• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Sleeper Simulant is a Heavy Weapon (Fusion Heavy)

I did not edit that one in. It was like that.

Capture from the teaser (unedited):

BGBsulS.png

Edit: Also, Vex Mythoclast is in primary spot but Universal Remote and No Land Beyond are in special (on the collection 2 page). Why is this? Who knows but it's weird.

Bungie is creating a whole new sandbox. Whole new end game encounters. And all the year 2 exotics are either new or re-mixes. None of the old stuff is showing up at year 2 power levels exactly the way it was. And they obviously are purposely making things less OP so that people try out different exotics and so that there are less or no "required" gear to tackle the end game content IMO. Also it's a rule with these reveals that the worst comes first and you save the best for last. So IMO calm down and I'm gonna wait and see how the new stuff plays out in the new content.

I like the other way around where exotics are bad ass, and always preferred. And "horn required" was a combination of crota being glitchy, under leveling to make the raid artificially hard, and the community. It wasn't a byproduct of the sandbox.

Daemul

So, there's a chance I can get 3 throwing knives....I am pleased.

That Tiesto looks hot.

Having 3 throwing knifes would require me to actually use Gunslinger....

QoQPJ67.gif

Nope.gif, ain't happening. When TTK comes out it will be Nightstalker for PvE and Bladedancer(Zoba u mad?) for PvP.

Mandelbo

I've reached level 18 now - it's very quick to level up so far, although I imagine that won't last too long. As well as that, after some dismal failures in Control a few days ago, I'm beginning to enjoy PvP (Clash, at least.) Sure, I am dying quite a lot, but I'm having fun at least. Whenever there's someone on the other team with a Thorn they're always at the top of the leaderboard and always deck me though... The story missions are really samey so far, and patrol missions are kinda dull, so I'm glad I'm coming round to PvP. Tomorrow I'm gonna give the strike playlist a go and try to get some more vanguard points.

I've reached level 18 now - it's very quick to level up so far, although I imagine that won't last too long. As well as that, after some dismal failures in Control a few days ago, I'm beginning to enjoy PvP (Clash, at least.) Sure, I am dying quite a lot, but I'm having fun at least. Whenever there's someone on the other team with a Thorn they're always at the top of the leaderboard and always deck me though... The story missions are really samey so far, and patrol missions are kinda dull, so I'm glad I'm coming round to PvP. Tomorrow I'm gonna give the strike playlist a go and try to get some more vanguard points.

I'm glad you're having fun with PvP at least! Other than OP weapons such as Thorn (which is getting a nerf very very soon, most likely within 2 weeks), PvP is really fun.

They're improving on the story telling with The Taken King expansion which releases in 3 weeks. But regardless, PvE is definitely best played with at least 1 other person, especially if you enjoy conversing. Playing solo versus cooperatively is night and day!

I'm sure there are people with alts or new accounts that would be willing to run stroke playlists with you. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Also, I'd recommend getting Crucible to Rank 2 asap. Get that first Light 36 gear to bump you up to at least Level 23 from Level 20. Everytime you jump up, PvP rewards you with higher light gear bumping you up even faster :p

If you have The Dark Below expansion, Eris has a quest from the Tower that ends up with Legendary Gauntlets. The quest line itself isn't horrible but can be time consuming if you don't look up how to complete each part of the quest. Free Legendary Gloves would definitely benefit you.

EL CUCO

back to back games of putting me in an ending losing match = 2 easy medallions

Next match my team of 6 randos went up against a party of 5+1 = smash them and forced a rage quit.

Game is unpredictable I tell you.

IDGAF about Blink, I'm actually glad they're nerfing it since it cheated me out of numerous gunfight wins when I played as a Titan, Quickdraw is the numero uno reason why I play Bladedancer.

Would you actually play Gunslinger if it had that perk? I don't believe it.

Skele7on

Banned
It's just jokes ={

I know sometimes I have jumped the gun and I apologise for that was only trying to get you guys info I have learned and won't say a word in the future.

also FYI if you can keep the 10 kills in a row bounty back for IB TTK you can put that towards new subclasses plus focused light for 15K :) as you can hand it to normal bounty dude

Mandelbo

I'm glad you're having fun with PvP at least! Other than OP weapons such as Thorn (which is getting a nerf very very soon, most likely within 2 weeks), PvP is really fun.

They're improving on the story telling with The Taken King expansion which releases in 3 weeks. But regardless, PvE is definitely best played with at least 1 other person, especially if you enjoy conversing. Playing solo versus cooperatively is night and day!

I'm sure there are people with alts or new accounts that would be willing to run stroke playlists with you. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Also, I'd recommend getting Crucible to Rank 2 asap. Get that first Light 36 gear to bump you up to at least Level 23 from Level 20. Everytime you jump up, PvP rewards you with higher light gear bumping you up even faster :p

Thanks, I'll definitely try and boost my crucible rank then! I'm still at the point where getting blue gear is exciting - I just wish the game would reward me with some better leg parts, I've been using my boring grey rank leggings for ages now! Admittedly I have been doing all the story stuff solo so far since no one else I know owns the game, and it hadn't really occured to me to ask in here for help with story stuff. I've been carrying myself pretty well, but if I hit a wall I won't hesitate to ask. I'm definitely gonna need to ask for help here when I decide to tackle VoG (which, incidentally, I know nothing about!)

Skele7on

Banned
Also I seriously dislike PD as they're owned by a guy who owns a bunch of sites.

for him Destiny is just a cash cow, and lol they're wrong often more than I

Daemul

Would you actually play Gunslinger if it had that perk? I don't believe it.

Gunslinger should have Quickdraw anyway since it fits them more due to the Wild West theme Bungie designed them around, and yes I would play as them since that perk alone would improve the class tremendously. Their grenades and melee are shit though.

darknil

So today the $60 digital legendary edition finally went up. So I guess a lot of amazon preorders are going to be cancelled since with the digital edition you can play content before it hits. That's nice... and late.

So I think I can finally add 1 friend to prison and crota runs.

MrDaravon

So the Legendary Edition is just the one that comes with TTK + the core game and first two expansions, but NOT the extra cosmetic dances etc right?

Gunslinger should have Quickdraw anyway since it fits them more due to the Wild West theme Bungie designed them around, and yes I would play as them since that perk alone would improve the class tremendously. Their grenades and melee are shit though.

But 3 throwing knives.......

Arc bolt is clearly the best Hunter grenade (those scumbags also get a fucking sticky grenade), but I just find the whole class cheap.

Skele7on

Banned
Wait did the U.S. not have legendary edition on digital already?!

Also I fully hate my UK account MGS is 58 pounds...

That's like 91 dollars...

Top Bottom