungie is making it where everyone is equally average no matter how much the game is played.

That's the whole reason you can only equip one exotic at a time. I have every exotic save one. The guy who's played 1 week has 1. We can both equip the exact same amount. It was a brilliant design decision.

Are there any armor pieces that are as much of a problem as Gjallarhorn or Black Hammer? Saint-14 is nice, but never a requirement.

Our last hope is the raid armor and weapons.

House of Wolves PoE gear stands as a stark rebuke to that idea. Shank burn.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So...

"Hey dawg, can you make some orbs so I can recharge my melee?"

"Lol whut? You make orbs so I can recharge my melee and grenade"

*no one uses supers anymore*

If Bungie is going the route of orbs refilling stuff if your super is full, does that now prevent littering the playing field with orbs to chain super since you will "pick them up" when your super bar is already full?

zewone

Maybe Xur will only sell these "meh" tier of Exotics while the actual top tier stuff will be drops only? That's how it should be.

Why does everyone get to buy the best loot in the game. I will never understand.

Xur just needs to get lost. He takes away from the game.

My buddy who just started playing recently bought TLW when it was a sold.

Last night he randomly got one from Skirmish and it was so ho-hum.

I can't imagine how stoked he would have been had that been his first TLW.

Just did the weekly heroic with randoms. Got to the Nexus and one dropped. The other guy needed to be revived every other minute. Finally get the boss down to 10% health and another guy joins. He shoots maybe one shot once he gets down and we finish. Mission summary, I get a blue and the guy who was in the game 10 seconds gets a purple. Super salty.

If Bungie is going the route of orbs refilling stuff if your super is full, does that now prevent littering the playing field with orbs to chain super since you will "pick them up" when your super bar is already full?

My eyes just crossed reading that, but yes I believe you are right...it's weird.

cJCWRIR.png

Warlocks: reshape the world and turn iron to gold with the Alchemist's Raiment. Collecting Primary Ammo will give you a chance to gain glimmer. Orbs collected when your Super is full recharge your grenades and melee. - Xûr, Agent of the Nine

Guess the whole 'collecting orbs while you have a super fully charged' is gonna be a thing now...

Cant wait for LFG asking warlock with this gear only for farm

zewone

Wearing the armor or not doesn't matter. The text makes it apparent that you now pick up orbs no matter if your super is full.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

Nothing has indicated there would be any change to how orbs work now besides this one piece and this may be the only unique perk that triggers this mechanic.

E92 M3

I guess that's inevitable or makes sense to have some things "easier to get" per say that isn't as great, but I think that's also the problem - there shouldn't be any "bad" exotics!

I'm not judging these exotics yet but I thought from their interviews so far they want to make everything useful in at least some scenario.

I think having bad exotics inevitable, but to what degree is the question.

That's the whole reason you can only equip one exotic at a time. I have every exotic save one. The guy who's played 1 week has 1. We can both equip the exact same amount. It was a brilliant design decision.

House of Wolves PoE gear stands as a stark rebuke to that idea. Shank burn.

Exotics: They made that decision to keep legendary items relevant.

Weapons: King's Fall will be a huge and epic raid. I expect the rewards to be SUBSTANTIALLY better than POE. I am banking a lot on these raid rewards.

As someone who hates when people spread misinformation, I think you're getting ahead of yourself. You could be right, but I don't see this as any indication that's going to happen.

Fair point. I guess I'm coming to this conclusion based off the verbage.

The way they're both worded is "Orbs collected when your Super is full..."

This makes it sound like this is a normal occurrence. Otherwise you'd think there would be a clause in there about gaining the ability to pick up orbs when you normally wouldn't be able to.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

Nothing has indicated there would be any change to how orbs work now besides this one piece and this may be the only unique perk that triggers this mechanic.

Two pieces. Both the Titan and Warlock exotic have the same verbage.

Coming from someone who is rich as hell in strange coins. and am always to buy anything from xur I want. my wifes character is not. you'd be surprised how hard it is to gain strange coins when your low level and new to the game. it is by no means an easy feat. any noobie that worked there rear off to buy Ghorn from Xur last week earned it. its easy for us lifers, but from someone who needs it, its not.

Its good that Xur exists and doesn't always sell garbage. gives the up and coming guardians something to work towards.

Warlocks best glimmer farming class confirmed. Disappointment aside, warlocks may be the only class the "pick up orbs with full super to recharge abilities" thing makes sense. This is useful for the subsinger class where the super is very often used as an insurance policy. PvE armor for sure. Can't say this would be that great on void walker or storm caller since you'd want to use the super.

I am curious to see how transfusion works in use. Typically legendaries have all dropped at the same damage levels. Will some legendaries be more legendary and be needed to feed weaker ones? Will we have to farm endgame content for weapons to upgrade weaker legendaries? If so then expect changes in the way ToO and IB rewards work.

Exotics: They made that decision to keep legendary items relevant.

Weapons: King's Fall will be a huge and epic raid. I expect the rewards to be SUBSTANTIALLY better than POE. I am banking a lot on these raid rewards.

We can both be right about exotics. It's a good system.

I really hope you're right about King's Fall. HoW had the worst end game gear, but the best legendaries (Hopscotch, Her Benevolence, BTRD, etc.).

E92 M3

This happened five minutes after you opened the box, didn't it? LOL

I don't know if cats just love unboxing, but it never fails when I'm opening something new my cat comes. She could be in the basement but will still hear something that's happening on the second floor lol.

We can both be right about exotics. It's a good system.

I really hope you're right about King's Fall. HoW had the worst end game gear, but the best legendaries (Hopscotch, Her Benevolence, BTRD, etc.).

I am nearly 99% sure there will be good weapons. Feel free to shame me if I'm wrong.

Don't worry, the Hunter exotic will blind and immobilize all enemies on every blink....

Hahah, that would be hilarious!

Top Bottom