• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Can anyone tell me if i missed something important in the last 30 pages? Had to do a lot of shit irl so im wayy behind in this thread and in destiny. Havent even done NF yet and there is no way i can read all those pages.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Bought collectors instead as YOLO!
Smart man. Dat sweet loot.
ttk-physical-collectors-edition-esrb.png

Namikaze1

Can anyone tell me if i missed something important in the last 30 pages? Had to do a lot of shit irl so im wayy behind in this thread and in destiny. Havent even done NF yet and there is no way i can read all those pages.
-a few new exotics (+ one we already knew) were shown off via instagram
-iron banner went up quietly. I bet that pissed off everyone who loves doing the IB trick. :p
-Some nutcase on DGAF decided to do some general information shit on Destiny's enemies for some reason.
-Look like another IB will go by without the Iron Wafer train

SnakeEyes

Banned
-iron banner went up quietly. I bet that pissed off everyone who loves doing the IB trick. :p
-Some nutcase on DGAF decided to do some general information shit on Destiny's enemies for some reason.
What guns are up for this final pre-TTK Iron banner?

@3 i need moar info on this

@4 why?

Drizz i could run Skolas

Namikaze1

@3 i need moar info on this

@4 why?

Drizz i could run Skolas
Here's that nutcase's post. The rest is in the links at the end. Apparently, he's not done yet. :p

As for #4, that's just me trying to get rodiard to get an Iron Wafer train going. It's the last IB for a long while, rodiard!
aPBeebB.jpg

Brief History
The Vex aren't like anything the Guardians of Earth have come across before. These cyborg species are governed by Axis Minds. What makes this extremely hostile species so unique is that they come from different times. They're time travelers so to speak.

These machines have conquered many worlds throughout time. They existed long before humanity was born. In the current world, humanity had its first contact with the Vex sometime during the Golden Age. On an expedition to Venus, the Ishtar Collective came across Vex Ruins. These ruins were estimated to be billions of years old. The researchers suspected these ruins were from an alternate Venus and showed up in this timeline's Venus when the Traveler came in contact with it, transforming the planet to what it is today.

The Ishtar Collective kept gathering as much as they could on these strange otherwordly beings. They believed the Black garden to be the origin homeworld of the Vex. Further researching led them to the discovery of a lifetime: the Vex are capable of generating real world events. This discovery would drive the researches mad, believing they were all part of a vex simulation.

While the Ishtar Collective kept researching the Vex, the Vanguard received intel on a strange place call the Vault of Glass. Several Guardian teams were sent to investigate the newfound ruins. One such team was Kabr's group.

Kabr and his team of Guardians traveled deep into the Vault. The Vault quickly drove them mad, especially Kabr. Their efforts to claim the Vault were halted by the powerful vex Templar and the mysterious Oracles. Before succumbing to his madness and being written out of history, Kabr sent a warning to the Tower through his Hunter friend, Pahanin. As the Oracles erased him and his team from existence, Kabr fashioned an armor from the armors of dead vex. After his team was lost and his Ghost gone, Kabr used what was left of his strength to create the Aegis, a shield that would be used later on by the new Guardians of Earth to change their fate.

The Vanguard chose to abandon all efforts in exploring the Vault. The Vault would remain closed until sometime after the new Guardians destroyed the Black Garden's Heart.

The Black Garden is a separate dimension. In the center of it lies the Heart of the Black Garden. The Vex worshiped this Heart as their god. A legion of vex and the Sol Progeny, 3 powerful Vex Minds, protected the Garden from all intruders. The Guardians traveled to the Black Garden to stop the Darkness and restore the Traveler. After a long fight, the Guardians were successful in destroying the Heart and allowing Light to return to the Traveler.

Vex Forces
The Goblins are the foot soldiers of the vex, overwhelming their enemies with their vast numbers. The glowing white orb in their chest is their most venerable spot. They tend to crouch after enough time to cover their weak point. They wield a Slap Rifle capable of shooting void projectiles.

The Hobgoblins provide long range support for the Vex foot soldiers. They share a similar weak point with the Vex Goblins. Unlike the Goblins, when shot at, the Hobgoblins crouches down and emit a solar shield, shielding them from any damage temporarily. They attack from a distance with deadly precision using the Line Rifle.

The Vex Minotaurs are the most dangerous of the standard Vex soldiers. Their bulky bodies are protected by a void shield. They're capable of short range teleporting and will aggressively seek out Guardians. They are equipped with Torch Hammers. Any Guardian who makes it far into the vault will come across a stronger version of the Vex Minotaur: the Praetorian.

The Vex Cyclops is the strongest of the non-boss Vex soldiers but the less mobile. It is a stationary turret capable of firing explosive Void shots at enemies. Its weak point is the large red eye.

The vex Hydra is another powerful Vex foe. A large shield rotates around its body. The large blue eye is their weak point.

The Vex Harpies are the weakest of the Vex. Like Goblins, they prefer to attack in numbers. Their weak point is the single red eye.

Sol Progeny are 3 powerful Vex Minds protecting the Black Garden. They are brought to life by the Heart as the Guardians attempt to destroy it. They're giant sized Minotaurs with weak points in their abdomen.

The Templar is a powerful Vex Hydra with a full body shield. Its shield is so powerful, nothing but a relic that spawns just before the fight can take it down. Only with the power of the Aegis are the Guardians capable of hurting this powerful Vex machine.

Atheon is the final boss of the Vault of Glass Raid. It controls time and is capable of sending Guardians to the past or future. It uses this power to send at 3 Guardians to a different point in time. It is the center of the Vex Conflux network.

Vex Programmings
Aphix Invasive is a Vex programming. The Axis Minotaur that spawns when camping in Nexus and as a Public event target in Mars belongs to this programming.

Sol Imminent are an ancient vex programming located deep within the Vault of Glass. The Vex Descendants are part of this programming.

The Hezen Corrective programming are tasked with eliminating the House of Winter.

The Hezen Protective are tasked with protecting the Endless Steps and the Vault of Glass from intruders.

The Sol Divisive are located in the Black Garden. They're very religious and will do everything in their power to stop anyone from harming their god.

The Sol Primeval are located in the Vault of Glass and fights alongside Atheon, Time's Conflux.

The Sol Progeny are located in the Black Garden. They're 3 Vex Minds tasked with protecting the Black Heart.

The Virgo Prohibition are located across Mars and Venus. They're tasked with protecting the gate to the Black Garden.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Fallen click here

For the Hive click here

maomaoIYP

Oh it's IB this week? I wouldn't mind doing it just to buy the armor pieces because I like collecting shit.
Edit: fuck I shouldn't have looked at the Xur Instagram, I want to be surprised when TTK comes.

phen0m24

Just started the first PoE35 of the week, any PS4 first timers around who want to kill Skolas? On round 2 now.

edit: full now

DRIZZ

My RL friend Sarah and her brother would like to do a Skolas. We have done PoE before and she was recently approved for GAF (lurker!) so I am directing her your way. If you take one noob at a time and need help I would be glad to accompany. :) thanks DD

Top Bottom