• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Jeebus!! 7 hours?!?!?!

I spent about 3 hours on it with 3 different groups yesterday before finally quitting. I already beat it once and I guess that will have to suffice. The people you play with can really make or break these activities. Same for the raids. I understand why people on LFG sites are so picky now.

Ugh...so after a grueling, nearly 7 hour first attempt run of POE 35/Skolas (that wrapped up at 2am), I'm back up at 6am to see the kids off to school. So tired...

Huge thanks to reignofsparrows and therealinthrall for finally getting me through it - on our first collective try, no less. You guys were awesome. More thanks to fellow first-timer SuperHattrix for hanging in there with me for most of the run before he finally had to bail. If any Skolas vets have a chance to help him out in the next week or two, please do. He definitely earned an easy run with the time he put in with me last night.

Hey, thanks man. Had to be at work. I'm glad you were able to get it! At least I know the basics of the fight and such now. I'm sure someone on here can help me with it.

noomi

So... twitch stream on Wednesday, looks like it will showcase some of the new tower changes as well.

I really hope they talk about vault space, pls Bungie.... plz!

bgbball31

Sorry for those that wanted to do Trials or 34/35 PoE last night. I posted and got a couple of messages for it, but while I was waiting was was leveling my hunter and was falling asleep in the process, so didn't want to screw anyone over by trying something important half asleep.

Anyways, I have a few hours before work, anyone want to try Trials or PoE 34/35 now?

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Sorry for those that wanted to do Trials or 34/35 PoE last night. I posted and got a couple of messages for it, but while I was waiting was was leveling my hunter and was falling asleep in the process, so didn't want to screw anyone over by trying something important half asleep.

Anyways, I have a few hours before work, anyone want to try Trials or PoE 34/35 now?

PS4?

I would be down for some trials if you don't mind an average player tagging along/

PSN: DelicateBalance

ich00

Got a level 5 Warlock I want to rank up. Whats the quickest way to do so?

If you don't mind PvP, it's pretty fast.

When I rolled my hunter, I did the story missions until I unlocked the bounties and PvP, completed those and then did a combination of PvP and story missions. I think in all it took 6 hours to get my hunter to lvl 20, most of that time spent in the Crucible.

noomi

Got a level 5 Warlock I want to rank up. Whats the quickest way to do so?

Here's what I did... took me about 6 hours from 0 - 20

First off, if you have someone higher level that can run you through the hardest difficulty missions, that will help quite a bit.

- Do hardest missions possible for your level (within reason, don't try to solo level 8 as a level 5...etc)
- Grab some bounties in between (visit tower as new ones unlock as you progress)
- Around level 12 -17 you can focus on pvp and level really fast, and also get decent gear (grab pvp bounties)
- Do some strikes here and there if possible (they give xp, the 1st time you run them)
- By level 18ish you should be able to get through mars pretty quickly.

The "sort of" vault upgrade

Yeah, Luke Smith said that a few weeks back, but we need more details. Hopefully this Wednesday.

Kyoufu

Just need one more for Atheon Normal. Can't guarantee a quick kill since there's a few first-timers here.

edit: still need one more!

Id liketo do some trials. If I can get the chest I'll be level 34. I haven't played pvp regularly in about 5 months though haha

Probably just a reconfiguration of the segments in the vault since emblems/shaders won't be inventory items anymore.

This and I am thinking we will get some type of useful item by dismantling old legendaries. Dismantle your Fatebringer and get this item that will upgrade something with light.

Namikaze1

Looking forward to the stream this week.

I've been looking at the list of games + expansions coming out the rest of this year and honestly, I see myself just buying Taken King, Fallout 4, and either MGSV or Battlefront. Not a fan of CoD, Unity was shit so I'm skipping this year's AC and waiting for it to be $20 in a month and a half like Unity turned out to be after I bought it day one, brother is getting Halo so no need for me to waste money on that, and I'll be waiting for Tomb Raider on PS4. As much as I want the UC trilogy, I'm gonna wait for when UC4 launches to get the entire Naughty Dog UC collection (plus it'll be cheaper then)

PuMa

Looking forward to the stream this week.

I've been looking at the list of games + expansions coming out the rest of this year and honestly, I see myself just buying Taken King, Fallout 4, and either MGSV or Battlefront. Not a fan of CoD, Unity was shit so I'm skipping this year's AC and waiting for it to be $20 in a month and a half like Unity turned out to be after I bought it day one, brother is getting Halo so no need for me to waste money on that, and I'll be waiting for Tomb Raider on PS4. As much as I want the UC trilogy, I'm gonna wait for when UC4 launches to get the entire Naughty Dog UC collection (plus it'll be cheaper then)

So many games! Don't forget about Mad Max, which is looking pretty fantastic. Unfortunately, it comes out the same day as MGSV. Not enough time to play both before TTK.

Ambitious

Only one treasure key left, and I still have (at least) three PoE runs to do. Damn. What's the preferable farming method, doing PoE or hunting Wolves?

Only one treasure key left, and I still have (at least) three PoE runs to do. Damn. What's the preferable farming method, doing PoE or hunting Wolves?

You don't "need" to open the big chest each time. Of course the harder the PoE, the more you feel like you have to open it. But yea, I've played plenty where I didn't have a key. You have a chance to get a key from the small chests.

You get 1 guaranteed key per account per week (via bounty). If you've done that already, then yea there's no real good farming method. I wouldn't recommend it at least. Doing the queen's bounties grants a chance, as well as opening the chest from the Wolves. But you can easily find yourself farming for an hour or 2 with 0 keys to show for it. Youre better off just doing the PoE if you want the armor/weapon core and/or etheric light.

If you want to try, I'd start by doing all the queen's bounties. After that it's just farming Wolves.

noomi

I wonder if these keys are going to be useful after TTK. I have about 4 in my inventory...

Kyoufu

Thanks to Victim for helping out. Good to see GAFers get their first Vault of Glass cleared. They all enjoyed the experience.

ocean

Banned
Yes, all of them, with all three characters.
Oh damn you're back with a passion :p

The treasure chests aren't really all that important tbh. Only thing worth getting is Her Benevolence. Other than that I'd say keep doing PoE for armor or Etheric whatever you need and save keys for the Queen's Cipher once you start doing Skolas.

Hunting down the Wolves is a bit boring when playing solo :/ was a lot more fun when we made teams for it the week before HoW launched

Me and Thing and our buddy beat Skolas this weekend.

EPIC run, at the end, we had him down to like 1/16th health and the final set of mines comes on and we're all getting together but I still have Gjall Pal shells and I just keep him in my sights, he's firing at us, I see one giant ball of fire headed my way, but I fire one last shell. I die, then Skolas dies, taking every add with him.

I watch from my Ghost with a smile as Thing dismantles all three mines in an empty prison yard.

BEST.
GAME.
EVER.

Tjamato88

I was trying to do the Crota missions for Eris where you have to find Crota's servants. I found one of them but the other two were impossible to track down.

Anyone got any insight on doing those or are there any guides for those patrols?

Hunting down the Wolves is a bit boring when playing solo :/ was a lot more fun when we made teams for it the week before HoW launched

What I can never do is finding the chests on time. I usually end running in circles around the area where I encountered the wolves while looking for small caves.

ocean

Banned
I'm a_javierp on PSN. I think I have you but I'm not sure. Let's do a PoE in like 3 hours? The armor core + ascending an Exotic will make you 33. The Warlock gloves are great. 100 Int, Special Weapon Loader, perk for Fallen room (incl Skolas).

What I can never do is finding the chests on time. I usually end running in circles around the area where I encountered the wolves while looking for small caves.

I've never seen one in a small cave. They're usually all out in the open somewhere.

The one by the Hellmouth cave is the hardest one to find I think. MIssed many but finally found one in that lower platform where the hive chill.

I was trying to do the Crota missions for Eris where you have to find Crota's servants. I found one of them but the other two were impossible to track down.

Anyone got any insight on doing those or are there any guides for those patrols?

One of them (Uxor or something like that) Appears on Skywatch during events. Killing him on your own can be incredibly complicated. He is a Knight with an Arc shield, but it appears in the middle of multiple enemies, complicating things a lot. Of course, a lot of camping until he appears is required.

Top Bottom